Sign in to follow this  
NotASenator

Future of DX10 Question?

If I understand correctly, MOST of the complaints on the new Accelerator/SP2 package revolve around DX10/Vista problems. By comparison, FEW seem to be addressed to SP2 and DX9 implementation within XPPro.Phil has made it clear concerning the future for SP2:"There is no plan to provide any additional fixes in SP2. None, zilch, nada."My question is, does this include DX10 or possibly is work still being done for this item separately regarding improvement by patch/fixes? Obviously, this will have some influence relative to the wisdom of upgrading ONLY to be able to use DX10.I am not trying to start up another out of control post that immediately smells bad (Thanks for the blocks Tom), but would like a simple definitive yes or no answer to this question. If it has already been made clear in another post, I apologize for overlooking it.Respectfully:RTH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Aside from the release of the SP2 free update, there will no no more work done for FSX period. End of sentence. ;)

Thanks Bill:That's not exactly what I hoped to hear, and I sense that it may not be exactly what you wish you could say, but it certainly is a decisive answer and I appreciate the reply. I realize that the frustration and irritation we the users suffer may not even approach what you face on the developer's end. Your efforts and that of others like you are appreciated.I think I will just wait until SP2 alone becomes available and see what falls out with it by itself implementing only DX9 and XP. What I read concerning the added missions and the three added aircraft has little appeal to me.I sure hope that this does not make Eaglesoft's task in the supply of your fine contributions even more difficult. I would hate to see the development of the new Citation X grounded.Keep up the good work and thanks again!RTH

I'm sure it does make their task more difficult because none of my eaglesoft aircraft work in dx10.

Thanks:I still don't want to start anything here, but it sure seems to me that we are coming up with a common domminatore upon which MS has closed the door. Sure hope I am wrong.Who knows, maybe two or three years from now, all of this will be academic. I sure hope so, (but kinda doubt it). On the other hand, we may be seeing exactly signs of the future (both good and bad).Respectfully:RTH

Well put, that certainly seems to be the case! Does however make a decision on whether or not to to upgrade to Vista a very easy one now especially in light of the performance data released by PMDG with their new B747-400X.Bruceb

and before we start the name-calling, lets wait for the January Vista SP and see what that brings

HelloVista SP will probably bring DX10.2 and make obsolete another generation of GFX cards before we even have DX10 working properly.Still it is saving me a fortune in hardware upgrades while i wait for this mess to get sorted.

>Hello Bill>>Correct me if i am wrong but it looks to me like>Aces/Microsoft have given up already on correctly implementing>DX10 on a product that was originally touted as a DX10>showcase title.>>>http://www.freewebs.com/reading1871/30.jpgThat does seem to be the case. From a showcase title to a half-hearted attempt to deliver just enough to satisfy the requirement. I was really looking forward to dx10 and its abilities and am just very disappointed now over what I see. I hope it's just a simple driver issue but the fact that they labeled it 'dx10 preview' speaks volumes to the fact that they couldn't get it working right so shipped it as a tech demo for people to see. I hesitate to speak my mind here because this forum has a very bad reputation on the other forums as being ban-happy for people that don't follow the party line and from the number of people that didn't seem to say anything wrong I have seen banned in my short time here it looks like it may be well deserved. Please forgive me if I have stepped out of line.

I also wanted to add that the sim runs marvelously now in dx9 after sp2 and acceleration were installed. The menus are much more zippy and the textures are crisper. I unfortunately didn't buy the pack for 'the pack', I bought it to get the dx10 patch that I have been waiting so patiently for for the last year. Those extreme articles were pretty enlightening though. At least us early adopters are all in this debacle together! ;)

>I hesitate to speak my mind here because this>forum has a very bad reputation on the other forums as being>ban-happy for people that don't follow the party lineThen that's a reputation based on falsehoods.People get banned for being un-civil and downright mean.A person can speak their mind, as long as it's civil and nice.You look at every person kicked off, and it was because they posted hangmen's nooses towards ACES employees, or said ACES was lazy or lied, or called someone stupid, etc. etc.I'd like to know how those things are "not following the party line".RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian