Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

New version of Rex Accuseason

10 minutes ago, AnkH said:

But WAY worse: the Accuseason terrain colouring suffers from exact the same tile popping issue I had with Bijans terrain masks. It is completely unflyable like this, here are two screenshots using the winter mask near LSZB:

Yeah, that's bad. With that and the messing up of the runway textures also as some already proved in the official forum (despite the dev saying it doesn't) I believe I will pass on this one.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Yea, that looks terrible. And in typical REX fashion, an overly complicated uninstall and reinstall process. Such a joke. Think I am just going to forget about this update for now. I have bought it via Orbx and there are no step by step instructions for those that purchased there nor is it showing as an update via Orbx. 

I had orbx version and it works fine

- run the installer

- enter a username, email address, product key from the file in the documents REX6 folder, your orbx transaction ID from orbxdirect account and select orbx store

- hit register!

12 minutes ago, AnkH said:

If I am not entirely mistaken, REX Accuseason does not overwrite anything but just creates new folders containing the things it has installed. So you should be perfectly fine by just deleting all REX folders in your community folder.

I'm not denying what you say.   But then why do they have a RESTORE button in the first place when one can just uninstall the program?  Even the instructions say to restore textures before uninstalling

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

9 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I'm not denying what you say.   But then why do they have a RESTORE button in the first place when one can just uninstall the program?  Even the instructions say to restore textures before uninstalling

Well, if you have winter terrain colouring installed, you might want to switch back to summer (or no terrain colouring) without uninstalling the whole product? For this you need the restore button. 

All I can say is that I did not see any folder modified after applying the REX terrain colouring besides the REX folders, so I would wonder what they put anywhere else, but for sure, a dev would need to comment on this. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

No external developer modifies core MSFS files.
There is absolutely no need to, as placing them in the Community folder
means that MSFS then ignores its default and uses those instead.
This is not FSX and P3D has been doing this since P3D v3.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

I had orbx version and it works fine

- run the installer

- enter a username, email address, product key from the file in the documents REX6 folder, your orbx transaction ID from orbxdirect account and select orbx store

- hit register!

Yea, but do you uninstall from Orbx? Do you have to run Restore in the app before uninstalling via Orbx? Typical REX fashion, instructions are clear as mud and I don't want to bork by install by doing something wrong. 

Eric 

17 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Yea, but do you uninstall from Orbx? 

If you installed using Orbx Central, uninstall it the same way.
As far as I can tell, the old version and the new are entirely separate and the only folder that they both use is the Community folder.
To completely remove Accuseason (v1) from that, you only need to delete the rex_accuseason folder.
Once you have jumped through the registration hoops, installation of this new version is seamless.
Whether the way is works is seamless is another matter altogether, it seems.

Edited by Reader

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

But WAY worse: the Accuseason terrain colouring suffers from exact the same tile popping issue I had with Bijans terrain masks. It is completely unflyable like this

I see this tile popping in the same place without accuseason and in many other parts of the world as well.
Setting off from EGNM, Leeds Bradford and flying southwest, for example, I do not see it at all, so I wonder if it is the simulator and not necessarily accuseason at work.

1 hour ago, Reader said:

If you installed using Orbx Central, uninstall it the same way.
As far as I can tell, the old version and the new are entirely separate and the only folder that they both use is the Community folder.
To completely remove Accuseason (v1) from that, you only need to delete the rex_accuseason folder.
Once you have jumped through the registration hoops, installation of this new version is seamless.
Whether the way is works is seamless is another matter altogether, it seems.

I have uninstalled the old version through ORBX Central and successfully reinstalled the Advanced Edition manually. But I see no where in ORBX Central under "My Products" where I can install the new Advanced edition. It does show up in the ORBX Store for $43.80 AUD, but on REX Discord they say the new edition is not up yet through other Stores. So, I have manually installed the Advanced Edition, no complaints. I would just like to do it through ORBX Central though for the usual convenient "Updating" procedure. That is why I purchase most of my addons through ORBX.

Edited by TomCYYZ
  • Upvote 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

I have my previous Accuseason in ORBX. I uninstalled it and installed the new version outside of ORBX Central. Why does it not come in ORBX Central? It's not clear from the posts here if it is possible to have the new version replace the old version and keep it in ORBX Central.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

2 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I have my previous Accuseason in ORBX. I uninstalled it and installed the new version outside of ORBX Central. Why does it not come in ORBX Central? It's not clear from the posts here if it is possible to have the new version replace the old version and keep it in ORBX Central.

