50 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

Reset,

I am away for a few days and haven't had time to run the newly released software, but congratulations on this milestone!

Your contributions to the community and what you've accomplished with this application have made many many people happy.

One request - I took a very quick flight last night before having to leave to get on a red-eye, so I figured I'd fly at night. I realized that the TLOD and OLOD settings should be quite different at night, unless high values also mean better drawing at night. Regardless, it presents the potential need for at least two sets of parameters. Would it be feasible to add an option to select a preset of our design/choosing if we simply don't want to run the system full bore on a night flight? Or urban/isolated kind of configurations?

I already have a night flight setting on my wish list. Come to think about it, it might have even been you that got me to put it there.

I haven't implemented it yet because you can already effectively do this with the current version simply by increasing your target FPS to a level TLOD will struggle to get over TLOD Min in the air. Also, I am extremely reluctant to add any more options to an already quite full expert section, so in order for a feature to qualify it would want to be strongly desired by most users, which I don't think this one would be. As such, it probably won't see the light of day sorry, pardon the pun.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Just run the installer for whatever version you want.

Thank you. I deleted the v0.4.1 installer...so I have no way to go backwards. But, no worry, I simply renamed the folder to include v0.4.1 in case I want to go back.

I've installed v0.4.2 and it is very nice! Great Job!

Thank you for all your hard work, and especially for requesting and listening to feedback.

The program really shows the polish you put into this!

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

6 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I already have a night flight setting on my wish list. Come to think about it, it might have even been you that got me to put it there.

I haven't implemented it yet because you can already effectively do this with the current version simply by increasing your target FPS to a level TLOD will struggle to get over TLOD Min in the air. Also, I am extremely reluctant to add any more options to an already quite full expert section, so in order for a feature to qualify it would want to be strongly desired by most users, which I don't think this one would be. As such, it probably won't see the light of day sorry, pardon the pun.

No worries! I get it and realize there are other ways to achieve the result.

• Like 1

Thanks @Reset XPDR!

just updated AutoFPS on my 12900KS/3090 computer,

the latest installer was very easy to update the app & in very quick time,

I'm not adjusting any .cfg file - just settings via standard MSFS...

AutoFPS is perfect for flatscreen flying & worked well with VR Quest Pro with ASW motion smoothing...

I hope Microsobo is taking notice...

Cheers

• Like 3

Now you should share it on fs.to because this software deserves to be offered coffee or something else

Frédéric Giraud

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

Now you should share it on fs.to because this software deserves to be offered coffee or something else

I am glad you like the app. Let's just keep things as they are. Your appreciation here is enough.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

7 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Look at Leo's face filling up your download folder with cute doggy pleasure. 👍👍

I thought it was Leo looking at you saying, "He set his TLOD to WHAT???"  

(No offense intended Cpt_Piett 😉 )

PS - The new full release version works like a charm.  I'm sold on it and would buy you a cup of coffee if able.  👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rick Ryan

Many thanks to ResetXPDR for his continuous dedication to this hobby... for me, this has been the biggest game changer since the launch of MSFS. Finally, no need to continuously tweak, optimize, reconfigure... even if I will continue doing it, because it became part of the game for me😁

Quick question. What is the consensus now about using AutoLOD or DynamicLOD for tubeliners? Some versions ago it was mentioned that probably DynamicLOD was better suited to the predictable flight profiles of the bit passenger aircraft. But I see now some new features in AutoLOD catering to that market too, and everybody seem to be using AutoLOD for IFR flights too. 

And question for ResetXPDR: how can I uninstall an old version of DynamicLOD (0.3.6 test)? The current DynamicLOD installer allows to remove the "reset edition", but not the older versions. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Many thanks for this wonderful (and useful) piece of software - cannot fly without it!

Cheers

Edited by ega
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Edmundo Azevedo

30 minutes ago, kkbelos said:

And question for ResetXPDR: how can I uninstall an old version of DynamicLOD (0.3.6 test)? The current DynamicLOD installer allows to remove the "reset edition", but not the older versions. 

0.3.6-test was a ResetEdition version, the first actually, so any recent ResetEdition installer can remove it.

37 minutes ago, kkbelos said:

Quick question. What is the consensus now about using AutoLOD or DynamicLOD for tubeliners? Some versions ago it was mentioned that probably DynamicLOD was better suited to the predictable flight profiles of the bit passenger aircraft. But I see now some new features in AutoLOD catering to that market too, and everybody seem to be using AutoLOD for IFR flights too. 

If it's any indication, I only ever run AutoFPS for any type of flying, tubeliners included. I haven't run DynamicLOD_ResetEdition 0.3.8 since I released it, which is not to indicate it is no good (many users still use it) rather I much prefer my new creation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

0.3.6-test was a ResetEdition version, the first actually, so any recent ResetEdition installer can remove it.

Unfortunately it doesn´t work in my computer. The most recent installer removed 0.3.8 from my system, but is not giving me the option to remove 0.3.6 test. 

1q3yBcI.png

wtlowA6.png

12 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

If it's any indication, I only ever run AutoFPS for any type of flying, tubeliners included. I haven't run DynamicLOD_ResetEdition 0.3.8 since I released it, which is not to indicate it is no good (many users still use it) rather I much prefer my new creation.

Would you still recommend DynamicLOD over AutoFPS for people using VSync 30 FPS?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, kkbelos said:

Unfortunately it doesn´t work in my computer. The most recent installer removed 0.3.8 from my system, but is not giving me the option to remove 0.3.6 test. 

1q3yBcI.png

wtlowA6.png

You must have a really early test version of 0.3.6!

You can manually remove it as follows:

• Delete the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\DynamicLOD and all its contents.
  • Delete any icon for it on your desktop if it exists.
  • Edit your Exe.xml file, found in your MSFS root user directory (MS Store Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft. FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ or Steam Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator", and remove the section like this if it exists:
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>DynamicLOD</Name>
    <Path>C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\DynamicLOD\bin\DynamicLOD.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

That should get rid of it entirely.

Edit: I just realised that Fragtality's DynamicLOD installer should remove it as it went in the same directory. Try running this first. 

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Would you still recommend DynamicLOD over AutoFPS for people using VSync 30 FPS?

Probably DynamicLOD as it doesn't have a target FPS that must be under your Vsync cap, but this new AutoFPS version is more tolerant of a target FPS slightly under that cap, so maybe try that with a target FPS of 28 or 29. If you get screen tearing with AutoFPS set like that, DynamicLOD it is!