Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG hints a totally new aircraft on roadmap, what is it?

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

"Roadmap"??? Is that what used to be called a plan? 😁

This had me chuckling quite a bit.....

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Imagine if “Radar Contact” had been named Radar Reachout! 🤣😥

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

... and that had me rolling on the floor. Good one, @Ray Proudfoot

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

13 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

On the PMDG thread Mathijs seems to be emphasizing the "product line" part, whatever than means 🙂
https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/281875-27jan24-we-have-been-busy-and-travelling-but-we-are-hard-at-work?p=282034#post282034

You missed the biggest thing there. It's not a new product but a product LINE. As Rob told us a while back, PMDG has expanded and is now able to handle multiple projects at the same time.

Nice catch!  That's another hint from Mathjis Kok. So if it's a "product line," that is very interesting. I wonder if "product line" means a bunch of variants, in addition to the base variant. Like does the PMDG 737 count as a "product line" because it sold the 600, 700, 800, and 900 variant? Or does "product line" mean an entirely new aircraft manufacturer line, meaning PMDG will do a line of Airbus planes, Bombardier planes, etc?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

It's not a new product but a product LINE

Because it will be a new line of products, it cant be a Boeing - unless they decide to go for old timers such as 742/1, 727, 707... That would be a brilliant idea by the way!

Or perhaps they want to revive their previously announced Operation Centre (or something to that effect I forgot the exact name), initially scheduled for P3D and dropped when MSFS came out.

There are simply too many Airbuses available and announced to squeeze yet another "line" which would compete head-on with too many other contenders (freeware and payware) and probably yet another one when FSL finally makes it to MSFS... if ever!

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

New ACARS system?

Full Flight Operations Environment, including some sort of Career mode ?

Hmmmm.... Combat Aircraft with actual air fight capabilities ?

Live cockpit and pax cabin, using AI to feed the interactions ?

I'm starting to feel curious 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Roadmap isn't a new term, it has been used for a very long time.

Doesn’t make it logical though when there’s no roads or maps involved. 😉

Might it be a Gulfstream? Now that would raise eyebrows. 😁

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, thepilot said:

Whatever it is, I doubt it will release before 2032.

That's an optimistic projection... 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I would *love* a classic.

A 732 with those gorgeous cigar-shaped engines... or a 727... man... 😍

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Might it be a Gulfstream? Now that would raise eyebrows

Better still the Millenium Falcon 🙂

Seriously though would REALLY like a 707, as mentioned earlier...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Honestly doubt that they’ll go with anything as old as a 707 or 727. These things are an enormous handful to fly period, yet alone in a modern RNAV environment and by all available data (vatsim/navigraph etc) there’s a vast amount more interest in modem glass airliners than the old stuff. 
 A 75 or 76 is probably a reasonable mix of old and new but is now lost to Bluebird. A 787 would make the most sense as the freeware stuff is good, but it’s not PMDG good. However, the gap is closing all the time….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmeier said:

Not a single suggestion of a B727 yet?

Hey Ron and @Swe_Richard, Our friend @simbol is taking care of the 727.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/630216-sws-fsreborn-to-make-727/?do=findComment&comment=4917286

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, nobleord said:

Whatever the new product "line"... I hope it doesn't come with a disabled rudder! 🤣

I hear ya! 😉
Its funny how much angst there is about rudders and nose wheel steering in MSFS.  Its a quandary to set a balance where you get a mix of good control, while feeling the inertia in a turn you're going way to fast into, and make it for every conceivable hardware config tens of thousands of pilots have on their simming rigs.

I don't envy any of these devs that have to give us good rudder and nosewheel steering these days....there is a lot of discussion and testing on the beta team over it.  The problem is that we represent a tiny fraction of the simming population, so we can't test even 5% of the various hardware configs out there and find a solution for each.  Sadly, we have to wait for an individual user to report it, get his settings and hardware, and see if we can replicate and fix. 

Its not easy to say the least.  But in this day and age....most everyone just expects it to "work" for them out of the box.  While that is the ultimate goal, its not a good view of reality.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, keithb77 said:

Better still the Millenium Falcon 🙂

Seriously though would REALLY like a 707, as mentioned earlier...

LOL....Captain Sim tried their hand at a copyright-protected TIE fighter a while back....did not work out so well for them. 🤣

A 707 would be epic!  I'm old enough to have flown on a few of them...most memorable was my Pan Am flight from KJFK to Rota, Spain (military charter flight) back when I was 12 or so.  The sun rose into us as we flew eastward, and it glistening off the nacelles of the 2 engines on my side of the plane is a vision that is still vivid in my mind 50 years later.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I hear ya! 😉
Its funny how much angst there is about rudders and nose wheel steering in MSFS.  Its a quandary to set a balance where you get a mix of good control, while feeling the inertia in a turn you're going way to fast into, and make it for every conceivable hardware config tens of thousands of pilots have on their simming rigs.

I don't envy any of these devs that have to give us good rudder and nosewheel steering these days....there is a lot of discussion and testing on the beta team over it.  The problem is that we represent a tiny fraction of the simming population, so we can't test even 5% of the various hardware configs out there and find a solution for each.  Sadly, we have to wait for an individual user to report it, get his settings and hardware, and see if we can replicate and fix. 

Its not easy to say the least.  But in this day and age....most everyone just expects it to "work" for them out of the box.  While that is the ultimate goal, its not a good view of reality.

The AutoRudder option worked perfectly for my PMDG 737-600 in P3D. I never experienced the quick left or right movement when attempting to keep the plane on the centreline after touchdown.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png