Sign in to follow this  
Ident

Accuseason Advanced MSFS feedback

Looking for feedback from any users who have and are using the Accuseason Advanced for plants and trees etc. Any Pros or Cons, is it set and forget or is it something you have to manually change every season?

I switched to it when the competition's developer went AWOL. I guess he's back. But, I'm happy with AccuSeason. I have it set to update each day at 0800 and I do nothing unless there is a new version of the program required. It looks very good to me.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I'm happy with AccuSeason, I don't have my computer running every day so I update it manually once a week, it takes about 30 sec.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I would like to be happier with it, given the long-time experience REX has with this type of addons and the fact that this app is quite easy to use, but since the release of the Advanced version, I'm having issues downloading the selected presets for vegetation and terrain (for autumn/fall). The downloaded files most of the time have zero content (0 kb), so I use to have backup files just to be able to use previous presets. I expect to get some sort of guidance from REX to address this issue.

Something important in my opinion that the current version is lacking, is the ability to show the currently installed presets in your sim, which it's something shouldn't be too complicated to be implemented, in my opinion (of course, I can be wrong).

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It will depend on your flying area in mine LEAL/LEMU none of these complements work well, it is an area dominated by evergreen pines, palm trees and almond trees and the brown tones are totally unreal, the density of trees is not so great, it looks like a jungle. I would like to find an addon similar to xplane's global forest 2 in mfs.

I am happy with it.  I have it automatically update everyday at 7pm.  As another poster mentioned, I only interact with it, when there is a software update.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Having nothing but aches and pains since the move to a new "streamlined" version that has just screwed the pooch in my install. Very disappointed with Rex and support.

Set and forget with automation. And I like it very much, seasons are clearly different with it.

I had some issues with the new one and stayed on V1.  I like it.  Yet at the same time when MSFS 2024 comes out, it appears seasons will be built in.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Very sloppy programming in the app, its easy to break your sim and get ctds if something goes wrong.  For example if you leave your sim running overnight the program will update the season files with the sim running, which will cause ctd's. You would think they would have put a line of code in to stop the update if the sim is running. Like another user said, sometimes there are issue with the downloaded files.  Im still seeing green trees in places where the trees should be bare at this time of the year, the ground color feature works in some places and not in others.  Just feels a bit unfinished in its current state.  That being said I still like it better than default with no seasons at all.

Edited by Pilot53

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Programming of app is an utter joke. Those who bought version 1 on Orbx still cannot upgrade through Orbx and it’s been months now. The developers get their feelings hurt real easy and respond to criticism by banning people from their Discord server. I for one have deleted it and have no use for Rex products. Once MS2024, it renders this program obsolete anyways. 

• Like 2

Eric 

I've never used the automation feature - preferring to do things manually - especially as I'm in NZ (Southern hemisphere) so setting the correct season can often be confusing.

Unfortunately, I find the colouring quite bizarre. For my sessions in the UK, autumn seems to extend all the way to January and is horrifically brown (terrain and foliage) - regardless of how I set it up. Also - some of the tree heights still need correcting: I think there's one particular tree that appears to be 4x its natural height.

Bijan (I don't see why we need to keep his identity secret) has updated his app ... and I've reverted back to it. I've had a lot to do with REX over the years - and have always found them friendly and responsive to constructive criticism, so I'm hopeful they can keep improving their product(s).

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

The tool is top, ground tile masking works perfect and it adds to the immersion. But the devs are the exact opposite, arrogant, hurt easily and stubbornly sticking to stuff that is not understandable like the ignorance of adding a GUI indication of which profile/texture set is currently installed in the sim. And if you ask several times why they do not add this helpful indication finally after ten years or more, they ban you from their discord and do not even have the balls to tell you why. For me, this was certainly the last REX product, no need to support devs forgotten who actually pays their paycheck in the end of the month. Sadly, there are some other devs around with the same attitude...

Edited by AnkH
  • Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Love it.  Never had any problem with it.  Updated to the latest version with no issues.

I use it in auto mode and it just does its thing.  Set and forget. 

I have Bijan's Seasons as well.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages.  Both look incredible in some areas and less so in others, often season dependent.

Currently I'm sticking with REX.  The weekly change and the automation just edge it over Bijans for me at the moment, but should Bijan add more texture/colour sets and automation I would probably use that one again.

Both seasons apps are very good (clearly way better than default)  Neither are perfect.  If I had to choose only one it would be REX right at this moment, but only because of the nice UI, extra colour set variety and the automation, but as Bijan is back now his app could well get major updates this year if he continues to be as prolific in his work as he was before his sabbatical 

I don't use any of its automated features.  Instead every few weeks I'll update the foliage.  Not really interested in achieving RL since that's too specific, but rather getting a seasonal look that's not always the same old thing over and over.  Their weather profiles are a nice touch, especially when RL weather doesn't suit your fancy.  No problems with its use.  For the sale price I paid, it was worth it. 

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)