Sign in to follow this  
Rein2

Do you still buy scenery or aircraft for P3D?

13 minutes ago, Blasb said:

A bit of topic but is FSHUD really that good? Been thinking of getting it for P3dv5.4 but I am wondering if it will work with e.g., injected AJG AI. 

I use it only with it's own traffic injection.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, Blasb said:

A bit of topic but is FSHUD really that good? Been thinking of getting it for P3dv5.4 but I am wondering if it will work with e.g., injected AJG AI.

Yes, it works, with both BGL and also AIGFP flightplans.

• Like 2

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

3 hours ago, Blasb said:

My honest opinion, wait for the next update for fshud that is supposed to be release in the next few weeks before purchasing.  It still has a lot of issues (traffic separation in air and on ground) and AI planes stuck on taxiways behind the user aircraft and never move again.  The new update is supposed to address these issues.

• Like 2

Orman

Thank you all for the feedback, will wait until the next update then! 🙂

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

In  answer to the OP's question....ABSOLUTELY.  P3dv5.4 is one of the best sims I've ever flown, and I've been a simmer since the beginning...the VERY beginning!

Stan

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Using the registry maneuver I was able to successfully install and run the iFly 747. I may have to acquire the PMDG 777.

I want up-to-date scenery, like Dublin, where the most "decent" scenery is missing the new runway.

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Just the other day I picked up ImagineSim's TBPB and WSSS sceneries to open up a few new Concorde routes.

the lack of new Scenery development I expect is going to be an increasing problem as time goes by and airports evolve & the such, but P3D v5 remains a solid Sim and I expect it'll be at least another year or two before I even think about moving to something else.

Edited by SimeonWilbury

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Zatoichi said:

Using the registry maneuver I was able to successfully install and run the iFly 747. I may have to acquire the PMDG 777.

I do'ed it.

I'm probably going to buy Pula in Croatia. My first for this new PC. I add all my airports to Google Earth so I can spot places where a new airport would be useful. I searched for Pula P3D and ORBX came back first. Then a version on SimMarket was looked at but that's 10 years old although it has been updated for later versions of P3D. The ORBX one looks good. https://orbxdirect.com/product/ldpl?sqid=aa96878328fe2ff4287a25807c60324e-1

It's hard to find quality airports now I have so many. Plus they have to be in parts of the world I fly so South America is not that attractive.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm probably going to buy Pula in Croatia.

I have Orbx Pula, it's a nice little airport.

I used it to showcase the PC-12 mods package I put together.

YouTube PC-12 mods showcase

Orbx also have a nice freebee in LWSK Skopje International Airport.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/lwsk

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

50 minutes ago, Rogen said:

I have Orbx Pula, it's a nice little airport.

In the end I decided on Split instead. Using Ai Companion to see the number of aircraft movements Split was the busier by far. I also have the PC12. Nice speedy aircraft. 👍

I’ll have a look at Skopje, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just picked up YSSY V2 from FlyTampa and NZAA from Flightbeam.  Will probably pick up NZ North/South and Australia V2 from ORBX during their next sale.

Orman

Does anyone have any info on Carenado for P3D? I want to buy a bunch of airplanes but haven't seen them on sale on the Carenado website. I don't think Carenado lowered their prices which is a shame given who they're competing with.

Also, Flight1 apparently changed their refund policy but I can't access the link describing the change.

Edited by Matt Sdeel