Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Your MSFS2024 aircraft wishlist

My only wish is that the existing default aircraft be carried over with even more deepening of systems and flight models to continue the fine work Matt Nischan & the WT team have been doing. And as long as Seb & Andrey Solomykin (ex-IL2 lead engineer now with Asobo) along with WT team are involved with the flight models then I'm happy.

Also keep in mind that Jorg/Seb have said in the FSExpo interviews that they go out of their way to not conflict with 3rd party aircraft devs that they know about.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The best aircraft are payware, and that should continue.. 😉

In the past I would have agreed with you.
Now, with the freeware mod teams, I think that the FBW A32X and WT CJ4 are arguably much better aeroplanes than anything CaptainSim or Aerosoft has put out.
The iniBuilds A310 is a competent long hauler. Headwind are slowly making progress with the A339.
Salty Sim and Kuro are improving the other default airliners.

As much as I loved POSKY, Project Airbus, Thomas Ruth and Tenkuu Developer Studio, what is being achieved now in freeware is amazing.
Expanding the list of default aircraft may mean some exceptional developments in the coming years.

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

My only wish is that the existing default aircraft be carried over with even more deepening of systems and flight models to continue the fine work Matt Nischan & the WT team have been doing. And as long as Seb & Andrey Solomykin (ex-IL2 lead engineer now with Asobo) along with WT team are involved with the flight models then I'm happy.

You may be right that deeper systems development for existing default aircraft is the way to appeal to 'hardcore simmers' like us. However, I'm sure internally MS/Jorg recognises that accessibility to newcomers and casuals is just as important.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

17 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Too many default aircraft already.. why add any more?

Right.  That's why I narrowed it down to eleven (11) aircraft, one of each type, each with total, complete source files in the SDK.

Talk about jump-starting some developers!  Freeware devs and payware devs.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

CH-53E

B-212

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4474/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3880/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

On 9/7/2023 at 12:56 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Too many default aircraft already.. why add any more?

The best aircraft are payware, and that should continue.. 😉

Totally agree fix what you have now and make them all not fly like a Cessna. Fix ground handling and takeoff and landings (not like paper airplanes) first than think about adding more gamey aircraft next. Folks don't want to pay for PMDG, A2A etc miss out on the best there will ever be on a desktop simulator as far as airplanes and expect default Asobo planes to be just as great. Ha Ha

• the small, nimble Dornier 328 JET (turboprop would be nice also)
  • SAAB 2000 turboprop

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

My list is quite dull compared to everyone else's suggestions. Some great airplanes mentioned.

1. 737 MAX

2. 737 Classic (Preferrably the whole family)

3. A330 or A350

There's a picture of a 737 MAX in the MSFS SDK. Considering the comments made by Jorg regarding airliners for MSFS2024, I may get my wish. Of course, that directly contradicts what they've said about not making airplanes that 3rd-party developers are already working on or have planned. Who knows, guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Fokker 100 would be awesome. However, I don’t use the default aircraft, so it must be payware.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

4 hours ago, Jviation said:

Of course, that directly contradicts what they've said about not making airplanes that 3rd-party developers are already working on or have planned. Who knows, guess we'll have to wait and see. 

They can always change their minds on that if putting more default planes in enticies more people into the MSFS ecosystem. That's exactly why they've been giving us so much free stuff.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

C130, B727 and B757.

Cheers

Terry

• Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.