Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

Anyone with a 3080 card upgraded from quest 2 to 3-feedback?

Would love to her from  any one with a Rtx 3080 card who has upgraded from  a quest 2 to a quest 3 as to what they think as I heard it needs a 40 card for best results

is it a “wow” upgrade.?

still on the fence , takes me a long time to decide to replace a working piece of kit.

Any feedback from users appreciated

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I have that card, but I use the HP G2. I would be interested in the answer to your question, however. I have seen and read a lot about the Quest 3 also, another VR headset called Bigscreen Beyond.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I don't have access to a Q2 at the moment, but of my pc's has a 3080 and I can't say I noticed any performance difference between what I had when using the Q2 and now the Q3, even though there's a resolution increase with the latter.  The oculus PC software v57 - v59 improved link performance for me, possibly making up for the loss I would have seen if I had the chance to test the two headsets back to back

Either way, you'll love the visual improvement (amongst other things) with the Q3 if you are considering one. 👍

A 3080 can run a Pico 4 very well with sensible settings and that's a slight higher res than the Quest 3 so I would imagine you should be good to run with it. The Quest 3 is a big step up over the Quest 2 so definitely worth making. What settings do you run today with the Quest 3?

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

3060 here running quest 3....no probs at all...all good if that helps.........obviously a 3080 is a better card👍

Regards

Paul EGCC

At about 10:00 he says he would happy to live with a Quest 3. And he has tried almost all the higher priced headsets and owns a few of them.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

To try VR at a reasonable price the Quest 3 seems to me the best choice these days. Microsoft Windows Reality support is coming to an end (HP G2 Reverb). G2 not being made anymore.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 1/26/2024 at 10:18 PM, Fielder said:

At about 10:00 he says he would happy to live with a Quest 3. And he has tried almost all the higher priced headsets and owns a few of them.

Yeah but he's running a 4090, not a 3080. BIG difference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR