28 minutes ago, Vali said:

I had more stutters with the latest, no idea why, was not quite from the start, I reverted to MSFS_AutoFPS-installer-v0.4.2-test_12Mar240940Z, this is the sweet spot for me (and I changed the Texture Resolution from Ultra to High too)

I am going back to that one too.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am going back to that one too.

@Valiand @Bobsk8 are you guys getting this stuttering in 0.4.2 release version only when in VFR flight type, because the TLOD automation code pretty much the same, if not identical, between 0.4.2 release version for IFR Mode and 0.4.2-test_12Mar240940Z in non-expert mode or with TLOD Min on ground/landing enabled in expert mode. ie. if you are getting stuttering behaviour in the latest version, you should be getting the same behaviour in that older test version.

If you are getting stuttering behaviour in any version, try changing FPS tolerance/sensitivity up or, more likely, down to see if it can be minimised that way. I strongly suggest you stay with 0.4.2 release version because I will not be supporting any other issues you have with older test versions - I have enough on my plate as it is!

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

14 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

@Valiand @Bobsk8 are you guys getting this stuttering in 0.4.2 release version only when in VFR flight type, because the TLOD automation code pretty much the same, if not identical, between 0.4.2 release version for IFR Mode and 0.4.2-test_12Mar240940Z in non-expert mode or with TLOD Min on ground/landing enabled in expert mode. ie. if you are getting stuttering behaviour in the latest version, you should be getting the same behaviour in that older test version.

If you are getting stuttering behaviour in any version, try changing FPS tolerance/sensitivity up or, more likely, down to see if it can be minimised that way. I strongly suggest you stay with 0.4.2 release version because I will not be supporting any other issues you have with older test versions - I have enough on my plate as it is!

Yeah, I was in IFR only.  I already changed back to 4.2 test. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I fear that Microsoft's could possibly even monitor discussions outside their own forums (including here on Avsim). Perhaps I should not have the same username and avatar on the official forum...

I suspect that they're getting extra vigilant (paranoid?) nowadays as Reset's apps are getting an increasing amount of attention. Earlier today one of my posts (which didn't even mention AutoFPS), had to be moderator approved. Which has resulted in me being very hesitant to even discuss the concept of dynamic LOD on their forum. 

Maybe MS does look at discussions like this outside of their own forums, but unless you are outright bagging MS for their stance or are pushing deep into questionable legal territory it would be a huge stretch for them to ban you on their forum for what you are discussing elsewhere. I look at it the other way in that if we stay respectful, and I genuinely am respectful of MS's stance because it is their software and their forum so they can do what they like, I hope that they do read discussions like this and see that there is a way to code what many users are asking for and to maybe even help themselves to some of the development effort to get it properly into their own product.

Also, if anyone was going to be banned from the MS Forums about this, it would be me, but other than the shot over the bow a few weeks ago they did about me warning someone not to discuss the app in their forums in a private message, my account remains intact and I have been posting there freely ever since. I am not even going to venture into discussions there about dynamic LOD of any description as my username is like a big target (like that juicy exhaust port on the Death Star 😆) but anyone else should be able to, including you, as long as they stick to the concept and not imply that it has already been done elsewhere, no matter how subtle the implication is.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, I was in IFR only.  I already changed back to 4.2 test. 

Well the code is pretty much the same, if not identical, for both versions. In any case, it is your choice and if you believe the older version gives you a better experience then go for it.

Posted (edited)

In case anyone saw my screenshot about not being able to log in to MSFS, I figured it out. I decided to delete it in order to avoid unnecessarily worry other users. 

Also, I have two questions to @Reset XPDR

1. I was under the impression that given enough headroom, the + sign next to TLOD Min meant another 50 would be added to the value entered. Screenshot below. 
  2. I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the + sign next to cloud recovery TLOD. I've read the sentence in the readme several times, but I can't seen to grasp the concept. 

EDIT: I think I might have answered my 1st question: I set target FPS to a much lower value and got TLOD Min + 50. 

Readme: 

When + is checked and your system is achieving 15% or greater FPS than your target FPS, then your TLOD Min will increase by 50 - giving you additional graphics quality.

TLOD Min + will only activate on the ground or when descending and transitioning from FPS to TLOD priority mode. Once activated on the ground, it will remain set so as not to tempt ground texture corruption occurring. On descent, if minimum performance can not be maintained for TLOD Min +, it will self-cancel before landing without any sudden TLOD changes.

When + is checked, Cloud Recovery TLOD becomes relative to TLOD Min instead of absolute.

MIVlBoz.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Interesting others are seeing stutters as well. Changed between VFR/IFR setting and they were present during both, albeit diminished using IFR above cloud layer in cruise.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

21 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Noticed it after decresing sensitivity from 5 to 3 but that may have been incidental

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

12 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Well the code is pretty much the same, if not identical, for both versions. In any case, it is your choice and if you believe the older version gives you a better experience then go for it.

