Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Austin's video on FM improvements in XP 12.0.8

.) Jet engine thrust limits for max KEAS and max inlet temperature. This resulted from an exchange I had with Austin months ago, all beginning with a thread here on AVSIM about F-14 being too fast at low altitudes. So thank you AVSIM!

.) Modeling of fuel-oil heat exchange (as it happens in real jet engines) and its influence on fuel temperature, also depending on speed, altitude, outside temperature, etc.;

.) Modeling of break-away friction for tires resulting in break-away thrust to start taxiing.

.) Refining of temperature model for reciprocating engines, based on real flight test data.

.) Some final statements about other things the rest of the team is working on.

XP steamrolling away on flight model improvements like a quarterback in the NFL. 😁

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 5

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

That's fantastic detail in simulation.

• Like 2

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

20 minutes ago, Murmur said:

.) Modeling of break-away friction for tires resulting in break-away thrust to start taxiing.

That will make ground physics even more advanced and increase the lead in this (and many other) aspects of flight simulation.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

1 minute ago, flying_carpet said:

That will make ground physics even more advanced and increase the lead in this (and many other) aspects of flight simulation.

Hmmm I don't know... I'm waiting for X-Plane scenery to model pebbles under water streams, until then I'm not satisfied!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

28 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Modeling of fuel-oil heat exchange (as it happens in real jet engines) and its influence on fuel temperature, also depending on speed, altitude, outside temperature,

This was very interesting and he modeling this feature in the sim. Good job for LR. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Hmmm I don't know... I'm waiting for X-Plane scenery to model pebbles under water streams, until then I'm not satisfied!

I am sure Austin will figure out something like using the racer gamepad to poke you if you sit down on one of those pebbles.😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Next gen graphics and scenery. Interesting. I wonder what that is. 

I think they will not only improve the autogen but also entirely redo the way ground-textures are being generated. We know that it won't be orthos but i am expecting these new testures to be "based" on orthos to generate some closer-to-real-looking textures and perhaps also increase the mesh's resolution. My guess is that they will do everything they can do without using 1:1 orthos (not doable because of horrendous licence-costs).

I would also like them to increase the distance of city-lights during night and they should also add volumetric lights with cloud-reflections etc. But i think this will take 6-12 months to be really good. Let's see 🙂

• Like 3

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

3 hours ago, Murmur said:

.) Jet engine thrust limits for max KEAS and max inlet temperature. This resulted from an exchange I had with Austin months ago, all beginning with a thread here on AVSIM about F-14 being too fast at low altitudes. So thank you AVSIM!

On one hand, thank you for poking Austin to implement better jet engine modeling, on the other hand, curse you because a lot of third party aircraft will have to be updated now and I just know whose job that's gonna be if they're adandonware... 😑 😉

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

That may be the most easily digestible video I’ve ever seen from Austin. Love him or hate him, there’s no questioning his enthusiasm. 

Chris

12 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Next gen graphics and scenery. Interesting. I wonder what that is. 

yep we're gonna need some of that to sort out these cockpits lol

I'm all for this realistic lighting physics stuff but not so good on a computer screen

YBqyJxR.jpg

Edited by UKflyer

Here a small video showing a comparison with real life. I think they did a great work on the wheels-physics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

When you have someone who's a pilot, physicist and engineer...it's hard to go wrong with the physics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Franz007 said:

Here a small video showing a comparison with real life. I think they did a great work on the wheels-physics.

My bald head is itchy,,,,

1 hour ago, Franz007 said:

Haha

They spelt matches wrong tho. 🤣

AutoATC Developer