Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Fenix icing hotfix available

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736710909887643679/1183780384190771210

Haven't seen anything about it here, sorry if that was already known. It's only available via Discord (link above).
It prevents your pitot tubes from freezing in the A320, which happened a lot since SU14 dropped.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

ok downloaded  and  installed  see  how  it  goes 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

THANK YOU!  Precious info for someone who doesn't want to use Discord !!!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736710909887643679/1183780384190771210

Haven't seen anything about it here, sorry if that was already known. It's only available via Discord (link above).
It prevents your pitot tubes from freezing in the A320, which happened a lot since SU14 dropped.

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. Too bad that they only use Discord to provide us with these kind of fixes and information. I use to stay far away from Discord, I am too old to cope with that chaotic get-together 🙂 

• Like 4

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

assume this fix is not needed if icing is turned off in the sim?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I don't believe hotfixes (which should be available freely to all purchasers) should be hidden behind a Discord wall.   It's very well known how divisive Discord is and that there are as many who just cannot bear to work with it, as there are who love it.

I had an account about 5 years ago and absolutely hated every second of using it.  So I don't wish to have to set up a new account, just to get a hotfix for a product I've paid for.

Poor form by Fenix.  Why can't they just make it available on their website, or via the FenixSim app (or even just in a post, here)?

I know many will disagree along the lines of "what's the fuss, just join Discord, etc, etc".  But if Fenix had stated "support and updates will be via Discord and an account will be required", I would not have purchased their product.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Wish it was Block 2 they had released... could really work with an IAE powered A320 for the holidays. Agree on the Discord issue, though. (Who would name a site like that?) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JYW said:

I don't believe hotfixes (which should be available freely to all purchasers) should be hidden behind a Discord wall.   It's very well known how divisive Discord is and that there are as many who just cannot bear to work with it, as there are who love it.

I had an account about 5 years ago and absolutely hated every second of using it.  So I don't wish to have to set up a new account, just to get a hotfix for a product I've paid for.

Poor form by Fenix.  Why can't they just make it available on their website, or via the FenixSim app (or even just in a post, here)?

I know many will disagree along the lines of "what's the fuss, just join Discord, etc, etc".  But if Fenix had stated "support and updates will be via Discord and an account will be required", I would not have purchased their product.

I think it's no "official" update because Block 2 is likely around the corner and they don't want to spend any more time on supporting the current version. I agree though they should post that file on their website at least.

• Like 3

I'm unable to access the hotfix. I've had a major issue with Discord in that it always wants to send an email to verify my account, but I never receive the email. I contacted Discord support regarding this, and the bottom line is they said it's issue with my email provider (which it is not) and there is nothing they can to about it.

If this is how Fenix is going to support their clients, then I'll seriously be re-thinking about having anything to do with them in the future. Plenty of other aircraft out there to fly.

• Like 2

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

How came there is no patch via fenix app?

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Here is the text of the patch from Amir on Discord.  Note the part about it potentially affecting electrical and failures.  This may be why it’s not something they want to patch via their app, as it seems to be a use at your own risk fix for now.

“Hey, just dropping in here for a moment as I know some people are frustrated with not being able to use icing with the aircraft. This systems.cfg should fix it as a quick patch, but bear in mind we cannot warrant the electrical behaviour of the airplane alongside failures/pitot failures/etc or any abnormals. So, please back up your original and if it is problematic, roll back.“

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

31 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

How came there is no patch via fenix app?

I am assuming since their app only knows to download full installer file (some 1.5 gb), and cannot update necessary files like PMDG, it would be some effort for a small file. I do agree they need to put it for regular download on the website, for us who are not in their Discord server. 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

People moaning about Discord and not going to support because of the way they do things. You would not be missed. Plenty of people support them so I doubt they really care.. Can always go over to PMDG forum and FSLabs forum to get scolded for not having names in signatures and when you find a bug and report it to be met with a response that is anything but normal.