No idea, is only IFR, VFR I did not use. On the release 0.4.2 it starts well and with the time the stutters are getting worse.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

We've had a gret run in both threads without ruffling any feathers. I ask that we do NOT continue to discuss what MS Asobo might or might not do regarding this app.

My personal guess is that, since the source code is available, they are looking into the concept but my opinion and others on this subject are pure speculation and do not belong in this thread.

Discussions of that nature belong in Hangar Chat forum.

So let's stay on the topic of the working of the program please.

Thanx!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the + sign next to cloud recovery TLOD. I've read the sentence in the readme several times, but I can't seen to grasp the concept. 

The + just changes the cloud recovery TLOD value to being relative instead of absolute. eg. if TLOD Min is 50 and cloud recovery TLOD is 80, with the + unchecked it means the 80 is absolute ie. your clouds will recover when you hit that exact value. With + checked it is relative to TLOD Min, so in this case TLOD Min is 50 and the 80 gets added to it to give an absolute cloud recovery TLOD of 50 + 80 = 130.

If find the + relative setting easier to use as I don't have to change cloud recovery TLOD if I decide to change TLOD Min as it will recalculate it to be the correct absolute cloud recovery TLOD that I am after. eg. if I decide to increase TLOD Min to 100, then the existing cloud recovery TLOD of 50 I had set with a + automatically increases the actual cloud recovery TLOD to 150 whereas without it I'd have to change cloud recovery TLOD manually to a new absolute value.

Edited by Reset XPDR

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I ask that we do NOT continue to discuss what MS Asobo might or might not do regarding this app.

Thanks for the reminder. Before I read this, I already reported one of my previous posts, asking that my paranoid delusional ramblings could be removed as I don't wish to derail this thread unnessecarily*. 

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

But I digress. Perhaps this discussion could be continued in another thread?

2 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

If find the + relative setting easier to use as I don't have to change cloud recovery TLOD if I decide to change TLOD Min as it will recalculate it to be the correct absolute cloud recovery TLOD that I am after. eg. if I decide to increase TLOD Min to 100, then the existing cloud recovery TLOD of 50 I had set with a + automatically increases the actual cloud recovery TLOD to 150 whereas without it I'd have to change cloud recovery TLOD manually to a new absolute value.

Got it, makes sense now, thanks for elaborating. Another clever feature I might add. In this case I'll set cloud recovery at 50 with the + (relative setting) added, as I tend to change TLOD Min a lot. 

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

EDIT: I think I might have answered my 1st question: I set target FPS to a much lower value (30) and got TLOD Min + 50. 

Or conversely, if I unlock FPS (goes from 80 to 130 w/ Fenix at Orbx ENAL), the same will happen (i.e. I'll get TLOD 150). 

*I believe this word is uneccesarily difficult to write for non-native English speakers such as myself

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JWvdH said:

I have my max framerate set to 30, VSYNC on, and the AutoFPS framerate set to 29. Working fine so far.

Almost the same here - VSYNC 30 (Half monitor native frame rate) with the AutoFPS framerate set at 28.   

I used to have AutoFPS framerate set to 29 but I never reached the TLOD of 200 (my max setting) in cruise (12,000 FT) - it would alway stop a little short around TLOD 194 or 196 :). Of course in reality the difference between TLOD 194 or 200 wouldn't be detectable, but heck - setting the target frame rate to 28 locks in a perfect TLOD 200 every flight now.

What an amazing application AutoFPS is - now I dont even look at it, it just runs in the background and i NEVER see a stutter 🙂
Pure joy!

Edited by mfahey
Typo correction
  • Like 6

This for me works well as i had used it for the first time last night.

i was using the dynamic reset version prior .

with step climbs TLOD increases.

min on ground 180

3000ft 250tlod 

7000ft till cruise 320tlod.

And clouds ultra  .

fps locked at 48

but my issue is with Auto fps my TLOD does not increase until almost at cruise altitude .

but mu system can handle it though at higher TLOD at lower altitudes clearly shown using the dynamic lod reset version .

thoughts?

thanks 

mike 

52 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

This for me works well as i had used it for the first time last night.

i was using the dynamic reset version prior .

with step climbs TLOD increases.

min on ground 180

3000ft 250tlod 

7000ft till cruise 320tlod.

And clouds ultra  .

fps locked at 48

but my issue is with Auto fps my TLOD does not increase until almost at cruise altitude .

but mu system can handle it though at higher TLOD at lower altitudes clearly shown using the dynamic lod reset version .

thoughts?

thanks 

mike 

This likely because your target FPS is set too high. What is your target FPS set to versus your 48 FPS cap?

• Upvote 1