Lee

I was told in the REX Discord that it is yet to be released to Outside Stores. But doing a search in ORBX Central for "REX" it is showing in their store for $43.80 AUD. Maybe they are on the verge of releasing, I dunno. I too would like to know how to update through ORBX Central  as well, when it is officially released.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

8 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

After choosing Automation (and whathever options there), go into windows Taskscheduler, find the new AS Adv setting (the old one will still be there so delete that), and choose what settings you want for it. As a matter of fact you can open the old scheduler and either look inside for the options or point it towards the new .exe.

I have set mine to start once a week (e.g. Friday at 9 AM) whit an option that when the PC is not on on that time of day, it should run imidiately on the next PC Start. You can also ad a time limit to end the Application (choosed 2 min for me).

It's realy simple to do that. Just get in there and look at every TAB and option (it is self explanatory).

Thanks for this...I update daily, works like a charm. Already tested, checked the time and dates, sure enough the update worked...and it must have happened in the background, no "GUI" tweeting birds or running water sounds. Great stuff!

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Yea, but do you uninstall from Orbx? Do you have to run Restore in the app before uninstalling via Orbx? Typical REX fashion, instructions are clear as mud and I don't want to bork by install by doing something wrong. 

they're completely separate so you can keep the old one, install the upgrade then uninstall the old one after via orbx central

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

I managed to get it working again by simply removing the product.json file out of mydocuments and re-registering again. Wonder how long it lasts this time...

But WAY worse: the Accuseason terrain colouring suffers from exact the same tile popping issue I had with Bijans terrain masks. It is completely unflyable like this, here are two screenshots using the winter mask near LSZB:

spacer.png

Now, if you lower the viewpoint just some feet, additional masking tiles popp in suddenly:

spacer.png

But as you can see, the tiles do not reach that far and while moving around, they constantly get loaded and unloaded again. Completely useless like this (like Bijans terrain masks, he was never able to resolve this issue). Other regions like around LSZH do not show any masking tiles at all while in other regions of the world it might actually work as intended.

What a bummer, after this much of development time over Bijan I seriously hoped that REX got it sorted, but no. Same buggy terrain mask story we already got over a year ago for free from Bijan.

Chris, the tile popping issue in a known Microsoft/Asobo defect/bug and only Microsoft/Asobo can address and fix this. There is a long and extensive thread on the MSFS forum about it. The title of the thread is “Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in”. I do not think we are able to post a link to it in Avsim, but here is the url you can enter into your browser “https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerial-ground-tiles-changing-popping-in/547197”

All product developers that create products for Flight Simulator 2020 have to work within the MSFS codebase and can take advantage of all of the great things that the MSFS codebase offers. Product developers are also subject to the software limitations and issues that exist in the MSFS codebase, and unfortunately this defect/bug exists in the MSFS codebase, but I am hopeful Microsoft/Asobo will find a fix for it eventually.

I just flew around the Bern, Switzerland area (LSZB) that you mention in your post. There are some limited areas where this Microsoft/Asobo tile popping bug occurs and the Bern area seems to be one of those problem areas in the MSFS codebase.

Here are some images I took around Bern, Switzerland where I have zero addons installed, so this is vanilla MSFS. These images demonstrate the tile popping defect that is resident in the MSFS codebase and is a defect that only Microsoft/Asobo can fix. As you can see in this series of images that progress past the Bern airport, tiles pop as you move forward.  I do hope Microsoft/Asobo find a fix for this issue in the MSFS codebase, but unfortunately, this is not a defect that can be fixed outside of the MSFS codebase.  

6lYAOWE.jpg

aF8ELh2.jpg

VcJFb2e.jpg

TtFtFh5.jpg

KVVE4I6.jpg

dNyZE9t.jpg

FUoj6I8.jpg

vQxRr1o.jpg

1gzIKob.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

10 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

After choosing Automation (and whathever options there), go into windows Taskscheduler, find the new AS Adv setting (the old one will still be there so delete that), and choose what settings you want for it. As a matter of fact you can open the old scheduler and either look inside for the options or point it towards the new .exe.

I had forgotten that is what I did with the old version . Thanx for jogging my memory!  🙂 

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors