Sign in to follow this  
JYW

MSFS won't rememeber 'Full Screen' setting

1 hour ago, LRBS said:
Without getting into some unproductive discussion, how well have certain issues been addressed since release? 
There are frequent unnecessary resets to the flight control settings, and there are also numerous resets or updates from the cloud regarding other settings. There are also intermittent issues with broken settings after updates, which leads to performance issues due to poor optimization. Furthermore, there are still poor aircraft dynamics/behavior across almost all airplanes, which require lots of adjustments in the flight config file by either certain developers or users. I am disappointed to find out that the RVR option is still not available. Additionally, there are very limited cloud types to choose from, there are so many problems to be fixed. I hope these issues can be addressed soon.

Many issues have been very well addressed since release.  A couple of my pet peeves early on were well addressed eliminate an annoying source of stuttering--the spinning data logger as well as ATC speech triggering a subtle stutter.  Performance optimization isn't for free and doesn't happen by itself and we have the best performing sim in ever relative to its complex rendering.  You're making claims about "frequent resets to FC settings, "broken settings" after updates, etc etc.  How many individual users out of all users have this happen?  Without knowing this it's just another unvalidated complaint derived from seeing a few posts here and there over time.  A very long time ago in my 3000+ hours of use this happened to me and several others, once, with Assistance settings, which took all of a few minutes to resolve.  Having a cloud-based product adds a giant level of complexity of getting everything to work well thru updates and during runtime.  The rare bird who has lost controller settings eventually learns signing out and resigning in reconnects one to the server where settings are stored and voila, all better again.  In the background MS/A is doing major work on multithreading for the new release which will open up big time overhead for improvements to cloud depiction, scenery quality, terrain LOD and so much more.  

IMO and many others now, cloud/weather quality beats all other sims currently doing volumetric voxel-based depiction.  No one "chooses cloud types" using live weather so assume you mean to say we need more cloud type depiction.   I agree, and am hopeful we will see more of this w/ 2024 release freeing up gobs of CPU resources to help address this as possible.    And despite complaints about clouds post SU5 now most users feel it's very much improved and are quite happy with even its current state.   IMO flight dynamics improved to the point of beating my 20y experience w/ FSX/P3D which clearly fit "flying on rails" to a tee.  Sure, always room for improvement in everything. 

My cup remains 90% full.  Today we're off in the PMDG 738 using the awesome immersion-creating Self Loading Cargo to do KDEN to KBIL and I can count on perfect performance.   Somehow, despite "so many problems to be fixed" I manage to have flight after flight proceed without a hitch, in multiple planes, world-wide.  Keep up the phenomenal work, MS/A. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The 2024 fairy will wave these bugs away.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I guess nobody knows what is causing this issue. I don't have the problem at all (I'm in the latest beta). In fact, all changes in the beta are positive, nothing is worse compared to the old SU14. There's a configuration file which shows if you are running the game full screen or windowed. MSFS reads that file when you boot the sim. It's hard for me to imagine what could go wrong, but it is for some users.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This week’s weekly update says it should be fixed next week with SU15

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

I guess nobody knows what is causing this issue. I don't have the problem at all (I'm in the latest beta). In fact, all changes in the beta are positive, nothing is worse compared to the old SU14. There's a configuration file which shows if you are running the game full screen or windowed. MSFS reads that file when you boot the sim. It's hard for me to imagine what could go wrong, but it is for some users.

"Over the last several days, we’ve noticed many reports about an issue affecting PC players where the sim will always open in windowed mode even if full screen mode was set. Players using both the regular release build and the SU_15 beta build are affected by this issue. The team has identified the source of this bug, and a fix will be coming with SU_15. In the meantime, the workaround to restore full screen mode is to set this option in your General Settings each time you launch the sim or simply press Alt+Enter on your keyboard."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

On 3/14/2024 at 2:05 PM, hs118 said:

This is happening to me and I am not in the beta program. Even if I set windowed mode to maximize, the next time the sim is started it is not a maximized window,

Yeah, me too...

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

This happened to me the other night too. There always seems to be bugs that appear when it's coming close to launching a sim update. Overall performance in-game has been sluggish for about a month too.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

So, they are fixing this issue in the next SU15 beta release (which should be soon actually) as they have detected what is causing it, but that doesn't explain why non-beta users are having this issue as well.
Unless the problem happened earlier that SU15, maybe in the Caribbean world update, or maybe a server side thing?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Oh yeah, I should've mentioned I'm a non beta user also.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Unless the problem happened earlier that SU15, maybe in the Caribbean world update, or maybe a server side thing?

I think it happened with the last small update, it has only been like this for a few days and for everyone,
not just beta users.

• Like 1

It definitely happened with the recent micro update.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)

They just released a fix in a new beta.  I am downloading it now. 

Obviously non-beta participants might have to wait to be updated to SU15 full release version.  Shouldn't be too long now.  Until then, Alt-Enter is your friend.  It is only a minor inconvenience.  

PS.  The new Airbus is also available again!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-15-beta-release-notes-1-37-9-0-march-22nd-2024/635165

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Confirmed fixed with this new beta build.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Yay, so pleased this annoying little buglet is fixed!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)