Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Which aircraft by Christmas ?

The US Thanksgiving and Christmas period as always been a time for potential significant releases.

Any thoughts on what we'll see this year?

Fenix V2 we will almost certainly see (*but who knows).    Apart from that, I am really hoping for the FBW A380.   

• Upvote 1

It would be great if the FBW A380 dropped for the holidays, but there's been no mention of it for months. It maybe a good sign, as in heads down trying to get it completed to a good standard. Or there's still a lot to do.

With the PMDG EFB taking so long, i don't think we will see the triple 7 until early/mid 2024. Like you, i think the Fenix will likely be here before Christmas, as long as they can solve the show stopper they are working on at they moment

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

13 minutes ago, Car147 said:

With the PMDG EFB taking so long, i don't think we will see the triple 7 until early/mid 2024

What made PMDG take so long with EFB development was a missing piece in the sim to facilitate communication between the tablet and the aircraft and coming up with a work around. That missing piece has now been implemented by Asobo and it doesn't have anything to do with the development of an actual aircraft anyway.

I'm not sure why people still seem to assume that PMDG actually spent 1 1/2 years or so working on just the EFB user interface or a performance calculator or that they stopped working on the 777. Kok actually said that resources were scarce for the EFB while they were struggling with that because they were tied to other projects. The 777 may or may not be delayed in the end, but logically that doesn't have anything to do with the EFB. We've already had the 737 for more than a year despite the EFB being delayed.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The PMDG 777  is not even featuring as a distant hope for this year,  in my mind.

• Like 1

The 777 would be great but they yet have to announce it‘s in beta. And since it‘s guaranteed to be at least 3-4 months in beta, there‘s no chance for XMAS. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What made PMDG take so long with EFB development was a missing piece in the sim to facilitate communication between the tablet and the aircraft and coming up with a work around. That missing piece has now been implemented by Asobo and it doesn't have anything to do with the development of an actual aircraft anyway.

I'm not sure why people still seem to assume that PMDG actually spent 1 1/2 years or so working on just the EFB user interface or a performance calculator or that they stopped working on the 777. Kok actually said that resources were scarce for the EFB while they were struggling with that because they were tied to other projects. The 777 may or may not be delayed in the end, but logically that doesn't have anything to do with the EFB. We've already had the 737 for more than a year despite the EFB being delayed.

As far as i was aware, the EFB had been promised for months, they went their own route to try and resolve it, which they gave up on as Asobo as you say fixed the issue. Was that not months wasted time? I also recall there was some mention in one of the many updates suggesting the issues they were having with it to throw more people at it.

That's all i am going to say on the subject as i don't want this thread to turn into another PMDG war.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I’m waiting to throw some more money at just flight for  the PA38, Avro RJ , and Fokker 70/100 , but I don’t think any of those will be out this year.

• Like 5

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

like it or not, at the other end of the spectrum I bet there will be another Carenado before Christmas. I hope for a twin turbo-prop or business jet with analog instruments. I simply can not get enough of good looking twins, they are the incarena(do)ation of general aviation, especially for a VR only flier.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I would like to see another GA that uses G1000 so I can justify keeping Navigraph.

Unless you guys know of one already on the market that is sublime.

Right now I have my hands full between the Comanche 250, Cessna 310, Cessna 414 (I love that plane) and Blacksquare Baron58

and of course the FSR500. (My only plane with glass cockpit.)

Ron

I guess Christmas came early 🙂

• Like 1

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

I hope that the blackbird Texan II might be out this year, it looks good.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

What About Aerosoft A330? 

Maybe FS Labs will drop something, who knows? 

I think JustFlight Avro is possible also 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Wasn't the Inibuilds A300 still planned to be released before the year is over? I could be wrong. 

They keep saying that's still the plan. I think that and the SWS PC12 are probably the major highlights for the rest of the year. Highly doubtful we'll see anything from PMDG, FSL, Aerosoft, Fenix, etc.