Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

FSLTL has become a bit of a mess

I only use FSLTL for traffic, but recently I've had the following issues:
- traffic lining up on the runway, cleared for takeoff, then taxi off the runway (on taxiways), taxi through all the other aircraft waiting for departure (including mine), taxi back on to the runway and takeoff (this happened at EGLL and OMDB).
- traffic going literally mad at high capacity airports. For example at EGLL, looking up and aircraft are literally flying all over the place, buzzing terminals, flying really low over the ground etc
- traffic coming in to land and then instead of touching down, hovering above the runway at about 100ft at what I would consider to be taxi speed
- aircraft landing in all random directions, despite the winds being very clear what runway should be in use
- traffic taxiing at really high speeds off runways, going through buildings etc.
- traffic not being able to land at EGLL iniBuilds on a return leg

It's like it's all become very Wacky Races. It completely destroys any immersion.

Can anyone help?

• Like 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

7 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

- traffic lining up on the runway, cleared for takeoff, then taxi off the runway (on taxiways), taxi through all the other aircraft waiting for departure (including mine), taxi back on to the runway and takeoff (this happened at EGLL and OMDB).
- traffic going literally mad at high capacity airports. For example at EGLL, looking up and aircraft are literally flying all over the place, buzzing terminals, flying really low over the ground etc
- traffic coming in to land and then instead of touching down, hovering above the runway at about 100ft at what I would consider to be taxi speed
- aircraft landing in all random directions, despite the winds being very clear what runway should be in use
- traffic taxiing at really high speeds off runways, going through buildings etc.

It's like it's all become very Wacky Races. It completely destroys any immersion.

Can anyone help?

I can't help. But I can confirm I'm seeing this as well at EGLL and OMDB. EGLL is from Inibuilds and OMDB the premium deluxe msfs airport. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Have not been able to get a good full flight in since SU14 lately, I'll def check on FSLTL behavior tonight.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I get exactly the same behaviour at EGLL as the OP. Other airports (such as FT’s KBOS are much better). 

I bought FS Traffic a couple of days ago, I must say it seems to work very well so far, nice on performance as well.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Can anyone help?

I would imagine aiground and aiflow should help mitigate these issues ?

Edited by mobeans10

2 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Can anyone help?

Yep, get PSXT and see real world traffic doing exactly what they are doing in the real world.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Personally, I only use their liveries and stick to MSFS traffic. Lighter on the CPU and the ATC.

How do you do that?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Of course there are oddities here and there but overall I don't have much issues described above. Could it be issues with particular airport? 

P.S.  I'm using stable version 1.6.3 at the moment

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

20 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Same experience for me as OP. I was trying out the new FSLTL update at EGLL and it was a joke

Musty be something with that airport, I fly all over the US and haven't seen anything like that. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Musty be something with that airport, I fly all over the US and haven't seen anything like that. 

Sorry, I should elaborate rather than just say joke. Too many go arounds for no reason, planes buzzing the tower, disappearing aircraft both before and after take off. 

3 hours ago, thepilot said:

BeyondATC to the rescue...

Maybe, it would have to actually be released in the first instance.