Sign in to follow this  
Rein2

Do you still buy scenery or aircraft for P3D?

The navigraph survey showed us that the P3D marketshare is less than 10 %. But for me P3D is still the number 1 simulator and I think it will stay that way. So I keep buying scenery and/or aircraft for it. But mostly during sales. Nice sales still going on at ORBX and other developers. Just for a few days. So I bought a TE Region (UK Central) and 3 airports. About 60 Euro. But why not? I love P3D. Yesterday a short flight in the PNW region since a long time. It was a very nice experience. Thank you LM and thank you fellow simmers here at the P3D forum for all the support.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I still buy aircraft and utilities however, I don't buy scenery as I make my own ortho scenery.

A definite yes. P3DV5 is the only sim I spend money on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

Absolutely, in fact i've spent more on scenery and add ons for P3D/ FSX in the past year than i ever have. My ORBX library is beginning to get quite extensive.

• Upvote 1

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Posted (edited)

Yes. Last year, I spent more on P3D-only addons than on MSFS-only addons. This year, the only MSFS addons I'm considering are yet to be released. I also have 2-3 P3D addons in sight.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Yes, I still buy scenery for P3D. There are still a lot of sceneries that I do not have for P3D. I don't buy a lot of aircraft though. The last aircraft I bought was the Carenado Falcon 50.

I'm not buying anything at the moment, but I bought the iFly 737 MAX on its launch day.

Buy what? I already have so many scenery....

PS: But I'm looking forward to MSFS 2024.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

Yes, just picked up some new P3d scenery yesterday.  I had picked up some scenery for msfs during thanksgiving sales, but honestly haven’t even flown to some of the new airports I bought yet because I find myself enjoying P3d too much still.

haven’t picked up any new planes this year since I bought the MAX early last year.

Orman

Every week I buy at least one airport scenery and I just bought the Ifly 737Max, pre-ordered the TFDI MD-11 and even bought the CaptainSim 767 (on sale for $10, which was all I was willing to give them for it).  I'm still on v5.4, but am getting tempted by v6.1.  I'd like to continue supporting LM's effort; I appreciate them keeping flight simming alive when MS bailed on FSX.

• Like 1

Todd McDowell

System: Intel i7 8700, ASUS RTX4070, ASUS Z370 TUF Gaming Pro, 48gb Ram, 4k Monitor

I still buy scenery but not a lot of aircraft. The recent release of free Milviz and Iris planes gave me a lot of planes still not even touched till today and I did not have to buy them.

I waited long for Carenado to give some discount for the ATR planes but they never give and meanwhile I no longer want the ATRs.

Since there is no better option than P3D5 for me, there's no reason to stopp buying addons. The only reason to stop is the lack of addons available I don't have The iFly 737 did not temped me, since I have the PMDG and CS 737s. No need for another one.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

It has been an incredible experience since v3 which is where i jumped on it, but moved on quite a while ago. I hope to see it evolve and get significant updates to pull interest from developers once again.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yes.  I just recently purchased Photorico's KONT for P3Dv5.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

2 minutes ago, beechcaptain said:

Yes.  I just recently purchased Photorico's KONT for P3Dv5.

Been looking at picking this one up as well!

• Like 1

Orman

Not buying for P3dV5.4 any more.

I am buying for V6. I have the SimAddOns airports for Canada which cover the country from coast to coast and up into the high arctic. Have started buying FC Scenery for Canada and have 3 provinces so far (will add more as the budget permits) and as to an add-on aircraft i have the Majestic dash 8 which is a great aircraft and works well in V6. Have added  Active Sky 6. There are a couple more good aircraft on the way for V6 and i will get them when available.

I am pleased with V6 so far and I see it getting much better over time much the same as the way MSFS has evolved.

• Like 1

P3D was actually the simulator I spent more money in addons since FSX... From time to time I start using it for a while, get really enthusiastic about it's potential and the quality of some of the addons I have for it - the full line of FSLabs Airbuses, the PMDG 777 200-LR, the iFly 737 MAX and the A2A Comanche,C172 and P-40.

But this Summer I went ahead and purchased ORBX Vector, LC Europe (I already had since a long time Global Range) as well as LPPT and LPPT from MKStudios, and RealTurb Europe and Americas... FSHUD (which I now use with  MFS 2020), FSUIPC 6 and Active Sky P3Dv6 to use with v6.

I purchased a 6 month Professional License for v5 and installed v5.4. I purchased the full Private License for v6.

Presently I have none of the versions installed, and I will give up on 5.4 because I don't want to purchase it again, while keeping serious hopes on the future of v6, while I thoroughly enjoy MFS 2020 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.