Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

9 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ok, so based on what you’re saying there’s really no need to bother with the calls button(s) before takeoff. I might have gotten confused as the ECAM is not complete until cabin is secured.

The cabin ready item will be be checked after a random amount of time on the Fenix, if it takes too long, you can hit the calls button to speed it up.

• Like 2

Hi,

I have a question regarding GSX integration, I get Fuel Truck then Catering and then the Stairs are connected and then boarding starts with the Baggage, but surely shouldn't the first part be connecting the Stairs or Jetway first, just seams strange that no stairs is connected to begin with I have checked the settings on the EFB and they seam correct maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in Advance.

Daz

2 minutes ago, daztheman70 said:

shouldn't the first part be connecting the Stairs or Jetway first

I’ve been wondering about this as well. Usually I connect jetway/stairs manually before commencing boarding procedure via EFB.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

A few questions about the GSX integration:
1. How do I get the catering truck to appear? All I ever get is the fuel truck and passengers boarding.
2. Do the cargo doors open themselves (I've set passenger doors to open automatically)? In my last flight, boarding started and the cargo loaders were there with ULDs but didn't start loading as the cargo doors were shut. After I manually opened them, they started loading cargo.
3. I still get the GSX screen pop up as its going through various steps...is this right? I assumed as it was integrated it would not pop up until it needed an input from me (pushback direction etc).

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Yes I thought about doing that, but I herd that entering the GSX Menu can cause a fault to pop up on the ECAM some sort of bug.

Thanks

Daz

7 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

1. How do I get the catering truck to appear? All I ever get is the fuel truck and passengers boarding.
2. Do the cargo doors open themselves (I've set passenger doors to open automatically)? In my last flight, boarding started and the cargo loaders were there with ULDs but didn't start loading as the cargo doors were shut. After I manually opened them, they started loading cargo.
3. I still get the GSX screen pop up as its going through various steps...is this right? I assumed as it was integrated it would not pop up until it needed an input from me (pushback direction etc).

1/ I haven't tested
2/ by going through the GSX menu and not by loading FENIX-GSX, I encounter the same problem.
3/ I haven't tested

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

21 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

1. For me the catering trucks appear automatically along with the fuel truck (as I’ve configured GSX to start with catering/fuel).

2. The cargo doors usually open automatically 

3. Yes, I don’t understand the need to see these messages that briefly appear. Any way to turn them off?

• Like 1

How do I get the GSX integration to start? I'm sat there for ages, nothing happening. It's only when I go to the 'Mass and Balance' section of the EFB and hit 'Load Aircraft' and then 'GSX' that anything starts happening. By that point, I've already connected jetway etc myself.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

How do I get the GSX integration to start? I'm sat there for ages, nothing happening. It's only when I go to the 'Mass and Balance' section of the EFB and hit 'Load Aircraft' and then 'GSX' that anything starts happening. By that point, I've already connected jetway etc myself.

That's the way it works, you have to call GSX via the mass and balance menu to start the process, after you loaded your simbrief flight plan and eventually change something, like your fuel quantity.

Edited by danhenri
  • Like 1

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

The cabin ready item will be be checked after a random amount of time on the Fenix, if it takes too long, you can hit the calls button to speed it up.

Departed from LESO Rwy 22 just a few minutes ago. Cabin crew didn’t call me automatically so I called them using the “ALL” button. I should have done this way sooner as LESO requires you to taxi on the runway then do a 180 degree turn. As I was lined up on the rwy ready for t/o, the cabin was still not secure and I had to call them manually.

23 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

1. For me the catering trucks appear automatically along with the fuel truck (as I’ve configured GSX to start with catering/fuel).

2. The cargo doors usually open automatically 

3. Yes, I don’t understand the need to see these messages that briefly appear. Any way to turn them off?

To prevent GSX messages to appear, just click the GSX icon in MSFS screen bar. You will have to click again to tell GSX the direction of your pushback.

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition

23 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Thats how its supposed to work.

• Like 2

Purchased the A320 awhile ago but had it parked, then resurected it after the update.

Flew yesterday & it was very smooth in the air. (Basic set up, not using Simbrief yet)

Usually fly Boeings so I have been scratching my head looking for LNAV & VNAV buttons.

How do I get it to follow the Magenta line from a flight plan?

Thanks

T45

31 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Purchased the A320 awhile ago but had it parked, then resurected it after the update.

Flew yesterday & it was very smooth in the air. (Basic set up, not using Simbrief yet)

Usually fly Boeings so I have been scratching my head looking for LNAV & VNAV buttons.

How do I get it to follow the Magenta line from a flight plan?

Thanks

T45

Push the heading rotary on the glareshield. If there's no heading number, but dashes and a point, you're in NAV mode. Should be like that by default from the start up of the aircraft, though. For VNAV it's the same, just the altitude rotary.

• Like 2