Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

12 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

That's pretty weird! Overwriting or delete+copy doesn't make any difference 😉

may you right , not sure , just happened to me 🙂

and what about using in combination with TLOD mod? conflict ?

30 minutes ago, iliasr said:

and what about using in combination with TLOD mod? conflict ?

None nada zero. All fine here

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Today I mentioned to a mate that I'll never quit VR until my eyes can't take it any more, as I've always vowed since 2016 that VR is the only way to Fly or Drive in Simulators. But, there's always a but, the room my PC/VR rig is in gets baking hot in the summer months, the VR barely gets touched, so with that in mind and an ever curios benchmarking mind I just had to take a look at this mod.

I did my usual Benchmark flight, 2mins long with standard Sim AI Pilot, ULTRA settings as default;

RTX_mod_crikey.jpg?ex=65aada30&is=659865

Twice the performance 😮😮😮

I think it's safe to say, when it's too hot for VR (which will always be King for Sims), then I may just fly in Pancake mode, nice!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Posted (edited)

Will nVidia bring these to us natively?

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

13 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Will nVidia bring these to us natively?

I don't guess, but I'm tempted to go AMD the next time I buy a GPU...

Meanwhile MFS has turned into a Miracle Flightsim - It is so so so fluid, and beautiful, that I can easily forget about it's few drawbacks...

• Like 7

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Never been so sim-happy... MSFS 2020 &  (FSHUD & FSLTL # BATC)

For me the only „downside“ are when I open gsx for example while head tracking still on, then it get’s distorted. But it’s only one press of a button to deactivate headtracking. In combination with the dynamic lod it’s amazing. Didn’t know how much fun it is to fly in the night at cruise altitude with tlod 400

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 12/19/2023 at 4:12 PM, Maxis said:

Did you try the November or December tech preview drivers ?

You may also want to continue to tinker with the settings. For example I turn the radeon anti lag off. That part doesn't seem to do anything for my card. most importantly the VRR is hooked up. You can even turn on Vsync in the sim if you want to try that.

Gotta make sure the supporting settings work for your rig.

For me, locking the base frames at 40 + AFMF = 80 and turning on VRR (freesync/gsync) results in an experience that makes me not care when MS gets around to in game FSR. That's how smooth it is. But i can be one of those edge cases.

Sorry its not working for you.

you have vsync in game off? trying to get rid of the tearing.....

got it;

no need to mod with a AMD card.

vsync off in MSFS

DX11 use in MSFS ( no missing tiles 😊 )

AMFM on 

Monitor 166HZ

Render scale 150 

result, no tearing , gpu is over CPU usage is no stutter and "steady" fps, 

result on EHAM Flytampa ultra settings and renderscale 150 in Fenix stand C12 114 fps....Awesome

Edited by pilotter
update
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Posted (edited)

I wonder why Nvidia won't implement this on earlier cards.  Is it that they want us all to switch to 4000 series and pay them loads of money when their own software could be made to work?

I would say that Nvidia should be ashamed of themselves if a modder has to use modified AMD software to fix an issue that Nvidia should have done.  If they don't sort it out, more than a few of us may be buying our next GPUs from AMD.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 6

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

41 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I wonder why Nvidia won't implement this on earlier cards.  Is it that they want us all to switch to 4000 series and pay them loads of money when their own software could be made to work?

I would say that Nvidia should be ashamed of themselves if a modder has to use modified AMD software to fix an issue that Nvidia should have done.  If they don't sort it out, more than a few of us may be buying our next GPUs from AMD.

Because they won't sell any new units, they want these features in latest cards only to cause hype and purchases from consumers. So from a Business side it makes perfect sense, they're probably fuming (hun) that this was made possible by a modder and they're no doubt looking at ways to break it in a future driver update.

I'd be amazed if they released an official patch personally.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, pilotter said:

you have vsync in game off? trying to get rid of the tearing.....

got it;

no need to mod with a AMD card.

vsync off in MSFS

DX11 use in MSFS ( no missing tiles 😊 )

AMFM on 

Monitor 166HZ

Render scale 150 

result, no tearing , gpu is over CPU usage is no stutter and "steady" fps, 

result on EHAM Flytampa ultra settings and renderscale 150 in Fenix stand C12 114 fps....Awesome

Yes In game Vsync is off. I had it on in the very first tech preview then i figured out the VRR holy grail and never looked back. 🙂

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

After a couple of weeks using this mod, there is only one thing that "bothers" me a little.  That is the ATC panel that has all the ATC response lines, etc.  I am using Track IR and any head movement causes the aforementioned panel to blur until I completely stop any head movement.  Any one else noticed this and if so is there any solution to it?  Someone else may have mentioned it earlier in this discussion, but I haven't seen it.

John Wingold

11 minutes ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

After a couple of weeks using this mod, there is only one thing that "bothers" me a little.  That is the ATC panel that has all the ATC response lines, etc.  I am using Track IR and any head movement causes the aforementioned panel to blur until I completely stop any head movement.  Any one else noticed this and if so is there any solution to it?  Someone else may have mentioned it earlier in this discussion, but I haven't seen it.

This applies to all the menus but most of us seem to accept that as the increased smoothness whilst flying is worth the downside.

It's also bad in the GUI when setting up a flight but again a small price to pay for the advantages it gives.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

Yes In game Vsync is off. I had it on in the very first tech preview then i figured out the VRR holy grail and never looked back. 🙂

you have to enlighten me with "VRR holy grail". you mean the setting in windows graphics?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

1 hour ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

You can pause head tracking in trackir. Just map that function to a button on your mouse. I have a small side button on my mouse, and i map it to that. It is a toggle. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro