Sign in to follow this  
polosim

SimWorks Studios Pilatus PC-12 released

Ok got a question.  I know that somehow the rudder's & elevators are interlinked somehow. So basically with this aircraft having the elevator's & rudders interlinked. Does that basically mean I should stay on the pedals and let the yoke be on approach with the yaw damper off?  I have noticed this connection when I put the remove before flight placard in it's place and making sure flight controls were free and correct.

Hope this makes a bit of sense 😮   So what's the MO here?

Happy Landings

Disregard forgot to set the rudder trim 1 click to the left on approach.  May have been the culprit.  Still don't understand the linking of the elevator's & rudder's with YD off.

Edited by jwhak

1 minute ago, jwhak said:

I know that somehow the rudder's & elevators are interlinked somehow

The rudder and the ailerons are interlinked and not the rudder and the elevator.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

15 minutes ago, james42 said:

... they mentioned the sim having a ground and air mode and the transition between them is a little off right now. I get they are going for a realistic flight model, but I hope it's something they can adjust as the transition from ground to air mode and back again is making takeoffs and landings a bit difficult imho.   

This. I'm sure (hopeful) they are going to look at this with some priority as it is the biggest recurring issue at the moment with the release. Even though this is a pretty significant concern, I'm really enjoying the aircraft so far and look forward to further improvements!

• Upvote 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

1 minute ago, Purr said:

This. I'm sure (hopeful) they are going to look at this with some priority as it is the biggest recurring issue at the moment with the release. Even though this is a pretty significant concern, I'm really enjoying the aircraft so far and look forward to further improvements!

So in the vid I posted above of real PC-12 pilot he suggest to rotate at 80kts before flight transition take effect . As far as landing same person suggest stay on the rudders at all time and precede reverse thrust pull to the left 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Meh... if the most important phases of flight aren't modeled correctly, what's the point? Looks like a pass for me at this time. 

• Like 2

I'm curious about why the transition from ground handling to flight wouldn't be when the wheels left the ground instead of a selected ground speed?

52 minutes ago, ZoblebV8 said:

I'm curious about why the transition from ground handling to flight wouldn't be when the wheels left the ground instead of a selected ground speed?

Here is from manual:

The aileron and rudder controls are mechanically linked with an interconnect system, whereby when the yoke is turned, rudder pedals also follow in the same direction and vice versa. The purpose of the system is to assist turn coordination and reduce adverse-yaw. The aileron-rudder relationship is 1:1 up to 25kts. After that point, the ratio of the interconnect begins to reduce and is very subtle above 150 knots. As it is not possible to feel the control forces on a desktop controller, you will need to cross-control with your desktop controls. As you apply aileron control in one direction, the aircraft’s pedals will follow suit in order to better co- ordinate the turn. If you want to stop it, you would need to apply opposite rudder pressure in order to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chapstick said:

Meh... if the most important phases of flight aren't modeled correctly, what's the point? Looks like a pass for me at this time. 

I'm not saying there should not be tweaked, but when you say something modeled incorrectly you probably know how real PC-12 flies? 

Here is another interesting perspective. Looks like some rudder work after touch down

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm not saying there should not be tweaked, but when you say something modeled incorrectly you probably know how real PC-12 flies? 

Why would I need to know how it flies IRL if the devs themselves are telling us that the flight model is compromised? 

I remember when I first fly in T-6 with instructor, he told me to hold full right rudder during power on stall. I thought I got it because I flew several airplanes before that and having couple hundredth hours total time behind my belt it felt like I was experienced enough. Well we went up for power on stall and pushed right rudder second later we ended up inverted. Scared sh... out of me! LOL He turned back and said - I told you full right rudder LOL So I did it again this time I pushed right rudder to my dear life, T-6 gently stall and lower nose down and i recovered LOL

I don't know how real PC-12 fly, but I do dig rudder! LOL Perhaps something has to be tweaked! But for even right now I do enjoy it. Little challenging but in par with my logitech rudders and absolutely flyable (for me) !  Back to PL2 and Hawaii

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Why would I need to know how it flies IRL if the devs themselves are telling us that the flight model is compromised? 

How do you know? Aren't you hard passed it? LOL I'm on SWS discord right now I don't see such thing! More like "it's accurate with limitation of MSFS". I'm pretty sure there is room to tweak for sure. There is CaptGamn( I think they use him as tester) he provides some feed back sim vs real life.

• Like 1

Flew this plane for 5 years and have over 3000 hours on it. There is a lot to like about it, however the behavior on the take off roll and landing need some serious work. The airplane does not try to run off the runway on take off or landing in real life. The aileron rudder interconnect is something that is barely, if even, noticeable when flying, Im not sure if that has been over modelled and its causing the ground problems potentially. That said overall it flies nicely and looks good, hopefully the ground stuff and transition to and from flight gets ironed out.

• Like 17

6 hours ago, chapstick said:

Overall, this is the best feeling aircraft in the sim imho.

There maybe some tweaks required, but you really get a sense of flying something heavy.  My favourite turboprop at the moment is the FSR500 for its overall systems modelling.  The extras, like the fuel and passenger simulation, really help with that feeling of immersion. However, the flight model in that aircraft is very twitchy.   The SWS PC12 also has a really nice trim feeling - the aircraft is much easier to trim than the majority of MSFS aircraft, just as it should be. 

I think 'the point' with any MSFS aircraft is - does it do a great job overall?  The SWS PC-12 fits that category perfectly.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, aamd80 said:

the behavior on the take off roll and landing need some serious work. The airplane does not try to run off the runway on take off or landing in real life.

It’s not an intended behavior, it happens when MSFS transitions from ground physics to air physics (or reverse). They said they’ll try to improve it as much as they can while staying accurate to the real pc12. For now to avoid this wee need to take off as soon as airspeed allow it, landing as slow as we can and apply the correct rudder trim

• Like 1