Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

SayIntentions.AI

4 hours ago, guibru said:

The price range of $15 to $25 per month

That's such a pity.  I love the idea of realistic VFR ATC in the US, but I'm not having money taken from my bank every month for a niche addon to a niche hobby.   I'd be warmer about paying a sub for MS2024 (if it provided true residual benefits), than for an ATC addon.  IMO this should be a one off cost, with free voices, for all potential customers that want to take that route, over a "pay every month forever" model, for those who deem "HQ" voices that important.

I'm really disappointed to be honest.  This was the most exciting FS development on my radar.   But I'm not aiding someone else's easy residual income, by draining my hard earned funds.

#SubsSuck

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

4 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

That's too bad....I'm just not into paying a subscription for an addon alone, that includes Navigraph subs as well.

Yeah, this is a sub too many. And frankly, getting AI to do everything as a base is not a big inducement for me to feel I’m getting great value for money.

Also, I’m pretty sure default will be gradually polished through AI, so, all in all, think it’s gonna be a tough sell.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Also, $15 to $25?? That’s up to $300 a year! I paid $60 for Pilot2ATC and it has worked “fine” for four years. I can’t imagine that I had paid $1,200 for it! 

I wish them well but sure wouldn’t buy stock in that business plan. 

• Like 6

Eddie
KABQ

I dont seem to find info about this, will Sayintentions ATC also control AI traffic from AIG or FSLTL? I see no point in ATC addons that control only your aircraft.

Edited by mikced76
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Booms said:

$15-$25 a month??? Not a chance.

Especially if it's VFR only at this point. Let's see: taxi instructions, departure clearance, flight following if requested, so a few point-outs, and then possible sequencing at the arrival airport, landing clearance, and taxi instructions. That's not much, and even then the FAQ clearly states,

To be extremely clear, this is NOT "study-level" ATC. 

So, OK, but I would urge that folks do NOT use this for study/training purposes either.

I have had RW ATC folks say that VATSIM was awfully close to the real thing, and that involves VFR, IFR, and even Oceanic services. PilotEdge is excellent, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it for familiarization purposes (cheap at the price). But SayIntentions sounds like something that would be fun to play with, but not at the price.

Best wishes all around for a happy, successful, and productive 2024.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

I think it would be better with a fixed price. Or a subscribe one month, if you like it you get a big discount on an outright purchase. Or you could continue subscribing during periods you want to use it.
The issue is probably that this service uses a lot of resources and therefore needs a steady income to pay for servers and so on. So fixed price might not even be an option.

Interesting concept though. I think AI technology will improve our hobby quite a lot in the coming years.

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

First of all, “Wishing all a Happy and Prosperous New Year.”

What happened with the Sayintentions.ai video being removed from this thread? Did they scrap it because the overall response here goes against their subscription proposal? Also, for my two cents worth, seems like someone just wants to be first to provide a better, enhanced, ATC program. Perhaps to cash in on something new, before someone else does. I realize someone has to be first, but you never heard of this product until Beyond ATC was announced and showing progress towards release. Yet I WILL NOT entertain a subscription for Beyond ATC either,  at least they seem to be willing to provide an alternative. There are others that have been available for quite some time now, pay once and it’s yours. Everyone has their choice of course. For now, I’ll settle for MSFS ATC, and I don’t plan to purchase anything that involves a subscription plan, not even MSFS.  I started in this hobby having an interest in aviation, got my PPL, and continued in this hobby because frankly it was getting too expensive to continue to fly. Like many in this hobby, I’m a part of the retired and living on a fixed income group. Not ashamed of that either, I worked hard to reach this point.

Take care ALL!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikced76 said:

I dont seem to find info about this, will Sayintentions ATC also control AI traffic from AIG or FSLTL? I see no point in ATC addons that control only your aircraft.

it will not

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

it will not

useless then in my opinion. AIG is a must! The whole point of ATC is to provide safe separation between air traffic. If there is none whats the need for it. 

Edited by mikced76
  • Upvote 1

Well, I will be trying it even at those prices.

Even if it's just for one month, I want to see just how far our hobby has come.  Besides, my wife has zero hesitation spending that on a regular basis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikced76 said:

The whole point of ATC is to provide safe separation between air traffic.

I believe this primarily applies to IFR flight plan traffic only, with some exceptions. That's what seems to make this product somewhat odd. Most of the time when we're flying VFR, out interactions with ATC are minimal unless we're taxiing or in the traffic pattern, at least in FAA-land. If all that I'm going to hear is the AI controller talking with me as a VFR pilot, that hardly seems to justify a significant monthly charge. 

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

It seems that SayIntensions.AI now supports also the IFR procedures - please see Q8Pilot Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T65gSECBWxk

Also per FAQ page: https://sayintentions.ai/faq/

What kinds of ATC services are supported?

VFR is fully supported inside the United States. IFR is currently about 40% done, but it's "done enough" that you can use it for most phases of flight (arrival/descent are still in progress). Support for countries outside the United States is about 75% completed right now, with some work needing to be done on region-specific procedures.

On 12/31/2023 at 8:23 AM, Republic3D said:

I think it would be better with a fixed price. Or a subscribe one month, if you like it you get a big discount on an outright purchase. Or you could continue subscribing during periods you want to use it.
The issue is probably that this service uses a lot of resources and therefore needs a steady income to pay for servers and so on. So fixed price might not even be an option.

Interesting concept though. I think AI technology will improve our hobby quite a lot in the coming years.

It sure seems like SayIntentions and BeyondATC are both using a similar, if not the same, AI-generated voice model and speech recognition solution.

The problem is, none of these models have a pricing plan that is conducive to what they're trying to do. ElevenLabs, for example, has licensing packages for game developers, independent journalists who want to engage their audience with narration, and even an enterprise tier with an SLA, but they're all based on character use, so a service reliant on AI is going to run into this... massive pricing wall. 

The monthly recurring cost isn't going to be eliminated from either of these platforms unless the pricing model of AI synthesis engines changes, or either developer can carve out some sort of special contract, but I don't know why any firm selling this technology would do that. The pricing models are standard usage-based software licensing - this is how Adobe, Microsoft, etc. have become some of the most profitable companies in the world. 

• Upvote 1