Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

12 minutes ago, flieger28 said:

Yesterday I wanted to fly from lfbo to eddp with the inibuilds a300. After a short time I started to have some kind of flickering. When moving the head the picture moved like it is trembling. Turned of FG and changed to TAA and it was gone. Didn’t had that happen before. Only new thing was the LFBO airport. 

This is what I mentioned.

Hitting Alt-Enter to go into a window and then going back to full screen right away fixes it for me.

• Like 6

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 hours ago, spock5401986 said:

I'm interested in this setting too. I tried searching for mouse focus settings but couldn't find anything.

Open the Windows control panel and select Ease of Access.

Select "Make the mouse easier to use".

Place a check mark in the box labelled "Activate a windows by hovering over it with the mouse"

Click Apply. Click OK.

• Like 1

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

9 minutes ago, Noell said:

Open the Windows control panel and select Ease of Access.

Select "Make the mouse easier to use".

Place a check mark in the box labelled "Activate a windows by hovering over it with the mouse"

Click Apply. Click OK.

Ok thanks. Going to try right away, and see if it works. Right now flying the TBM so maybe need to try on something a bit more heavier on the frames 🙂

On 12/19/2023 at 1:35 PM, Stroman81 said:

I'm not able to copy the files over to the MS Store folder... Any suggestions?

I too can't copy the files into the protected installation directory. 

Hello everyone! I have a little issue, some days ago my gauges seems to be "moved" a bit, as I show in the video, when I put the cursor over de chronometer needs to be beside to work instead of do it over the button, this happens in every Aircraft (Fenix, PMDG, ini A300, FBW, A321 LVFR) since installed the mode and continues even if I uninstall it. Anyone knows how could I fix it?

Thank you!

Edited by Capi Daniel

1 hour ago, BugDoc said:

I too can't copy the files into the protected installation directory. 

Problem solved using trick mentioned in another post.  I converted the sim installation to modern instead of legacy before trying to move as per:   https://parallel42.com/blogs/wiki/converting-my-sim-install-from-legacy-to-modern

I have a Dell laptop with a RTX 3060 Nvida graphics card.  With the mod on, under identical settings, my frame rate has doubled!  Amazing 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Capi Daniel said:

Hello everyone! I have a little issue, some days ago my gauges seems to be "moved" a bit, as I show in the video, when I put the cursor over de chronometer needs to be beside to work instead of do it over the button, this happens in every Aircraft (Fenix, PMDG, ini A300, FBW, A321 LVFR) since installed the mode and continues even if I uninstall it. Anyone knows how could I fix it?

Thank you!

Check that you haven't turned on "Lens Correction" in the general options menu of MSFS. This can cause the problem you are having if turned on. 

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Dumb question time...  I'm using Win 10 and a 4090.  I noticed there are options in the sim for DX11 and DX12.  When people are referring to "running in DX12" in this thread is that simply a bit switch to DX12 in FS2020 or do I need to totally install a new version of DX on my PC.  My understanding is that Win 10 uses DX11 natively, and I'd need to install DX12 to use DX12 features.  Or...  Do I just select DX12 in FS2020 and the Frame Generation choice will no longer be greyed out?

15 minutes ago, Cavemanhead said:

Do I just select DX12 in FS2020 and the Frame Generation choice will no longer be greyed out?

Just try it!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

So dumb question ... if you use the Xbox move option, does that then mean you have to change all your add-on's (e.g., addon linker, GSX, PMDG) or are those ok as they point to the community file?

And thanks BugDoc for the post, first time I've seen this explained for the MSFS Store folks. 

Between this FG hack and the Adaptive LOD mod, it's just insane how smooth MSFS is for me now. I was shopping for a 4000 series to replace my antiquated 2060 Super, but no more. Really crazy, never expected I could get such performance.

• Like 2

I've kicked the FG mod to the curb. For a start at 50hz or 60hz it does what it says on the tin. You get 50fps or 60fps respectively, however the ghosting of the MSFS overlays cannot be fixed without a bit of work on the part of Nukem. Also the panning stutters are not acceptable for me. Maybe it depends on what you are used too. I have another method of getting 60fps on screen and its perfectly smooth in panning. Virtually no stutters at all. With the FG mod panning is a stutter fest at 50 or 60hz. Also I does cause MSFS to crash quite a bit so the instability it introduces is another deal breaker. It does, for some strange reason, seem to improve the image quality in MSFS at 24hz and 29hz but some of the aforementioned problems can still persist to a leaser degree. I've also gone back to DX11 despite the apparent performance improvements of DX12. They are very marginal and not worth the ground texture bleed through that I seem to be becoming more and more painfully aware of. It's an amazing Mod and hopefully Nukem will improve on it or we will get official support for FG on older cards either via Nvidia or AMD but for now I'm shelving it. My Alternative for 60fps is for now far better and smoother. In the contest between the FG Mod and the DynamicLOD Mod the later is the clear winner and the indispensable keeper of the two.😁

Edited by FBW737
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barnes said:

Check that you haven't turned on "Lens Correction" in the general options menu of MSFS. This can cause the problem you are having if turned on. 

Thank you very much! That fix it!

Happy new year everyone!

Posted (edited)

I did the xbox move thing,, but I think it only copied the files and left the old folder. Not sure why that happened.

Edited by mikegrr

3 hours ago, Turpentine said:

Between this FG hack and the Adaptive LOD mod, it's just insane how smooth MSFS is for me now. I was shopping for a 4000 series to replace my antiquated 2060 Super, but no more. Really crazy, never expected I could get such performance.

So you are using them both, at the same time?

No conflict?