Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

iniBuilds A300-600 has been released! (reopened)

Might be a boring post but amidst all the complaints I have to say this:

Earlier This week did a flight with version 1.0.8 Miami to Ibiza in the ACJ livery 8 hours no problems at all no bugs.

Updated to 1.0.9 and did a flight from Lisbon to Madeira, no problems at all either 

love this aircraft since xp11 and now I’m loving it even more in MSFS!

• Like 3

I did my first flight in 1.09 yesterday and it was the first time for weeks (if not months) that I had no issue at all. I hope 1.09 now finally settled that post-release update cycle from hell and I can (re-)start enjoying the A300 for the great addon it is.

• Like 3

They probably fixed that FootS issue with this update - hopefully finally, the chances are very good this time. My first flight was great, but to say whether this bug has finally been eliminated you have to do several flights in a row. But now I'm pretty confident...

FINGERS CROSSED !!!

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Last night I flew KMSP - KLAX in the Freighter version (v1.09).

Only issue I encountered was with Navigraph charts on the EFB. The SID chart was "stuck" on the EFB. I could not access any of the other charts related to my flight. 

Perhaps that was due to I had pinned that chart along with a couple others?

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, FormulaJet said:

Might be a boring post but amidst all the complaints I have to say this:

Earlier This week did a flight with version 1.0.8 Miami to Ibiza in the ACJ livery 8 hours no problems at all no bugs.

Updated to 1.0.9 and did a flight from Lisbon to Madeira, no problems at all either 

love this aircraft since xp11 and now I’m loving it even more in MSFS!

Not a boring post at all.    I love this old jet!

My aircraft choices in MSFS have become very narrow, as there are currently a small group of really top notch aircraft that I am drawn to again and again.

At the moment, it's the A2A Comanche and the COWS DA-42 for GA, the Fenix B2 A320 for modern airliner flying, and the Ini A300 for older generation airliner flying.  In the past I'm someone that would rotate around a lot of different aircraft.   But it's hard to go back to lesser addons, once you've experienced these absolutely state of the art aircraft.

I can hear my PMDG 737 crying in the hangar 😄  (Still a great addon though and I will be back to it soon).

Edited by JYW
  • Like 7

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JYW said:

I love this old jet!

My aircraft choices in MSFS have become very narrow, as there are currently a small group of really top notch aircraft that I am drawn to again and again.

Same! It’s such a fun and quirky old aircraft. Love the gauges (the reason why I still fly the BS King Air so much). Love the challenge of handling a big airliner without some of the fancy automated stuff and flybywire that the newer Airbuses have.

My 737 has been gathering dust in the hanger for too long. Not because I don’t like it. I guess I’m more familiar with doing things the Airbus way now, and switching between too many planes gets a bit confusing.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I gotta say what I love most on the A300 is the engine sounds. That low-pitch strong rumble during engine start is music to my ears.

• Like 6

I'm on another flight and am still having issues with Navigraph on the EFB.

In an earlier post in this thread, I mentioned how during my previous flight, the SID from the departure airport was "stuck" and I could not select any other charts to view. Now, I cannot select any charts whatsoever in the EFB. In the upper left portion of the EFB my departure and arrival airports are showing, along with the selections (dep, arr, etc...), but clicking on them does nothing at all. The main chart display area of the EFB stays blank. I don't know if this is an Inibuilds or Navigraph problem.

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

7 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

I'm on another flight and am still having issues with Navigraph on the EFB.

In an earlier post in this thread, I mentioned how during my previous flight, the SID from the departure airport was "stuck" and I could not select any other charts to view. Now, I cannot select any charts whatsoever in the EFB. In the upper left portion of the EFB my departure and arrival airports are showing, along with the selections (dep, arr, etc...), but clicking on them does nothing at all. The main chart display area of the EFB stays blank. I don't know if this is an Inibuilds or Navigraph problem.

I didn't have that problem when I flew it yesterday, but I'm going to fly again tonight and will be sure to put the EFB thru its paces.

I pinned a couple of charts, and while there were a few times where it was slow to react, it eventually did react.

I do run DX12, not sure if that matters, along with a Navi Ultra sub.  I did have to re-enable my credentials with Navigraph in order for it to work.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your reply!

After this flight, I'll try signing out/re-enabling my Navigraph login credentials in the EFB and see if that makes a difference.

Update:

I reset Navigraph in the EFB and now I have access to charts again 🙂

Edited by ndflieger
New info
  • Like 1

Scott Cebula

23 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I gotta say what I love most on the A300 is the engine sounds. That low-pitch strong rumble during engine start is music to my ears.

I mostly agree with this.  Though there is a muddiness to the sounds after the engines are started that I don't love.  Almost like an overdriven preamp.  I still think they could do some tweaking.  A310 does the same thing. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 2/26/2024 at 10:07 PM, Cpt_Piett said:

I think so, yes. The A300 certainly has that very heavy, sluggish feel to it, that the A310 somewhat lacks. And this goes for all aspects of handling, both on the ground and in the air. I don’t think it can be explained by the difference in weight - the A300 has an MTOW of 171 tonnes vs the A310’s 153.

IMO iniBuilds have done a fantastic job with this aircraft. It’s on a different level than the A310, although I guess that’s to be expected since the A310 is free. Too bad it seems ridden with so many bugs though.

This has almost got me sold. The price aound 35 GBP really doesn't seem exorbitant.

I've been using the BBJ1 mostly, since I like long hauls, and have used the A310 quite a few times.

This A300 looks like it can do LHR-JFK no problem at all. YVR-NRT, even westbound looks like it should be possible in most cases. That's a pretty decent range. You could probably go between any two points on the globe such as London to Auckland, or Shanghai to Sao Paulo with no more than two stops. Sounds like a really good addon plane to me.

I couldn't figure out if Pan-Am ever used the -600 series.

Hope I can link this video I happened upon. Doesn't feel that much different from boarding and watching a safety video today, but does somehow also feel old fashioned in a nice way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Antipodeslonghaul said:

This A300 looks like it can do LHR-JFK no problem at all.

Keep in mind the A300 is not a long-haul aircraft. It's widebody, but not long haul (unlike the A310). LHR-JFK should be possible with low weights, but not sure.
Also: Yes, PanAm had the A300-600. The official model name is different (300B4-203), but it's the -600. Here's the fleet list for PanAm: https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Pan Am-history-a300.htm

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Antipodeslonghaul said:

You could probably go between any two points on the globe such as London to Auckland

It certainly is a great addon! One day I’ll do one of those really long-distance flights. One day 😉 

Except:

z1WMi8W.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

LHR-JFK should be possible with low weights, but not sure.

HVJ1FLg.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”