Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best scenic route to fly in the Fenix that's under 1 hour?

I would like to show off to my friends what MSFS is capable of and would like some suggestions on a short but very scenic route to demonstrate the Fenix A320 in. Can you guys recommend a good route that will show off the beauty of the entire route from departure to parking at the gate?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

CYLW-CYVR, less than 180 nm approx. 40 min from gate to gate

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Show off the plane, the A20 cockpit and instruments. For scenery pick a small plane that flies low from which you can see the scenery. Explore, don't do a flight plan. If you have Aerosoft Brussels, fly around that city. Great buildings and POI. The giant electron thing, Atomium etc. When the new Amsterdam gets here, Brussels National to Amsterdam Shiphol, EHAM.

For land scenery down low, anywhere thru the Tyrol canyons is great. Like Munster to Geneva, 123 miles.

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

LSZH Zürich to LIPZ Venice.

• Like 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

A lot of suggestions around the Alps, which makes sense! I'll add one that is all about the mountains.

LSGG to LOWI, Geneva to Innsbruck. Depart RWY4, MOLU4A and the first thing you'll see after takeoff is Mont Blanc. Then the route follows the Alps West-East, finally dives into the Alps for a challenging approach to Innsbruck. The default scenery in Innsbruck works well. Default LSGG not so much, but there is the Redwing version.

Edit: This will take just under an hour. For even shorter flights, LIPZ-LOWI, LIMC-LOWI would work too. 

Edited by TuomasV
  • Like 5

It reads like a lot of us are yodeling our answer.... 😁

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

CYYC to CYLW over the Rockies.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Lots of routes through the Alps, Andes or Rockies though one of my favourite short flights is up the west coast of Scotland from Glasgow to Inverness.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I've recently flown around LA, like Burbank to Ontario for example, when doing short test flights for graphics settings etc. Of course no need to follow SID's or any other procedures, just mess around with flying low. The reason I like it there (at least in the sim) is the mixture of mountains and canyons, combined with the vast sprawl of freeways, different styles of buildings, malls, parking lots, stadiums, etc. MSFS really does a great job depicting what you see out the window. Good if you can show it to some people who haven't seen it yet.

Edited by Antipodeslonghaul
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

I would like to show off to my friends what MSFS is capable of and would like some suggestions on a short but very scenic route

Most people only really care to see somewhere they can relate to.
Any interesting locations near where you live? Big cities? Mountains? Glaciers?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Do you like mountains, but don't want the Alps? Try SKBO-SKRG, SKBO-SKBG or SAME-SCEL (and fly next to Aconcagua).

• Like 2

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Just a bit over, but YYC-YVR is my favourite.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU