Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

MSFS tops Navigraph 2023 survey results

5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I will say this though - if the MSFS team executes very well with MSFS 2024 and MSFS 2024 has a very, very, good release, that will spell trouble for the competitors left in the market. 

Repeating what has been said for every version of MSFS and its competitors since FS2000. Even Flight gear and Aerofly are still around. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoranM said:

Repeating what has been said for every version of MSFS and its competitors since FS2000. Even Flight gear and Aerofly are still around. 

You sound like an executive from Raspberry or Nokia ca 2007-2008.

• Like 6

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

3 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

You sound like an executive from Raspberry or Nokia ca 2007-2008.

Ok. Great. 
🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

And your assessment that MS/Asobo only has "money" and nothing more is not? What about the hundreds of talented programmer and artists behind this gigantic ecosystem?  

It's so difficult for some here to give one iota of credit to MSFS and the ideas and work that is required?

I'm only referring to the scenery, and more correctly, the credit quite rightly should go to Blackshark and also Jorg (for having the idea in the first place to merge Bing, photogrammetry etc into a new sim). But, yes, having access to vast amounts of Bing data at your fingertips and resources really is what makes this possible and plays a huge role. 

Anyway, since you seem to want to argue and come up with strange points regarding Blackberry vs Apple, I'll leave it there, as clearly this will go nowhere.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Ok. Great. 
🤷‍♂️

SDW9oOy.jpg

33 players probably agree with you. There's that, I suppose.

• Like 4

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

10 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I agree. No matter how perfect MSFS 2024 might become, there will always be room for other flight sims. By the time MSFS 2024 will be released competition will also have improved. I wish they all become as good as possible.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 minute ago, tonywob said:

I think it's amazing that it has this scenery out of the box

Yes it is, that is the innovation indeed, and that is why MSFS has attracted zillions of users, because it's hard to beat the sense of immersion that comes from worldwide ortho scenery, especially for roughly double the cost of one TrueEarth region/state.  Planting every single tree is what you do when you can't do otherwise, and when you only need to cover a tiny fraction of the earth's surface. 

For your $59, here is a look at a few tiny places among a million, yet full of detail beyond belief:

Fussen, Bavaria:spacer.png

Kansas City, MO:spacer.png

San Jose, Costa Rica:spacer.png

Medellin, Colombia:spacer.png

US Capital, WDC:spacer.png

• Like 8

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Just now, Noel said:

because it's hard to beat the sense of immersion that comes from worldwide ortho scenery

Definitely! I do hope though Asobo is working on colouring of the tiles for MSFS 2024. The hue and blueish tint in many parts of the world is not quite realistic and improving this will raise the sense of immersion even more.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

Just now, Rimshot said:

Definitely! I do hope though Asobo is working on colouring of the tiles for MSFS 2024. The hue and blueish tint in many parts of the world is not quite realistic and improving this will raise the sense of immersion even more.

You probably already know, but there is a tool out there that replaces it with Google imagery that I use, it does improve and remove the oversaturation in many parts as Google's imagery just seems to have more realistic/natural colours.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, turbomax said:

better not. this would bring the internet down on its knees on release day.

Yes. Remember how Microsoft tried to mitigate release-day server demand by opening availability based on time zones -- and then everyone reset his computer to be a resident of Kiribati (the first time zone with accessibility)? 🙂

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 4

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

6 minutes ago, tonywob said:

You probably already know

Yes I do. I never tried it though, as I understand it also has immersion breaking aspects.

Cheers, Bert

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Ok. Great. 
🤷‍♂️

Well if you would just announce that you are, in fact, developing a plane for MS2020 then every one would love you. 😀 Come on, go where the money is. You know it makes sense. Meyer is done. He is never going to take the lead again, Go with the flow. EDIT Happy new year to you.

Edited by jarmstro

7 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Yes I do. I never tried it though, as I understand it also has immersion breaking aspects.

One of the features of MSFS I really appreciate is how complete it is out of the box, with little need for any modification.  This I contrast w/ my years in P3D, buying and installing multiple US regions from Orbx etc.  When the new sim emerged many were clamoring on what airports to buy as addons.  I was struck with just how good most default airports are***, even in places remote to my experience.  I've only purchased a handful of airports now over the past 3y, in places where I essentially am familiar and know the airports:  KSBA, KDEN and a handful of others.  I saw this initial frenzy to buy addons as legacy behaviors from past times.  With FSX then P3D I made a point of cloning the main sim drive regularly, just in case, because a reinstall was the better part of a day or more w/ frequent attention to what to do next to complete the process.  I did that initially here,. clone, but soon realized a complete reinstall of MSFS is essentially a plug and play operation w/ no need to do anything but find something else to do while it installs and configures itself.

***I recall being awestruck with just how good this airport in Rio DJ Brazil was, as are so many others:spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

35 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

SDW9oOy.jpg

AorRpAa.jpeg

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

57 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

SDW9oOy.jpg

Can't wait to see the developers leaving MSFS for this....😏

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310