Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Black Square Dukes now expected first half of April

Obviously the Duke. It should have every GPS option known to man EXCEPT the G1000😎

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Donka said:

Three other people so far have 'liked' my post - so they most likely didn't know the confirmed week either.   Not everyone tracks the official forums.

But thanks for the superfluous single inverted commas - I collect them.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

9 hours ago, JustFlightScott said:

you have an option to turn off the failures completely if you so wish.

Absolutely essential for me. I love the look of these planes, and will almost certainly buy the pair, but I have no interest in any kind of real simulation. None. Zero. Nada. For me, a cockpit is a necessary evil to let me get a plane in to the air and buzz around. And once I'm up there, I can explore the world around me, mostly in external view (where I can get to see both the scenery and the aircraft) with only the occasional foray back in to the cockpit. If I want to look at gauges I can go stare at the electricity meter in my basement. I know lots of people love the idea of having to maintain their sim aircraft and deal with failures etc, but I find the whole idea faintly ridiculous myself. But hey, each to their own.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

But which one should I get? The Duke or the Cows? I’ve liked all BS aircraft so far though. And I’m not really a fan of the G1000. 

Flew the Cows for a week and got bored. I doubt you get bored in the Duke.

In real life the Cows for me, but in sim life, the Duke no question.

• Like 2

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

I know lots of people love the idea of having to maintain their sim aircraft and deal with failures etc, but I find the whole idea faintly ridiculous myself

Each to their own of course, but a simulator simulating is ridiculous?

• Like 6

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Absolutely incredible!

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, outermarker said:

It keeps getting better and better

Boris doing the audio is the full Monty!

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Posted (edited)

I have to admit, it both looks and sounds stupendously good. There’s no way I’ll be able to resist buying this.

I still fly their King Air quite a bit, more than their other aircraft. Got the external sound package which is leaps and bounds better than the default Asobo one.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

This is looking ridiculously good.

• Like 5

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

15 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Flew the Cows for a week and got bored. I doubt you get bored in the Duke.

I laughed when I read this because I had the exact same experience. I flew it for about a week and then completely lost interest. It is an excellent aircraft, its systems depth and flight model are very good but it is I think the most boring add on plane I have every flown. It is still installed and I will go back to it at some point and try again.

18 minutes ago, Donka said:

This is looking ridiculously good.

It is and it is now the aircraft I am looking most forward to having. It will get a good deal of hours on it this summer.  But, and I want to wait to experience the flight model, but given this bird's iconic place in the FSX/P3D era of simulation it shows just how far we have advanced in the MSFS era. 

Dan Scott

49 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I laughed when I read this because I had the exact same experience. I flew it for about a week and then completely lost interest. It is an excellent aircraft, its systems depth and flight model are very good but it is I think the most boring add on plane I have every flown. It is still installed and I will go back to it at some point and try again.

Don't have the Cows, I'd probably get bored after a short while too. As I have been with the modded DA62X.

I think I like the King Air so much is because of it's complexity. Hence, I don't fly the TBM850 as often. In terms of complexity, the Duke seems to have a bucket-load of that! It's no doubt their best aircraft so far - and it might very well end up being the best GA aircraft in MSFS. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

I love the COWS DA-42. (It's incomparable to the old DA62X mod BTW - as good as that was when it released 3.5 years ago).  It's the perfect 160-170kts G1000 platform. Yes, operation is extremely simple. But don't let that fool you. There is much depth involved in that simplicity for the pilot.  The ECU Test functions are a good example of this.  When I want to focus on my navigation, or a specific RNAV approach, or even G1000 NXi visually-guided approaches, the COWS is my go to.

When I want vintage and analogue complexity, I'll likely go to the Dukes. (Until they're released, I go to the C414 or C310).

Saying the COWS DA-42 is boring because it's operation is highly simplified, is like saying the A320 is boring, because it's not a BAe 146.   And how boring must the Hondajet be?

I don't understand any notion of "the COWS will be boring now, because the Duke will have so much to manage". They're just different.  They'll both provide the highest fidelity in their own arenas of flight simulation.

All of the above comments of mine do respect opinions and the "whatever floats your boat" factor.  You are most certainly permitted to find the DA-42 boring.😊   But I personally don't think it's right, nor authentic that the COWS DA-42 is getting a bit of a bashing in this thread, because it's simple to operate.  COWS are a fantastic new developer on the scene - I personally want to support and encourage them, especially as they're now working on a (not quite so simple to manage) DA-40NG XLS, with a standard IO360, where props and mixture are not automated like they are in the TDIs.  Some people here are easily influenced, so please; don't write off the COWS DA-42, because the excited crowd here (which includes myself) are now labelling it boring, because it's not a Duke.

• Like 3

Bill

1 hour ago, JYW said:

But I personally don't think it's right, nor authentic that the COWS DA-42 is getting a bit of a bashing in this thread, because it's simple to operate.

As I mentioned I've decided not to buy it. For me it really boils down to personal preference. And the fact that I'm trying hard to refrain myself from buying every single new aircraft. 

When I want something a bit more complex (GA), I use the King Air. For a bit more simplicity, I'll go with the TBM850. Both are excellent in their own ways. As for airliners, I use the A300 when I feel like the added challenge. Or try a very challenging approach in the Fenix 🙂

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

As I mentioned I've decided not to buy it. For me it really boils down to personal preference. And the fact that I'm trying hard to refrain myself from buying every single new aircraft. 

When I want something a bit more complex (GA), I use the King Air. For a bit more simplicity, I'll go with the TBM850. Both are excellent in their own ways. As for airliners, I use the A300 when I feel like the added challenge. Or try a very challenging approach in the Fenix 🙂

Sounds like a sensible plan 😎

Apart from the bit about refraining from buying every single new aircraft.... that's just wild optimism in the face of a gripping addiction 😄 

Bill