Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Sept. 4: The U.K. Major catastrophe :(

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

24 or 25 here where I am in England. The vegetation is already spontaneously igniting. There are fires everywhere. The sky is a dull red colour with all of the smoke in the atmosphere. It feels like Armageddon. God help us all!! :laugh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Aaaaah! Run for your lives! Who is this pratt?

Clear blue skies and obviously a lovely day where he is and yet he's got a waterproof hooded jacket on zipped up to the neck!. Be carefull folks they live amoung us. 👀 

• Like 2

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

25 minutes ago, BrianT said:

Be carefull folks they live amoung us.

He's more amongst us in Canada. He is in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Dugald Walker

It's hot in the summertime!!!!  Run for the hills!!!

There have been many heatwaves in the UK and everywhere else in the world for as long as humans have been around, and indeed long before that.

Unfortunately, we don't have accurate temperature measurements before the 1900s, so it is impossible to know if there were worse heatwaves in the past than those we've seen recently.  There were some pretty bad heatwaves in the UK in the 1970s and early 1900s.  There are also anecdotal records from people who wrote about unusually hot periods in Europe hundreds of years ago, but we cannot know the actual temperature at that time.

Temperature readings are also affected by the location of the measuring instrument.  Airports and urban areas are about the worst place to get a true temperature reading, and many of the highest temp readings come from airports and cities.

Guys like this and many media outlets just parrot so-called "news" from other sources and then sensationalize and hype it to get more views.

Instilling fear into people for profit is an age old way for some unscrupulous people to get money and power.

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

2 hours ago, BrianT said:

Clear blue skies and obviously a lovely day where he is and yet he's got a waterproof hooded jacket on zipped up to the neck!

Reminds me of the Weather Channel grandstanding clowns who got caught on video during a hurricane pretending like the winds were so strong they had trouble standing, and then a group of people walked by them with no trouble at all.

It's all a big farce, man.

Dave

Edited by dave2013

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I remember kinder, gentler times when British weather forecasts were more like this:

The names iin the shipping forecast are maritime areas around the UK as shown on this map:

sea-areas-map.jpg

Edited by dmwalker
  • Like 3

Dugald Walker

If this guy had long blonde hair and big chesticles he could go to to work for CNN.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

34 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

......Instilling fear into people for profit is an age old way for some unscrupulous people to get money and power......

Enter stage left > Religion.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Good grief! 🤣 28°C in my back garden as I type this. A week ago it never got above 16.2°C. I’m sure I’ll survive. 😁

Compare that to the 38.7°C we had in July 2022. We’re now in meteorological autumn of course so it’s unusual to have such high temps. Imported air from France and Spain so they’re to blame of course. 🤣

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well this is just typical, I have had most of July and August off as leave and have just sat around waiting for gaps in the rain to ride my motorbike.

Now there is gorgeous riding weather this week I get tasked with flying to the states. 

It was frustrating flying out over Wales with clear skies as far as you could see looking down on the prime motorcycling countryside below.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.