Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

4 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Does anyone know if Canadian airlines use pounds or kilograms on their A320s?

Lee

I believe it’s mostly pounds maybe a couple that use kilos.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Always have something to say about someone else, don't you.

You started off a topic trying to compare PMDG and Fenix. Comments were not to your liking. Might has well give you the truth.

Edited by carlanthony24

20 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

You started off a topic trying to compare PMDG and Fenix. Comments were not to your liking. Might has well give you the truth.

Yeah, post on the PMDG forum that I discovered that the 737 gets 10 fps more than the Fenix B2, which i discovered yesterday while flying both. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)

How do you set your rudder sensitivity? I'm using linear with damping on, dead zone 3%. With this setting I feel the rudder is too responsive during taxi (using rudder axis as tiller while taxiing). A lot of the time I oversteer during turns. B2 knowledge base: 

Rudder damping. 

This can be used with linear rudder sensitivity, followed by adjusting the sensitivity per your preferences. If you do not use the rudder damping option, we recommend a minimum sensitivity as such:

5WYEMqj.png

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

How do you set your rudder sensitivity? I'm using linear with damping on. With this setting I feel the rudder is too responsive (using rudder axis as tiller while taxiing). B2 knowledge base: 

5WYEMqj.png

I tried about a half dozen different settings yesterday, and I couldn't get any of them to smoothly track the centerline on takeoff or landing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

How do you set your rudder sensitivity? I'm using linear with damping on, dead zone 3%. With this setting I feel the rudder is too responsive during taxi (using rudder axis as tiller while taxiing). A lot of the time I oversteer during turns. B2 knowledge base:

Try reducing the reactivity, I have mine set pretty low for the rudder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, martinboehme said:

A mnemonic to remember which direction does what:

• Push the rotary away from yourself to give control of speed / heading / altitude to the aircraft (managed mode)
  • Pull the rotary towards yourself to take control of speed / heading / altitude yourself (selected mode)

My system doesn't reflect the rotary moving In or Out, rather I get an Up arrow or a Down arrow when I hover the Mouse Pointer over the Rotary

If I left click the Up arrow then that is Managed Mode, Down arrow is Selected Mode?

T45

4 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

If I left click the Up arrow then that is Managed Mode, Down arrow is Selected Mode?

Correct! 

• Upvote 1

Anyone else noticing very high GPU temps since the block 2 update? Im seeing temps in excess of 80c with the fans in my 3070ti screaming . Never had this problem before the block 2 update. I tried setting the flight deck displays to "prefer cpu rendering" which fixed the temp issues but killed my fps. Not sure what else I can try.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried about a half dozen different settings yesterday, and I couldn't get any of them to smoothly track the centerline on takeoff or landing. 

Hmm, yeah it’s tricky, I’m fairly happy with the side stick at recommended -20% w/ SDS. But I’m struggling to find the “right” rudder sensitivity. For now I’ve set it to -40%. Wondering if I should reduce reactivity too..

28 minutes ago, OuterMarker said:

Try reducing the reactivity, I have mine set pretty low for the rudder.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try!

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

as written earlier in this thread I could not hold AC on centerline - in v1 without problems, additional now the fenix v2 isn't loading correctly, EFB and AC no response, or white displays, sometimes all, sometimes the MCDU's only, have tried the GPU und CPU rendering. Have installled from scratch two times, all windows and nvida and MSFS updated. Bootstrapper and Fenix window loading and server green active, all-in all it's a disappointing software update for me, unusable at the moment. Best regards

Ralf Andreas

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, post on the PMDG forum that I discovered that the 737 gets 10 fps more than the Fenix B2, which i discovered yesterday while flying both. 

Why even post on the PMDG forums about how the 737 gets more FPS then the Fenix? If your getting less FPS with the A320 then let Fenix know. Not much is going to be accomplished on PMDG forums to address it unless your trying to stir the pot which appears you have accomplished as they have removed your original post. You did make Reddit so congratulations.  

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Why even post on the PMDG forums about how the 737 gets more FPS then the Fenix? If your getting less FPS with the A320 then let Fenix know. Not much is going to be accomplished on PMDG forums to address it unless your just want stir the pot which appears you have accomplished as they have removed our original post. You did make Reddit so congratulations.  

Imagine getting like 50-60fps on PMDG then complaining that you maybe get 40-50fps. More than plenty to still enjoy. People seem to forget the FSLabs days were performance was also a big problem.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cseu said:

as written earlier in this thread I could not hold AC on centerline - in v1 without problems, additional now the fenix v2 isn't loading correctly, EFB and AC no response, or white displays, sometimes all, sometimes the MCDU's only, have tried the GPU und CPU rendering. Have installled from scratch two times, all windows and nvida and MSFS updated. Bootstrapper and Fenix window loading and server green active, all-in all it's a disappointing software update for me, unusable at the moment. Best regards

Anti virus software off for testing?