Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

BMWorld & AmSim Release Miami KMIA!

On 2/18/2024 at 12:40 AM, psolk said:

Edit:  Opened FSDT Installer and went to GSX options, searched for KMIA and that's where the duplicate was coming from.  De-activated KMIA within GSX, loaded MSFS configured all gates to have a jetway and all is working as expected.  Figured I'd put my resolution here in case anyone has the same issue.   

That's what you are always supposed to do when you install a new airport after GSX. This is explained in the manual, Page 7:

IMPORTANT

The Configuration of 3rd Party Exclusion from Jetway replacement is done when doing any of the following:

• When you first Install or Reinstall GSX
• When you perform a GSX Update
• If you Install/Reinstall/Unlink/Relink any FSDT airport

If you install a new 3rd party scenery, just installing it won’t result to automatically go here and reconfigure Jetway Exclusion, you should develop a habit to always check the GSX Config page after installing a new 3rd party scenery. Failing to do so would result in Parking conflicts (visible as double Parking spots in the World Map), and Jetways malfunctions.

Which then continues with a suggestion:

SUGGESTION

If you never use default airports and you always have a 3rd party add-on for any airport you fly into, you might consider Disabling ALL GSX Jetway replacement files at once, by clicking the >>> button on the Enabled side, so they will all go on the Disabled side, and eventually Enable an airport, for that time you want to use the default scenery.

34 minutes ago, virtuali said:

If you encountered a case of an airport that comes in a package that conforms to the official naming convention and it hasn't been found by GSX, report it, and we'll verify it.

I don't have any marketplace airports, so maybe that's why. I do have a lot of popular payware airports though and I can't imagine all of them have 'wrong' folder titles. I'll keep an eye out for it next time though.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

10 hours ago, Flying-Hare said:

Apparently you have extra FPS to enjoy the interior of huge airports. Not everyone is so lucky.

That has nothing to do with how the Airport is Advertised with screenshots like the ones I posted plus static and animated users listed as features but no mention that level of detail is only in limited areas.  J gates from what I can tell so far.  

Whether or not I have extra FPS is irrelevant, that's not what I'm questioning and hence looking for documentation to see if there was some configurable options.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Duplicate post

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

On 2/15/2024 at 1:32 PM, edpatino said:

Any word on performance yet?

I bought it, it's beautifully done inside and out but on my PC it's a sluggish slog.  I need a faster PC.  But I would recommend it despite me not being a perfectionist about sceneries to me it looks mighty fine.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I bought it, it's beautifully done inside and out but on my PC it's a sluggish slog.  I need a faster PC.  But I would recommend it despite me not being a perfectionist about sceneries to me it looks mighty fine.

Thanks so much Jack for the kind info. Did you installed the SD or the HD textures?. That's maybe why is too sluggish for you?.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

27 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Thanks so much Jack for the kind info. Did you installed the SD or the HD textures?. That's maybe why is too sluggish for you?.

Indeed, you should check that. It's  recommended to have 12GB of VRAM available for the HD textures.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, edpatino said:

2 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

Indeed, you should check that. It's  recommended to have 12GB of VRAM available for the HD textures.

Didn’t know I could and don’t know how to check. And how do I check vram?

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Didn’t know I could and don’t know how to check. And how do I check vram?

VRAM depends on your graphics card. What do you have? If you have an Nvidia card, you can open the Nvidia Control Panel and then check System Information.

From where did you install it? If from the iniManager (iniBuilds), then you can select between the HD and SD textures from product page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmcmah said:

VRAM depends on your graphics card. What do you have? If you have an Nvidia card, you can open the Nvidia Control Panel and then check System Information.

From where did you install it? If from the iniManager (iniBuilds), then you can select between the HD and SD textures from product page.

Hi, not at the PC right now.  But I installed it through ORBX.

Jack Sawyer

10 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi, not at the PC right now.  But I installed it through ORBX.

The Orbx store page explains how to change the textures.

• Like 1

Just now, mmcmah said:

The Orbx store page explains how to change the textures.

It does?  I’ve never seen that.  And I still don’t know if I have HD or SD.

Jack Sawyer

4 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Just uninstall Jack and the instructions will appear on the install page

-B

Edited by btacon

3 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Default installation is HD textures, at least it was like that for me using IniManager.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

12 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Jack - from the Orbx store page (note that in the iniBuilds store the package folder name changed with 1.0.1, which may or may not have happened with the Orbx version):

Note: To enable SD textures instead of HD textures, please rename the following folders (you can delete the unused one to save space):

Your_Community_folder\bmwamsim-kmia-miami\Scenery\bmwamsim\KMIA_Lib\texture -> texture.HD Your_Community_folder\bmwamsim-kmia-miami\Scenery\bmwamsim\KMIA_Lib\texture.SD -> texture