Sign in to follow this  
BobFS88

Navigraph Survey is out for 2023

47 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I should have time on Sunday. I won’t be answering any personal questions other than sex and age.

I’ve never been happier with v5.4 after getting a new PC. I’ll have a look at the questions on Sunday.

I finished it in 10 minutes while cooking supper tonight.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

2 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Nonsense

more interesting considering both Xplane and Prepar3d are survey partners in this survey - while Asobo/Microsoft are not.
(At least their respective brands are not among those 60 (?) listed in the FS Elite article.)

Fantastic influence if you can skew the biggest FS-survey ever created - while not being associated with said survey. Bought and paid for!

IMG_0051.png?auto=compress,format&fit=sc

I finished my replies within 10 minutes. I skipped plenty of non-relevant questions though,

Edited by SAS443
Grammar
  • Like 4

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

14 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Fantastic influence if you can skew the biggest FS-survey ever created - while not being associated with said survey. Bought and paid for!

You're absolutely correct, when one who's not listed as a partner, get their addon added in the dropdown menu for the benefit of their market while the other sim's you have to fill in the blanks.  That is something that should not happen in the independent survey. If they are going to list them, then they should do it for all or everybody should fill in the blanks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobFS88 said:

You're absolutely correct, when one who's not listed as a partner, get their addon added in the dropdown menu for the benefit of their market while the other sim's you have to fill in the blanks.  That is something that should not happen in the independent survey. If they are going to list them, then they should do it for all or everybody should fill in the blanks. 

I added more Xplane addons than MSFS since it was freetext with shift+Enter separation.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

56 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

You're absolutely correct, when one who's not listed as a partner, get their addon added in the dropdown menu for the benefit of their market while the other sim's you have to fill in the blanks

I really feel sorry for you guys........

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I'm a little disappointed with the question format this time too. Requiring a typed entry will get more people skipping those questions I'm sure. Didn't the survey last year at least give us the opportunity to rank what we considered important in an addon aircraft instead of just typing random things? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian W

KPAE

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

I really feel sorry for you guys........

You don't have to feel sorry for us because we are getting everything we want and what we don't have will get it when it comes. So no matter what the survey says, will be just fine.

It is you who should worry about what those whom out number you, who don't care about such things like flight modeling or other things pertaining to flight navigation and planning, who just want to fly around and put in that survey that would undermined the things that you want or care about. If that is you want more study level aircraft and ever improving flight models of the aircraft that you already have or anything else they plan to put into that 2024 release that's important to flight does not get priorities down from where it is now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Survey completed but most of the personal questions were skipped? Some bizarre ones which I won’t comment on. I don’t anticipate any surprises when the results come out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

You don't have to feel sorry for us because we are getting everything we want and what we don't have will get it when it comes. So no matter what the survey says, will be just fine.

It is you who should worry about what those whom out number you, who don't care about such things like flight modeling or other things pertaining to flight navigation and planning, who just want to fly around and put in that survey that would undermined the things that you want or care about. If that is you want more study level aircraft and ever improving flight models of the aircraft that you already have or anything else they plan to put into that 2024 release that's important to flight does not get priorities down from where it is now.

I see you'll take any opportunity to say certain things about a certain userbase seeing as how all of what you said has nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you took a second to not have a paranoid outlook, you would have realized that the dropdown arrow is actually skewed to MSFSaddons and not MSFS. Navigraph gave them the credit for it so they're the ones getting the real exposure here. I really hope you don't try to used this do damage control total user numbers down the line lol

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

I see you'll take any opportunity to say certain things about a certain userbase seeing as how all of what you said has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It doesn't take much thought to understand what you're are implying " we feel sorry for us". After all, are you kidding?

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

you would have realized that the dropdown arrow is actually skewed to MSFSaddons and not MSFS.

What's the difference, it still benefiting one sim,  it doesn't do anything for anyone else who were not given the luxury of having addons from a selected drop down menu. Of course you won't see a problem with that since it benefits your sim.  

But I'm done discussing this, let move on.

Edited by BobFS88

1 hour ago, BobFS88 said:

But I'm done discussing this, let move on.

Good idea because your assertion sounds really insecure. I can't even think of how a dropdown list "benefits" one sim over another. Do you think Navigraph will come out and say more MSFS users used third party content? They're just going to point out what each userbase used most. This will not indicate an advantage either way.............

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 2

Seemed to me there were less questions than previous years, anyone else think this? I agree with what others have said already about the text entry questions, definitely got a little tiresome after a while. Also, some pretty bizarre questions in there too. But as always, I'm excited to see the results.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Feels I got so many free text entry, (maybe because I'm not that into MSFS?), wonder how would they processes these, just ignore as MSFS is main string anyway? Or would they use AI power to process them?

A lot fewer questions this year. Plus K-pop vs ambient music(?)...I was torn.

I went through it most of the way a second time (didn't submit answers) leaving everything entirely blank except one P3D version as main sim. Amusing that the "What Asobo2020 addons do you use?" question still comes up. No option to create a P3D addon list? Also why weren't all the lists alphabetized?

• Like 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

49 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I can't even think of how a dropdown list "benefits" one sim over another.

OK I will explain it too you this one time and then I am done.

People don"t have the time or the desire to be bothered with surveys, because we live in a survey driven world where everyone wants your feedback on how well they are doing their job. If you have to do one, people desire is to be as short and as quick as possible. (Did I loose you or are still with me). 

So the question is, how to you make a survey quick and easy? By providing the choices with selected answers so they that people don't have think or type out their answers, keeping it simple which makes it quick and fast because typing takes time.

So if one sim is get their add-ons listed provided while the other have be type out by those taken the survey, who sim is advantaging?  

The evidence is already seen here with people complaining on all the typing they had to do.

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 2