btacon

FSW C414 Chancellor Major Update 03/05/2024

Posted (edited)

That is so funny. Took it out last week for 3 flights. Had been over 6 months since I last flew it.

Will have to take it out again now to see how she handles.

I also love this plane.

Bu the way, thanks for the heads up. I also got no warning. That really sucks.

In case there is confusion. You have to re download the whole file as if you just bought it.

Just execute, it will delete the old version completely and reinstall the new one. Did not ask me for my license. it picked it up by itself.

Edited by Ron Lefebvre
  • Like 1

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

Thanks for posting about the update. I have not received an e-mail either.
I prefer to buy directly from the developer but there are so many and it is almost impossible to keep track of updates for all of them.

if it weren't for the encryption and the delayed updates (which has gotten better) the MSFS marketplace would be a great solution for this.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

A new version of the C414AW (and also of the Learjet35A) just came out on March 5:  V4.4.3 for the C424AW and V1.2.3 for the Learjet35A.

Edmundo Azevedo

Just flew the new version of the C414.   Absolutely excellent.   A couple of niggles I had with the AP (such as the AP button animation not working properly) have been resolved.

I'd put this C414 up there with the A2A Comanche and COWS DA-42 as the best GA around for the sim at the moment.

• Like 7

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Finally got the email - the latest version is 4.4.3. Coming a couple of days after 4.4.2, probably a hotfix for something or other.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

For those waiting for the updated installer to appear on Simmarket, it is now available.

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Posted (edited)

In case you have trouble with the autopilot in the GTNXI variant after the 4.4.3 update... there is a temporary autopilot fix that you can try.. contact me for details.  In my case, altitude hold showed the wrong altitude on the autopilot, and changing the altitude selector immediately caused the airplane to climb/descend..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

In case you have trouble with the autopilot in the GTNXI variant after the 4.4.3 update... there is a temporary autopilot fix that you can try.. contact me for details.  In my case, altitude hold showed the wrong altitude on the autopilot, and changing the altitude selector immediately caused the airplane to climb/descend..

Hello Bert,

Is yoke movement in sync with AP commands modelled? I realize this topic is very unimportant to most users but I do enjoy the attention to detail for ultimate realism. From watching YouTube of the FSW C414, it looks like the answer is negative but just curious as I obviously don't have the aircraft. 

3 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Hello Bert,

Is yoke movement in sync with AP commands modelled? I realize this topic is very unimportant to most users but I do enjoy the attention to detail for ultimate realism. From watching YouTube of the FSW C414, it looks like the answer is negative but just curious as I obviously don't have the aircraft. 

I do not think so... I usually click on the yoke to make it disappear..

• Upvote 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Les Parson said:

Is yoke movement in sync with AP commands modelled?

Yes it is. A long time ago it wasn’t and I recall the developer being unconvinced how needed it was but I think the community changed his mind. I was just flying through some choppy weather and enjoyed seeing the yoke react while on AP. It’s the little things, right? 😄

• Like 3

After each update, I have to remember to reset the Davtron clock to Local time, instead of Zulu (GMT) time.

To do this edit the clock file with Notepad++ and change zulu to local in the hours line.

//ZULU 12 HOURS
    getZuluHours() {
        var ZuluHours = Math.floor(SimVar.GetSimVarValue("E:LOCAL TIME", "hours"));

File is here:  flysimware-cessna-414aw\html_ui\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\Generic\Radios\DAVTRON_M811B\M811B.js

Bert

11 hours ago, Noell said:

For those waiting for the updated installer to appear on Simmarket, it is now available.

On the SimMarket app (downloads) I got a text file (changelog) but no V 4.4.3 file.
This is what the text file mentions for v 4.4.3:
=================
C414A V 4.4.3 HOTFIX
03-5-2024
=================

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Well, the AP seems completely out of wack

I should have left it as is, it was perfectly fine before.

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

2 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

See above and contact me for a temporary fix..

Bert

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

The altitude capture and altitude alerter issue, which occurs with the TDS GTN 750 version of the C414, has been fixed by Flysimware. I expect that a C414 hotfix will be out soon, likely tonight some time, or tomorrow.

Al

Edited by ark