Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Working Title is improving the G3X for MSFS!

I think this topic deserves its own thread, even though it's a part of the Twitch Q&A today.  But this is huge! Working Title is improving the G3X for MSFS!

6tjlL14.png

jRB7hcu.png

YFk1Hcs.png

You can watch more on the live stream VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2049204189?t=01h12m49s

Once again, MSFS avionics is getting more and more advanced! Great job Working Title!

• Like 15

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Wow!  Superb !!!!

Thx for the links and detail !

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Very nice! They hinted quite a while ago already the G3X might get some of their love. Looking forward to their work.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Let's see if A2A will use it, that would be nice 

• Like 1

YESSSS YESSSS YESSSS!!!!  

YESSSSSSSSSS!

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Perfect! Thanks for the HU!

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Now we need one of the hardware companies to make a GTC.

Any good planes use the G3x? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Great news!

Love flying G3X irl. It is so ridiculously more intuitive than G1000 ever will be.

Feels like an Iphone vs Palm Pilot comparison.

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Pretty cool. Would be so nice if they can do integration (a la 210 flightstream) with Foreflight et al. to sync flight plans!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

WOOOOHOOOOO!!

• Like 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| Ryzen 7 7800x3D | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS X670E-E ROG Strix | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Any good planes use the G3x? 

Well you got your default stuff, VL3, XCub etc.  

Then you got all of the third party stuff like SWS RV's, the upcoming FSW Lancair Legacy, Orbx Blackwing, Parallel 42 Kitfox, FSReborn Sting etc

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@MattNischan  Hi Matt, this is really exciting!  Is there a way to volunteer as an early tester?  I looked at your Discord, but do not see a G3X section.. can you point me in the right direction? Send me a PM if required..  I currently use an updated version of the earlier WT G3X with slightly improved visuals, corrected GTN flightplan WPT, DIS, ETE readouts, and Radar Altimeter in my RV14A.  Would love to make sure that the GTNXi integration has this content working... 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

This news has made my year.  (And it's only February 1st). 😎

Seriously, more excited about this than anything so far in MSFS.  I can think of about 8 aircraft that I would otherwise love, but never fly because the current G3X experience was so poor.

Happy days!

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Is there a way to volunteer as an early tester?

Well, it's gonna start with SU15 beta, which is just a few weeks away. So not much time to wait. 🙂

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Would love to make sure that the GTNXi integration has this content working...

As sorta mentioned in the Q&A, external navigators like the GTN are going to need some code updates to those units to support the integration with the new G3X.

The G3X is, without an external navigator, just a simple VFR box that supports limited flight plan operations (no procedures). However, as in real life, when paired with an external navigator like a GNS or a GTN, they can support IFR flightplans and guidance from the external navigator.

Because of this need to communicate with the G3X, we are updating the MSFS Avionics Framework to support independent per-unit guidance, as well as flight plan and guidance communication between the units. However, this is not just something that drops in, developers of those external GPS units will need to implement those changes. We of course will be providing guidance to those developers who wish to do that, as well as documentation.

We will be including those integrations in the GNS in SU15, as well as some options to disable the built-in WT AP in the GNS, in case some advanced developers want to develop their own autopilot just accepting guidance from the GNS.

• Like 11