Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

BeyondATC Voice Tier

So looking at the math differently.

Basic voice with medium transmission pack and no traffic, comes out to around 10 cents per flight at the most aggressive 15k transmission time estimate. 

If you can couple BATC with a program like ATC Chatter as a background "traffic substitution", seems like a pretty reasonable deal.

So, what am I missing?   

10 minutes ago, Merawen said:

Can beyond atc use the windows sapi voices? (Like Pilot2atc)

Seems not. From their web page

"Offline Voice Model - Generate voices locally using our custom AI engine. Uses ZERO Transmission Time. Never spend another dime on voices if you don't want to. This system does not use windows SAPI."

11 minutes ago, Merawen said:

Can beyond atc use the windows sapi voices? (Like Pilot2atc)

Should use a different way, no windows sapi.

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How many voices do the offline voices have?

Tried to raise the question on discorsd, lets see what they say.

Well, I might be tempted to buy the add-on at $60.

But I don't think I will use extra paying features.

Each to his own, but I'm quite shocked that some people are ready to spend up to $4 per flight for an ATC software.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

$4 per flight, and I fly about 15 flights per week, so that is $60 per week . I think I will stick with the 100+ voices of my PF3, cost, zero. 

compare this atc with PF3 is like compare the msfs with p3d one Sofware uses latest technology and the other is  just atc from 10 years ago  how this new atc control the ai is far away what we seen in any atc before

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, caneman said:

So, what am I missing?

Nothing. Just some people trying to push a narrative.

That's to say, they call it 'expensive' if you use premium voices. It sounds 'rubbish' if you use the free voices and it's a 'subscription' if you want to use basic AI voices. Any which way people can criticise, rather than wait and see what the final product ends up being.

I'm not convinced yet, but there's plenty of choice in the product and it has promise.

Edited by F737MAX
updated for clarity
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

That pricing seems quite ambitious.

Take it up with the providers of the AI Voices. They seem to be out of their mind.

I find it quite ok.

If i am using PTT and offline voice for traffic, the credit supplied with the original purchase will allow me to fly more than 300 flights using the basic voices.

Not a bad deal

But I will probably wait for MSFS2024 annoncement, to see if they will provide a similar ATC experience

My issue is on the SID and STAR/APPROACHES, only a couple of big airport ATC will be able to give them to you as the team need to implement them manually. For the rest we will get, "use published approach" or vectors

Edited by bendead
  • Like 1

So, I guess Asobo is giving up with trying to provide us with better ATC in FS2020, like they gave up on giving us seasons. Oh well, maybe in MSFS 2026 or 2028.  Just say'n!

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Take it up with the providers of the AI Voices. They seem to be out of their mind.

Which is why supporting the use of quality SAPI voices would have been an obvious step.

9 minutes ago, LouP said:

So, I guess Asobo is giving up with trying to provide us with better ATC in FS2020, like they gave up on giving us seasons. Oh well, maybe in MSFS 2026 or 2028.  Just say'n!

Or 2024

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bendead said:

I find it quite ok.

If i am using PTT and offline voice for traffic, the credit supplied with the original purchase will allow me to fly more than 300 flights using the basic voices.

Not a bad deal

But I will probably wait for MSFS2024 annoncement, to see if they will provide a similar ATC experience

My issue is on the SID and STAR/APPROACHES, only a couple of big airport ATC will be able to give them to you as the team need to implement them manually. For the rest we will get, "use published approach" or vectors

PTT required the credits, you can only use button control in „offline“ mode… for me not usable like that 

• Like 1

Only way this works for those of us that fly tube liners is to use FSATC for traffic Chatter and BATC just for your transmissions. If not it's going to get very expensive. I'll be sitting this one out, at least for a bit.

• Like 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

8 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Which is why supporting the use of quality SAPI voices would have been an obvious step.

If they provide SAPI which was asked for on discord, it would more than likely influence (at a loss) their premium sales!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck