10 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

It's covered in the recently updated readme:

• This utility can be installed concurrent with any DynamicLOD variant. You just shouldn't run them at the same time, as they would both be fighting each other with MSFS settings. AutoFPS can detect whether itself or and previous DynamicLOD variant is running and will quit if it finds one. DynamicLOD_ResetEdition 0.3.7 does the same except it doesn't know about AutoFPS because I started that after 0.3.7 was released, so you need to be aware of that potential conflict if you start DynamicLOD_ResetEdition 0.3.7 after MSFS_AdaptiveLOD. The next DynamicLOD_Reset version will be fully AutoFPS aware.

Havnt tried your awesome mods yet, but should I go for the DynamicLOD or the AutoFPS, as a first step?

I am using the FG-mod at the moment.

22 hours ago, edpatino said:

How this would work regarding the FPS if your sim is using V-Sync and frames locked to 30?.

Use Vsync from Nvidia Control panel only and lock your FPS with RivaTuner to 30 fps. I can show you all my settings in Nvidia Control panel. Actually, i posted them on this thread a few pages back.

Then, with auto FPS set to 28 or 29. 5% of 30 is 28.5 so I can't decide which one. So far, it works. I keep TLOD to 70 at minimum and unless I am using the drone camera to peer around at higher elevation, I can't see the difference on the ground.

I use it with GA or airliners. I keep AIG traffic to 50 or 60% as it injects around 400 aircraft at larger airports if its at 100%. FSLTL is better with this though. AIG is better for when you're out of your timezone and want to fly during "their" daylight time.

• Like 4

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

4 hours ago, EnSnellHest said:

Havnt tried your awesome mods yet, but should I go for the DynamicLOD or the AutoFPS, as a first step?

I am using the FG-mod at the moment.

AutoFPS is the gateway drug to the awesomeness.

It's their "latest" release but also the easier to set up. I would use that first.

• Like 5

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 2/23/2024 at 3:05 AM, Fiorentoni said:

Why has OLOD been taken out? It can make up to 25% difference in FPS on big hubs with many AI aicraft.

I discovered this, OLOD, can significantly impact VRAM in use, so useful for folks without 24Gb...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

AutoFPS is the gateway drug to the awesomeness.

It's their "latest" release but also the easier to set up. I would use that first.

Thank you, kind Sir!

16 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

It's covered in the recently updated readme:

• This utility can be installed concurrent with any DynamicLOD variant. You just shouldn't run them at the same time, as they would both be fighting each other with MSFS settings. AutoFPS can detect whether itself or and previous DynamicLOD variant is running and will quit if it finds one. DynamicLOD_ResetEdition 0.3.7 does the same except it doesn't know about AutoFPS because I started that after 0.3.7 was released, so you need to be aware of that potential conflict if you start DynamicLOD_ResetEdition 0.3.7 after MSFS_AdaptiveLOD. The next DynamicLOD_Reset version will be fully AutoFPS aware.

Thanks, I’ll download and check it out.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

My first proper flight in the Fenix today with this app running and it simply does not get any better thank you again so much.

Daz

• Like 1

This program will be the biggest game changer ever for flight sim I believe 👍

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | Seasonic Vertex 1000W I LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

This is amazing, thank you so much! How can I donate? 

Not sure if this is possible or not but it would be amazing to have the option to lower the FPS once at CRZ. This would allow my PC to cool down a bit as I don't need high frames when at CRZ. Would this be possible? Thoughts?

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Also, for some reason MSFS doesn't start when I have the app installed. It goes all the way to the end of the loading screen and it gets stuck. Also loads a lot slower. If I start the app AFTER MSFS is up and running then MSFS freezes and becomes VERY slow, can't even click fly. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by iFlySimX

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

35 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Am I doing something wrong?

Could it be a Simconnect issue? I'd suggest sending the log file to Reset. It should be in this location: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MSFS2020_AutoFPS\log

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

32 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Also, for some reason MSFS doesn't start when I have the app installed. It goes all the way to the end of the loading screen and it gets stuck. Also loads a lot slower. If I start the app AFTER MSFS is up and running then MSFS freezes and becomes VERY slow, can't even click fly. Am I doing something wrong?

That's the first I've heard of this. Apart from auto start of the app in the XML file, if you installed with that option, the app has no direct interaction with MSFS whatsoever until after your flight has loaded. Up until then, it is MobiFlight and Simconnect doing all the conversing and even then it is pretty minimal.

As @Cpt_Piettsuggest, message me your log file and I'll see if anything is up. Also check your MSFS directory for conflicting/duplicate MobiFlight installations in both your community and official folders.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

2 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

This is amazing, thank you so much! How can I donate? 

Not sure if this is possible or not but it would be amazing to have the option to lower the FPS once at CRZ. This would allow my PC to cool down a bit as I don't need high frames when at CRZ. Would this be possible? Thoughts?

I currently do this via a hotkey and RTSS to cap my FPS at 20 during the cruise phase, but as you say it would be good if the app could do it for you as an option. It is not currently straightforward to implement it as your FPS and TLOD is normally highest at cruise altitude and dropping TLOD to minimum likely won't reduce your FPS significantly enough to achieve a low cruise setting, so I'd have to find some way of hard capping FPS which I currently do not know how to do. I do have another experimental item on my feature wish list that would use a similar hard capped FPS so there are economies of scale to both by getting it working. For now though these are way down the priority list, but I'll certainly put your suggestion in there.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

That's the first I've heard of this. Apart from auto start of the app in the XML file, if you installed with that option, the app has no direct interaction with MSFS whatsoever until after your flight has loaded. Up until then, it is MobiFlight and Simconnect doing all the conversing and even then it is pretty minimal.

As @Cpt_Piettsuggest, message me your log file and I'll see if anything is up. Also check your MSFS directory for conflicting/duplicate MobiFlight installations in both your community and official folders.

I think I know what happened, it's on my end. I accidently locked FPS to 1 lol. 

• Like 1

I would also willingly donate, this app is phenomenal! Between this app, the smoothness of the beta, and frame generation, I'm in flight sim nirvana.

• Like 2