Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Captain Sim Is Back! 717

On 10/1/2023 at 11:54 PM, Dominique_K said:

I agree at least with the conclusion, my friend 😄. Otherwise 

Choosing what is good or bad for the customer is a risky business which entails to define a frame of reference. And we are talking of  a product costing than 20 bucks here.  

Value is on the eye of the beholder as is price/quality ratio. 

Top-tier developers are in for the money (which is good !) but there is a passion for what they do which also pushes them to perfection. 

To review the product as @aniiran did is the way to go anyway, certainly not to start a thread with a slandering title. 

Who started this thread anyway?  And agree, what gives them the right to label companies as scammers?  They've advertised a product for sale and offered all the details.  What's the scam?

Jase

• Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

14 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

Who started this thread anyway?  And agree, what gives them the right to label companies as scammers?  They've advertised a product for sale and offered all the details.  What's the scam?

Jase

I’m not saying you’re necessarily wrong, but this is all self inflicted and the community finally had enough. They could of course redeem themselves, but they only have themselves to blame for the reputation and harsh opinions of the community.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Upvote 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

16 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

I’m not saying you’re necessarily wrong, but this is all self inflicted and the community finally had enough. They could of course redeem themselves, but they only have themselves to blame for the reputation and harsh opinions of the community.

100% I get it.  Would I buy from them?  No....their products aren't up to the standard I expect.  But labelling companies scammers, not sure it's the right way to go.  For all those who are fed up and had enough, just don't buy their stuff, it's pretty simple.

Jase

Edited by JaseMelbo
  • Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

Sometimes, the "community" looks more like a lynch mob.
At 23 of your dollars, this aircraft model offers a credible visual model of a Boeing 717
and a few repaints.
The VC looks to be a faithful reproduction.
It certainly looks nothing like an Airbus, as alleged earlier on.

m717_21.jpg?bwg=1695638856

To the untrained eye, the avionics do not look radically different to the real thing.

5863425.jpg?v=v4f69600acb4

There is no scam, it even states exactly what is on offer:

Classic 717-200 flight deck, brand-new model built from scratch including high resolution textures
 Essential functionality simulated, as well as:
– Autopilot
– Electrical system
– Hydraulic system
– Fuel system
– Air system
– Flight-Control system
– Engine Start system
– Lighting
Some systems linked to default systems
 Custom views

and that is what you get.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

If a company uses default systems in the ac and says so on their website than there is no scam. It is being honest.

Where they don’t shine it their communication with their customers. Denying certain issues and blaming customers for incorrect use, and at the end they acknowledge the issues….

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 hours ago, GSalden said:

If a company uses default systems in the ac and says so on their website than there is no scam. It is being honest.

Where they don’t shine it their communication with their customers. Denying certain issues and blaming customers for incorrect use, and at the end they acknowledge the issues….

Bingo!🎯

This statement sums it up!

Nothing else to see here folks!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

9 hours ago, GSalden said:

Charging $23 for that? I'm not sure it's not a scam, but I'm sure it's too much for my wallet. Specially when I purchased a 767, with a 767 panel and 767 avionics for just $10 (albeit for another sim, and during a sale). My wallet has voted.

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Tune in, in a couple months time when captain sim releases again and high-fidelity simmers once again, complain about a plane that's most certainly not made for them and they most certainly don't have to buy.

Rinse and repeat

Edited by Lucky38i
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

People advocate the logic around Captain word not allowed and their business model is what is  wrong with MS and Flight sim in general today. Complete jokers  with not seriousness in flight sim world. It kind of embarrasing.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

People advocate the logic around Captain word not allowed and their business model is what is  wrong with MS and Flight sim in general today. Complete jokers  with not seriousness in flight sim world. It kind of embarrasing.

The unnecessary elitism is what’s embarrassing. Let people have fun how they want to. There’s still going to be developers who make planes that suit your needs and vice versa. 

why gatekeep how people decide how to flight sim?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

The unnecessary elitism is what’s embarrassing. Let people have fun how they want to. There’s still going to be developers who make planes that suit your needs and vice versa. 

why gatekeep how people decide how to flight sim?

Hey I'd  rather fly the default  excellent 787 or 747 for free than fly that nonsense (money grabbing) from CS or LVFR any day of the week. But that is just me.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

6 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Hey I'd  rather fly the default  excellent 787 or 747 for free than fly that nonsense (money grabbing) from CS or LVFR any day of the week. But that is just me.

The LVFR is far better because it can atleast be combined with the FBW.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

The LVFR is far better because it can atleast be combined with the FBW.  

So you think its OK to buy a payware addon to be modified by freeware. I'm not down with that.

12 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Then do that, that’s the whole point of it.

Let people have the freedom to fly whatever plane they want with whatever varying degrees of complexity that they desire. You want to fly WT’s 747, then do that, people want to buy CS products? Then let them do that, what’s it to you how people enjoy themselves?

stop trying to shoehorn everyone into your desires and simply stick to your own.

These threads are a testament to unnecessary elitism that this community has. It’s as childish as console arguments. Let them die off and let people enjoy themselves however they want in a community that’s supposedly meant to be inviting to newcomers.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

So you think its OK to buy a payware addon to be modified by freeware. I'm not down with that.

On extreme discount sure.

• Like 1