Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

New Asobo Cirrus SR22, what's the verdict?

22 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Asobo goofed on the name so it still says, 'SR22'.

No, we goofed. 🙂 I know folks like to blame Asobo for all sorts of things, but we're perfectly capable of creating bone-headed bugs too, thank you very much. 😅

Again, as for sounds, they're bit for bit identical to before, no changes at all. It's just a consequence of the engine running at a different RPM than previously. But if you ran the old plane at 2500 RPM it would sound identical to now.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Again, we need a comparison video.🧐  The only difference I see is the spool-up sound when taking off.

You can't hear that the RPMs are constant at 2500, whether you're at 20% power or 100% power? Really?  Versus the Asobo SR22 where RPMs were 2700 at 100% power and as low as 2400 at 50% power?

If you don't notice that, I don't think me making a video of it will help. 😄

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

FYI:

https://flightsim.to/file/43515/asobo-sr22-realism-mod

Warning: the runway modeling is wrong (WT has it right whereby it starts flying itself off around 90kts). The climbout is however more realistic feeling up to and holding 120kts IAS. He fixed the SR22T name in startup, and WB loadout issues with proper stations and labels.TKS now works and shows properly as its being depleted, as well as proper CAS message to exit icing!

Lastly in cruise the sim locked up and froze completely. Had lots of stuttering prior as well.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Matt,

Quickly on the issue of the declutter option on the SR22T MFD. On my initial load of the aircraft, that softkey (3rd from the right)was not labeled as “Detail”. But thanks to your discussion (here and following), I tried to hit that (then-unlabeled) softkey and happily the declutter options became available and the proper label did as well. And the proper “Detail” label now persists from one session to another. As you requested: Screenshots Before and After the intervention.

An undocumented feature? Perhaps a future tweak to the code.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify this.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

@MattNischan Bit of an out-there question and really not your responsibility, but I'm having trouble getting a response from the developer.

Both the new and the old SR22 automatically close FSRealistic when a flight begins. It's only the SR22 that does this, and it does it every time. I don't have any SR22 mods installed, so as far as you know, is there anything unique to the SR22 you can think of that might cause it to do this? 

Situation obviously not helped by the fact that it seems to be only me that is experiencing it!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

FYI:

https://flightsim.to/file/43515/asobo-sr22-realism-mod

Warning: the runway modeling is wrong (WT has it right whereby it starts flying itself off around 90kts). The climbout is however more realistic feeling up to and holding 120kts IAS. He fixed the SR22T name in startup, and WB loadout issues with proper stations and labels.TKS now works and shows properly as its being depleted, as well as proper CAS message to exit icing!

Lastly in cruise the sim locked up and froze completely. Had lots of stuttering prior as well.

As I understand it from reading the description, this is the old mod he did for the old Asobo SR22, he copied the engine.cfg files from the new SR22T and added some more stuff, so I'm pretty sure the new liveries made by @ryanbatc and others won't work with this mod and I think the interior will be different too. This is a mod for the old model, not for the new one.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

34 minutes ago, Alvega said:

As I understand it from reading the description, this is the old mod he did for the old Asobo SR22, he copied the engine.cfg files from the new SR22T and added some more stuff, so I'm pretty sure the new liveries made by @ryanbatc and others won't work with this mod and I think the interior will be different too. This is a mod for the old model, not for the new one.

Not according to the changelog, flight just tried. Understanding was new liveries were not possible due to texture issues? :

"This is primarily a compatibility update for SU14, which replaced the SR22 with the SR22T that includes a more powerful turbocharged engine, and all new Avionics. This required the following changes to the mod"

2 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Not according to the changelog, flight just tried. Understanding was new liveries were not possible due to texture issues? :

"This is primarily a compatibility update for SU14, which replaced the SR22 with the SR22T that includes a more powerful turbocharged engine, and all new Avionics. This required the following changes to the mod"

Yes, that's what I was saying. it is just a compatibility update for his old mod for the old SR22. It uses the old 3D model with some modifications, so the liveries made for the new 3D model won't work. Or did you try the mod with a livery made for the new SR22T and it worked?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

Yes, that's what I was saying. it is just a compatibility update for his old mod for the old SR22. It uses the old 3D model with some modifications, so the liveries made for the new 3D model won't work. Or did you try the mod with a livery made for the new SR22T and it worked?

Is this what you are referring to? Or is/are there better? :

https://flightsim.to/file/65232/asobo-cirrus-sr22t-g6-n4kr-platinum-edition

15 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Is this what you are referring to? Or is/are there better? :

https://flightsim.to/file/65232/asobo-cirrus-sr22t-g6-n4kr-platinum-edition

Yes, this one is for the new model. Does it work with the mod?

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

13 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Yes, this one is for the new model. Does it work with the mod?

no idea will try when time permits. focusing on the flight model, avionics, etc.

paint and visuals unrelated to flight/avionics are the last thing on the list unfortunately

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

3 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

as well as proper CAS message to exit icing!

I think a lot is being attributed to this mod that hasn't changed. The CAS message was always present.

The climb out performance currently is exactly in line with POH numbers and manufacturer data, so you are free to deviate from that of course if that is your preference, but I would hesitate to call it more realistic.

• Like 3

I had a mod conflict causing the new G1000 not to work and an issue, oddly, with the mixture lever animation. After the usual epic struggle with my community folder it turns out that I had a file named zWTnxi-0.12.2-sync-fix in there. Deleted it and it's fine now. 

Well since I'm in the middle of building an SR22 sim, its a very welcome addition!! Just have to wait for real sim gear to update the GCU stack and we are cooking!

Some observations-

1. No free casting front wheel
  2. The fuel totalizer for some reason does not change the fuel. Should it do this??
  3. the aileron trim is a little slow or ineffective, would be good if it had the same adjustment as the trim.

But all in all, its flying very nice 🙂

53385481586_4cd2550fca_c.jpg20231202_153031 by spam ed, on Flickr

Edited by Spam3d
  • Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

The V/S- Button wheel freeze the changing for up and down  after few minutes when flying and change the flightlevel more often.

On my eclipse-yoke is programming a button for Autopilot ON/OFF.  When I press this button it freeze immediately.

Gr Harald