Sign in to follow this  
BobFS88

Navigraph Survey is out for 2023

1 hour ago, BobFS88 said:

it is your sim that has to show the long lasting impression among your users in 2024, not what I have to say about. 😁

Yawn. You say all that yet 2020 is proving itself to be the sim that has the best default aircraft with the deepest systems......by popular demand no less. Continue with your baseless assertions if you want to it doesn't change reality.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 minute ago, Krakin said:

Yawn. You say all that yet 2020 is proving itself to be the sim that has the best default aircraft with the deepest systems......by popular demand no less. Continue with your baseless assertions if you want to it doesn't change reality.

And you all have predicted the death of X Plane and P3D and yet we are still alive and well, for over 30 year straight. That's no assertion, that's a fact. Believe your own assertion ( "best default aircraft with the deepest systems.....") as you what to call it and hope your sim turns out the way you want it to be, because we know our's is doing.

• Like 1

to be fair, as an alpha and beta tester for MSFS2020, the A320 and some of the others I tested were clunkers until FBW (A320) came along...to say default aircraft were the "best" on day one....not so sure.....

Edited by ywg256
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

4 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

to say default aircraft were the "best" on day one....not so sure.....

They certainly were not, and no one is saying they were the best on "day one" 🙂 

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I completed it but also was not impressed by some of the personal and irrelevant questions. If they are there next year I may not bother -- as some have said there are not likely going to be any surprises.

The survey is done for the benefit of developers so it is to be expected that the questions will be skewed to what developers want to know; I don't think it makes sense to view it as an impartial assessment of simulators, either in how many are using them or their strengths and weaknesses.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 5

Dan Scott

then let's compare apples to apples then (out of box default)...I'm not saying the p3d default stuff is great either but in terms of flight dynamics much better out of box...I had nothing but problems with the msfs stuff during beta....

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

6 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

They certainly were not, and no one is saying they were the best on day one 🙂 

These guys really get a kick out of putting words in people's mouths lol.

9 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

to be fair, as an alpha and beta tester for MSFS2020, the A320 and some of the others I tested were clunkers until FBW (A320) came along...to say default aircraft were the "best" on day one....not so sure.....

Buddy, I never said they were the best "from day one" and that isn't the point anyway. WT was hired and inibuilds was contracted because the userbase asked for more and MS was willing to oblidge. So no matter how "outnumbered" we are, it doesn't change that fact.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 4

I am definitely not your buddy and I'm trying to be impartial here so cool the jets....do you see me getting heated?....I am simply stating the default aircraft were not the best and it took mods to make them what they are. Default means out of box....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

then let's compare apples to apples then (out of box default)...I'm not saying the p3d default stuff is great either but in terms of flight dynamics much better out of box...I had nothing but problems with the msfs stuff during beta....

Not quite getting what you're trying to get at here ... comparing "apples to apples out of box default" would mean comparing them as they stand currently no? MSFS default aircraft/avionics/systems are far far better now (in the current version out of the box) as compared to the early days of the sim.

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

22 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

I am definitely not your buddy and I'm trying to be impartial here so cool the jets....do you see me getting heated?....I am simply stating the default aircraft were not the best and it took mods to make them what they are. Default means out of box....

Ok, can you please stop the gaslighting? Nothing in my language suggested that I was getting heated. If anything, you're the one getting heated because I called you buddy lol. Default means those planes are what is available when no third-party options are available. They are the planes that come with the sim. You have invented your own definition by suggesting a default aircraft had to have been there from day one. That simply isn't true. They are default because they come with the sim.

• Like 3

On 11/17/2023 at 7:54 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

In that case I won’t be bothering if they’re only interested in one simulator when there are three major ones.

I didn't get that impression.

I encourage everyone to participate.

I mean, imagine how I feel if DCS World is my favorite flight sim 😉

• Like 2

On 11/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, BobFS88 said:

You're absolutely correct, when one who's not listed as a partner, get their addon added in the dropdown menu for the benefit of their market while the other sim's you have to fill in the blanks.  That is something that should not happen in the independent survey. If they are going to list them, then they should do it for all or everybody should fill in the blanks. 

They specified that the MSFS list was supplied by MSFS Addons website (they keep a running list).

Maybe they asked Threshold X or X-Plane.org and didn't get a reply...?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Petraeus said:

For those living in these Sceptered Isles, in the drop-down list of countries, the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' is sandwiched between Gabon and Grenada.

Having said that, I stopped because of the irrelevant personal questions. Number of people in my household? Other hobbies? Life's too short.

Agreed, probably irrelevant but we don't know for sure why they asked. Anyway, those answers would hardly put your private life in danger so is it worth the 10 seconds saved not to answer?

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Anyway, those answers would hardly put your private life in danger so is it worth the 10 seconds saved not to answer?

10 seconds, 30 seconds, a minute, five minutes - who knows? It was a bit like pulling the arm on the slot machine and hoping for a winner, only to be disappointed once more. Do I pack it in here, or do I answer the question about Hobbies? OK, one more go - but now it wants to know my favourite Music Genre, because that's absolutely critical information for companies who want to sell me a scenery package. How many more pulls on the arm before some money trickles out, or in other words, I get asked which simulator I use most? Because every answer only nudges me a further 2% along on the little dial.

Instead I'll sit in the virtual queue waiting to take off from London Gatwick, but at least I can see how long it is to my turn.

Petraeus

6 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I didn't get that impression.

I encourage everyone to participate.

I mean, imagine how I feel if DCS World is my favorite flight sim 😉

I did. See my response a few posts on. Most personal questions skipped.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather