Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

BeyondATC Voice Tier

6 minutes ago, Bam2000 said:

PTT required the credits, you can only use button control in „offline“ mode… for me not usable like that 

Just got a reply about this PPT with offline will cost very little, no amount yet.

I am told that with supplied credit, PTT will last a long time, years maybe

Edited by bendead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

As always, trying to push a narrative.

It's 'expensive' if you use premium voices. It sounds 'rubbish' if you use the free voices and it's a 'subscription' if you want to use basic AI voices. Any which way people can criticise, rather than wait and see what the final product ends up being.

I'm not convinced yet, but there's plenty of choice in the product and it has promise.

Your reply makes absolutely no sense.

Maybe you should read the pricing FAQ’s that have been posted.

Just to make it clear for everyone: After using up the base transmission units (after about 6 flights) you have to buy new units for 5 dollars, which will then be enough for a bit more than one flight. This is with AI traffic and the premium voices. So tldr: If you want to use AI traffic and premium voices, you pay about 3-4 dollars per flights. Or if you fly every day, you pay about 90 dollars a month, each and every month, just like that for your ATC. This better be like real ATC with that costs!

• Like 3

And again, if you fly with no traffic and basic voices, the math comes out to 10 cents a flight. At the maximum estimated transmission.

Just now, caneman said:

And again, if you fly with no traffic and basic voices, the math comes out to 10 cents a flight. At the maximum estimated transmission.

Why should I use BeyondATC then? I can use P2ATC just fine with basic voices and with AI traffic enabled, and for free, no matter how many flights I do (after purchase, of course).

• Like 5

We’ll see how the product holds up, but preliminary videos show a much better ATC AI and basic voices that are better and less robotic than P2ATC.

My thoughts, I get yours may differ being a fan of P2ATC.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thepilot said:

I am actually more interested in the flight guidance capabilities than the voices. For example, will BATC be able to vector me proficiently? Maybe add a 'goof leg' when there is too much other traffic? Squeeze me in between other aircraft, using speed restrictions? And so forth. If it can do that well, then so much has been achieved. And what kind of voice you're ultimately hearing would become a side discussion.

These things (especially realistic vectors in mountain areas) are extremely difficult to get right in coding. There's a reason P2ATC has been going for about 10 years now and they still regularly fix things with vectors! Overall it will take a long long time for BeyondATC to be "polished" up to an extent that it does not have obvious bugs each and every flight. It's an uphill battle and people will have to manage their expectations for the first couple of years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, caneman said:

Your reply makes absolutely no sense.

You're right. I've amended it.

8 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Why should I use BeyondATC then?

You don't have to. However, the base traffic control engine is aiming to be better than any of the currently available options.

The voices are an extra differentiator between the different products. For some they will be a 'must have', for others a 'nothing burger'. Both groups will be catered for.

Edited by F737MAX

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

15 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

If they provide SAPI which was asked for on discord, it would more than likely influence (at a loss) their premium sales!

They don’t get any money from those premium voice sales. so they wouldn’t lose any money. 

Only people who would potentially lose sales is the third party they’re using to generate them.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

If they provide SAPI which was asked for on discord, it would more than likely influence (at a loss) their premium sales!

That would suggest they would be making a profit on sales of the of the premium voice credit ?

If, as many people in here are claiming, they aren't making any profit from them there wouldn't seem to be an incentive to pushing the credits rather than enabling an offline feature people seem to want.

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

These things (especially realistic vectors in mountain areas) are extremely difficult to get right in coding. There's a reason P2ATC has been going for about 10 years now and they still regularly fix things with vectors! Overall it will take a long long time for BeyondATC to be "polished" up to an extent that it does not have obvious bugs each and every flight. It's an uphill battle and people will have to manage their expectations for the first couple of years.

Interesting, but isn't that the promise of BATC?

Rather than hard coding, machine AI will quickly "learn" SIDS, STARS, vectors, etc. and be able to incorporate as it goes?      

4 minutes ago, caneman said:

Interesting, but isn't that the promise of BATC?

Rather than hard coding, machine AI will quickly "learn" SIDS, STARS, vectors, etc. and be able to incorporate as it goes?      

Why bother with AI learning when the data literally exists in digital format already ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Why should I use BeyondATC then? I can use P2ATC just fine with basic voices and with AI traffic enabled, and for free, no matter how many flights I do (after purchase, of course).

The question is wether you want to live in the stone age of ATC service or be part of the revolutionary future of AI driven ATC that almost is as real as it gets. This AI thing is a whole different level than the old ways of doing things.

Im subscribing to the Sayintentions AI, and having a blast chatting with my tourguide:p. So immersive, can ask him about landmarks and stuff and get incredible deep answers. Even asked him to join me on the local pub after we land, he politely declined lol. Amazing tech:D

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They don’t get any money from those premium voice sales. so they wouldn’t lose any money. 

Only people who would potentially lose sales is the third party they’re using to generate them.

How do you know this to be FACT unless you are involved with the company? If not it's guess work at best on your part. If they aren't getting a single penny from the premium voice sets, then why not include SAPI?

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

6 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

The question is wether you want to live in the stone age of ATC service or be part of the revolutionary future of AI driven ATC that almost is as real as it gets. This AI thing is a whole different level than the old ways of doing things.

For that price I'll live in the stone age! 

• Like 5

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck