Sign in to follow this  
ilpagaia

WU16 new water masks : where?

10 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

perhaps they need to start doing public betas for world updates too like sim updates? That might help especially since an army of users can cover the vast areas of the world usually being updated

Think that's a very good idea.

If iniBuilds can finally get around to publicly recruiting beta testers, Asobo certainly can expand their testing team during the WU 'flighting' period.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm sorry but having been in professions where Quality Control is key I simply do not buy MS/Asobos work ethic at all, having been in the gaming/sim world since the 1980s I have never known a developer to be so pathetic when it comes to regression issues like these guys. Yes MSFS is great I totally agree blah blah blah that does not excuse extremely poor quality standards (again), perhaps yours & others low standards are the reason they are not getting the kick up the butt they deserve and so maybe you are to blame for their lackadaisical approach, ever thought of that?! 😁

Anyway, as much as you may think I "hate" MSFS you are of course entirely wrong, I love this sim just as much as the next guy, I just want it to be better where it's obvious it could be 👍

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

16 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I'm sorry but having been in professions where Quality Control is key I simply do not buy MS/Asobos work ethic at all, having been in the gaming/sim world since the 1980s I have never known a developer to be so pathetic when it comes to regression issues like these guys. Yes MSFS is great I totally agree blah blah blah that does not excuse extremely poor quality standards (again), perhaps yours & others low standards are the reason they are not getting the kick up the butt they deserve and so maybe you are to blame for their lackadaisical approach, ever thought of that?! 😁

Anyway, as much as you may think I "hate" MSFS you are of course entirely wrong, I love this sim just as much as the next guy, I just want it to be better where it's obvious it could be 👍

That was a ton of hyperbole in one post. Go play Cities Skylines and see if you keep that opinion.

People are getting their knickers in a twist over this issue like it is the only thing that makes the Caribbean a great place to visit. 

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

That was a ton of hyperbole in one post. Go play Cities Skylines and see if you keep that opinion.

that game isn't my cuppa tea chap, but please come back with an intelligent response that we may discuss 🙂

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

23 minutes ago, MarcG said:

If you've been in the gaming/sim world since the 1980s, you should also remember how (in)frequently new features and bug fixes were issued back then.

I like it MUCH better today, thanks.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I'm sorry but …

I’m pretty sure that everyone here by now are aware that you’re not impressed by the QC exercised by MS/Asobo, but have you actually told them?

’Cause repeating it ad nauseam here at every single opportunity you see won’t change anything…

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

14 minutes ago, Krakin said:

People are getting their knickers in a twist over this issue like it is the only thing that makes the Caribbean a great place to visit. 

The best way to get over missing water masks is to put on a mask and get in the water.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

I’m pretty sure that everyone here by now are aware that you’re not impressed by the QC exercised by MS/Asobo, but have you actually told them?

’Cause repeating it ad nauseam here at every single opportunity you see won’t change anything…

Yes I have 🙂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MarcG said:

that game isn't my cuppa tea chap, but please come back with an intelligent response that we may discuss 🙂

You made a generalized statement about games and sims

54 minutes ago, MarcG said:

having been in the gaming/sim world since the 1980s I have never known a developer to be so pathetic when it comes to regression issues like these guys.

That being the case, you're the one showing evidence of unnecessary whining.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

59 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Well, you are free to call Asobo "pathetic" and I'm free to call that opinion ludicrous  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think anyone (at least me) are questioning or thinking or caring if you hate MSFS.. but it does seem like you're regularly tortured by any and all issues in MSFS? 🙂, or maybe just regressions, and I guess areas of the sim you want more fixes in not getting any yet, Jorg (lol), etc. You might've never known a developer be so "pathetic" when it comes to regressions, but I've also never known a developer building/enhancing/maintaining this complex a cloud-based MMO-like software system with many moving parts, teams, partners, tech stacks, etc. Such complexity naturally increases the chance of regressions when the software is being regularly updated for new functionality/features. And for critical regression there've been ample examples where the user base has risen and shouted enough for MS/Asobo to act quickly (again, this water masks issue is far from critical sorry)

I will say this however, and I'm talking from the enterprise software worldview where I work (a blue chip like MS in fact 😉). There definitely is a generational shift towards quality control and bug fixing, especially in the world of continuously delivered software.. back in the day when I started off in the industry in the late 90s I remember going thru a year+ of only testing and fixing bugs with no new function development, and then releasing.. and then not doing another release until 3-4 years afterwards, and so on. These days we release monthly updates even if we know of non-critical bugs/regressions (in most cases we don't know), but as long as it's not mission critical software and only productivity software, bugs in the released software are the norm like it or not. Over time things stabilize, as has MSFS (compared to its initial years). But if and when new functionality is coming in continuously then as always there are opportunities for new bugs/regressions

Deal with it or don't use it is the only thing I can say unfortunately. And as to the majority of users not being up in arms as you'd like, well such is the majority opinion isn't it.. oh, and thanks for lecturing us on our "low standards", and how "we" are to blame for not "kicking them up the butt".. I'll just tell you where you can go shove that lecture 😁

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, Krakin said:

You made a generalized statement about games and sims

That being the case, you're the one showing evidence of unnecessary whining.

God forbid someone has a different opinion than you, I'm off to enjoy MSFS, laters.

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

Well, you are free to call Asobo "pathetic" and I'm free to call that opinion ludicrous  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think anyone (at least me) are questioning or thinking or caring if you hate MSFS.. but it does seem like you're regularly tortured by any and all issues in MSFS? 🙂, or maybe just regressions, and I guess areas of the sim you want more fixes in not getting any yet, Jorg (lol), etc. You might've never known a developer be so "pathetic" when it comes to regressions, but I've also never known a developer building/enhancing/maintaining this complex a cloud-based MMO-like software system with many moving parts, teams, partners, tech stacks, etc. Such complexity naturally increases the chance of regressions when the software is being regularly updated for new functionality/features. And for critical regression there've been ample examples where the user base has risen and shouted enough for MS/Asobo to act quickly (again, this water masks issue is far from critical sorry)

I will say this however, and I'm talking from the enterprise software worldview where I work (a blue chip like MS in fact 😉). There definitely is a generational shift towards quality control and bug fixing, especially in the world of continuously delivered software.. back in the day when I started off in the industry in the late 90s I remember going thru a year+ of only testing and fixing bugs with no new function development, and then releasing.. and then not doing another release until 3-4 years afterwards, and so on. These days we release monthly updates even if we know of non-critical bugs/regressions (in most cases we don't know), but as long as it's not mission critical software and only productivity software, bugs in the released software are the norm like it or not. Over time things stabilize, as has MSFS (compared to its initial years). But if and when new functionality is coming in continuously then as always new opportunities for bugs/regressions

Deal with it or don't use it is the only thing I can say unfortunately. And as to the majority of users not being up in arms as you'd like, well such is the majority opinion isn't it.. oh, and thanks for lecturing us on our "low standards", and how "we" are to blame for not "kicking them up the butt".. I'll just tell you where you can go shove that lecture 😁

Enjoy x

Here !

At least some..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

having been in the gaming/sim world since the 1980s I have never known a developer to be so pathetic when it comes to regression issues like these guy

Yeah they need to work on QC so keep banging the drum, but nah, ‘pathetic’ and ‘ludicrous’ not fair when we’re talking about the first software to stream the whole world in photorealistic detail to millions of users, leveraging new tech, backed by an army of vendors, mostly at no extra cost to the user.

MSFS is really a leap beyond anything we’ve had before, and some of the regressions are so disappointing (I literally sigh every time I see the clouds every session when I think of the clouds we once had), but big picture way more is right than wrong.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Any news?

Edited by bigmike
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1