DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

2 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

V1 Simulations stream today on various failure scenarios that was very educational (at least for me) given his usual insights and commentary.  These were the quotes I captured with timestamps:

• Rejected take-off tests
    • brake temps simulation all realistic and as expected (first RTO was on full cold startup, and then immediate consequent RTO increased the temps as expected as state from one fed into the other)
  • V1 cut: Single engine failure after V1 + other stacked failures like fire/reverser-unlock/etc: https://youtu.be/gFuEutQpCyU?t=4394
    • "single engine performance and climb was just fine, yaw simulation during in-flight reverse unlock, that was crazy": https://youtu.be/gFuEutQpCyU?t=6042
    • "engine failure and full right trim on rudder, love it"
    • asked about how it feels vs Toliss: "handling in flight I gotta say, it's right there, that felt very realistic all the way around compared to the real airplane":  https://youtu.be/gFuEutQpCyU?t=6113
    • "felt very much the same as when I do single engine training in the Level D sims, almost exactly the same honestly"
  • V1 cut: Single engine failure after V1 with damage, very hot day 40+C, max load at limit for take-off, other conditions set for worst-case
    • "the hand flying on this is awesome"
    • re: take-off: "honestly the performance of the aircraft is what I'd expect, previous Fenix would've been in the dirt now"
    • re: approach and landing with full flaps:
      • "she's holding, look at that, the airplane can do it, pretty cool .. i like it a lot"
    • re: flaring late and little bounce as expected IRL due to momentum: https://youtu.be/gFuEutQpCyU?t=7437
      • "this is some good flight modelling here, very nicely done"
    • "all things considered, pretty darn real"
  • maximum cross-wind (40 knots) landing test, flaps 3, no auto brakes
    • "it's smoother than the old Fenix, hand flying this in a pattern is so good" (SDS enabled with -20)
    • "the control wow, i'm really happy with it"
  • final comments:
    • "fenix did a great job, really stood up to the tests"
    • "it is a solid solid release"

Thank you very much for that, saves a lot of time for people not wanting to watch hours of video!

• Like 9

People keep comparing Fenix with Toliss but not the FS Labs which is supposed to be the "pinnacle" of Airbus simulation.

Has anyone noticed the subtle bouncing of the cargo doors when they open?  Pretty slick.

• Like 3

Hi guys,

could anybody check if the Fenix A320 allows sim rates higher than 2x with the newest update? Overall the feedback seems to be very positive and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but have not been able to find any information about this. It was announced that there would be improvements to the supported sim rate when the Fenix was first released, but I haven't been able to establish whether that has already happened. Thank you so much in advance.

On 2/29/2024 at 8:59 AM, martinboehme said:

It's been a while since I've used the keyboard for this, but I seem to recall you need to press F2 once to get into idle reverse, then release it, then press and hold it again to get more than idle reverse. Does that work? 

Yes, now working great! Thanks 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOWS-Approach said:

Hi guys,

could anybody check if the Fenix A320 allows sim rates higher than 2x with the newest update? Overall the feedback seems to be very positive and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but have not been able to find any information about this. It was announced that there would be improvements to the supported sim rate when the Fenix was first released, but I haven't been able to establish whether that has already happened. Thank you so much in advance.

No changes here, 2x is still the max.

I was hoping that B2 would correct the problem I had been having with B1 freezing, but I could only get 3 flights in before it happened again. And then it happened twice in a row. I stopped flying B1 after the latest update hoping B2 would fix it. I guess I need to go back to flying the 737s until this gets sorted. I'm extremely disappointed.

It happens whenever the departure has a manual leg with a disconnect and then the 1st waypoint. I departed KORD 28R, flew to the required altitude, engaged the AP, and then used the Dir button to select PMPKN as the active waypoint. Just after reaching cruise altitude, I gave everything a quick look to make sure it was all set for cruise and went into the kitchen to get a drink. While I'm in there, I hear the "... Spirit 1622 you are 500' below your assigned altitude. Climb and maintain flight level 320" message. Sure enough, I come back to find the airplane in a slow turn to the right and descending. The sim is running fine. The ground is moving, AI traffic is passing by, I can switch cameras and control them properly, but nothing in the airplane works. Buttons press, and knobs turn, but they have no impact on the airplane. My only option is nuking the flight. What a real bummer. 

B1 would fly KLAX/24L OSHNN MISEN RNDRZ KLAS every single time with no problem. If the flight plan was KLAX/24L ORCKA MISEN RNDRZ KLAS it would freeze up every time. OSHNN has a full departure with all of the waypoints connected as part of the SID. ORCKA has an initial climb heading and altitude, then a manual leg, and then the next waypoint. Since I was now testing again, I chose to tempt fate with the ORCKA departure. I departed 24L, flew heading 251, crossed DLREY just below 3000', and maintained 251 for a bit and then used DIR to select KLIPR as the next waypoint. Just before reaching MISEN, completely frozen again.

I give up. I hope you all have a lot of fun flying your new toy.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 hours ago, ATRguy said:

Has anyone noticed the subtle bouncing of the cargo doors when they open?  Pretty slick.

...or the bug-juice on the windscreen at arrival airport. 🙂

8 minutes ago, GeoSkyman said:

Hello, please any simbrief profile for the Fexix A320 iIAE

It's in Simbrief.  A320-200, select the IAE varant.

3 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I was hoping that B2 would correct the problem I had been having with B1 freezing, but I could only get 3 flights in before it happened again. And then it happened twice in a row. I stopped flying B1 after the latest update hoping B2 would fix it. I guess I need to go back to flying the 737s until this gets sorted. I'm extremely disappointed.

B1 would fly KLAX/24L OSHNN MISEN RNDRZ KLAS every single time with no problem. If the flight plan was KLAX/24L ORCKA MISEN RNDRZ KLAS it would freeze up every time. OSHNN has a full departure with all of the waypoints connected as part of the SID. ORCKA has an initial climb heading and altitude, then a manual leg, and then the next waypoint. Since I was now testing again, I chose to tempt fate with the ORCKA departure. I departed 24L, flew heading 251, crossed DLREY just below 3000', and maintained 251 for a bit and then used DIR to select KLIPR as the next waypoint. Just before reaching MISEN, completely frozen again.

I replicated with flight using the Spirit livery, default LAX and FlyTampa LAS.  No freezes, but the plane did load sunken in the ground, so I had to reload and switch gates.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I can't ever get these 4K screens to post sharp.  Very annoying. 

Anyhow, I love that we have B2.  The announcements work for me, the GSX integration is great, the visuals and sounds are mostly great.  However, I find that she still floats way too much when winds are high on landing.  The ground handling is like sliding on ice.  Ground handling was perfect before.  It's much harder to maintain centerline.  She loaded sunken in the ground for some reason.  I did get the "retard" callout multiple times on this landing (yes, Fenix is aware).  I do not like that the landing lights great a haze, which is something the A2A Comanche and HondaJet also do in any atmosphere.  I have not had my AP disconnect (using TCA Airbus controllers).  I've not had any freezes or performance problems.  The EFB icons disappear at times, but you can still access the apps.  I have had the EFB glitch out and essentially displace out of view, but it corrected after a few seconds.  In the grand scheme of things, once these bugs are addressed, it'll be rather perfect.  I'd like a different ground handling and less floaty FDE, but I know this might just be a subjective issue.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I agree with you about landing, with CFM or IAE same little problem with the plane floating above the runway with throttle put on idle at 40ft before retard.

• Like 2

Frédéric Giraud