Sign in to follow this  
Vel

FBW A380X - Sneak Peek

Simply fantastic preview video.

This is how it's done. Great job FBW-team.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Posted (edited)

Stunning work, I am speechless.

Regarding the blue tone, there is indeed a small difference with the real one on some views, but I believe it is due to the video compression.
Here is a couple of pics I took in Le Bourget Exhibition, some years ago.
Airbus blue color is a bit greenish IRL.
spacer.png

spacer.png

When here the blue color is too much dominant:
spacer.png

But IMO, there is a true color discrepancy with the real cockpit, FCU wise.
Digits are white with a very subtle blue background color, when FBW gave the background a true blue coloration.
Please look at these two pics:

spacer.png

spacer.png

If we want to be very picky, we can also notice a small difference in the shape of the plane's windows which are more rounded in real life than they are in the simulation.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Of course, this is not at all a criticism but simple observations on a plane that I know quite well.
FBW has achieved a real technological feat and we can only be grateful that this huge and brillant work is offered to us for free.
Thank you very much folks, looking forward to discovering your new jewel!
👍

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Mixed feelings here. Such an UGLY aircraft and such curiosity and will to fly it. Let it come!

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

6 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Mixed feelings here. Such an UGLY aircraft and such curiosity and will to fly it. Let it come!

It looks very sexy from these eyes!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Posted (edited)

Robert Randazzo: "Right, let's hit publish. This is going to take the community by storm and have everyone talking about PMDG!"

FBW: "Hold my beer".

Edited by JYW
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

It’s weird, the PMDG777 is flyable at FSWeekend, so you’d yhink tjeyr preview would be a bit more.

Highest respect for the FBW team! It's already a big accomplishment how far they have come with this huge project. Very much looking forward to this release. 

• Like 1

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

When I say PMDG hasn’t innovated in years, this is what I’m talking about. And this is freeware. Not to take the spotlight off of FBW and the awesome work they are doing, but as others have noted, THIS is how you do a sneak peek!! You’d think a company as big as PMDG would have better marketing than a team of die-hard hobbyist, working for free just to bring the community something truly new and fresh. Bravo to FBW. This is absolutely stunning and such a huge and selfless accomplishment! I’ll definitely be donating more after seeing this awesome footage!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

When I say PMDG hasn’t innovated in years, this is what I’m talking about. And this is freeware. Not to take the spotlight off of FBW and the awesome work they are doing, but as others have noted, THIS is how you do a sneak peek!! You’d think a company as big as PMDG would have better marketing than a team of die-hard hobbyist, working for free just to bring the community something truly new and fresh. Bravo to FBW. This is absolutely stunning and such a huge and selfless accomplishment! I’ll definitely be donating more after seeing this awesome footage!

I agree. I've always supported PMDG but they need to lift their game in light of this - I'm almost speechless. Hopefully a 787 might be on the way.

• Like 2

David Porrett

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

Of course, this is not at all a criticism but simple observations on a plane that I know quite well.
FBW has achieved a real technological feat and we can only be grateful that this huge and brillant work is offered to us for free.
Thank you very much folks, looking forward to discovering your new jewel!

Hi, thanks for the comments and kind words, regarding the coloring of the cockpit in the video. This is mostly due to Mike who did the recording, has an OLED monitor using some custom settings in the sRGB range which can make the apperance of things oversaturated on most LCD monitors. When the aircraft does land in your hands the colors will look much better to it's real life counterpart.

As for the cabin, it's still in alpha and we primarily wanted to show off to you the great work that Repsol and Mike worked on so far which was primarily the chairs, everything else will get fixed up accordingly 🙂

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

Digits are white with a very subtle blue background color, when FBW gave the background a true blue coloration.

The blue coloration of the FCU displays is really light dependent, for example in the image below. Of course as we do more A380 sessions and feedback from A380 pilots we'll adjust as necessaryByu9IXG.png

• Like 15

Looking great guys.  Looks like you really got the OANs dialed in nice and smooth.  Love the new livery also.  Keep it up!

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

The slight worry was that photos can misrepresent what is the true state of the environment. Unless a photographer pays particular attention to white balance, colour temperature and saturation, the source information being used can be wrong.

Here's a comparison for demonstrating this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good to hear that the difference is recognised and shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I was going to buy PMDG’s 737 now and then get the 777 when available but after seeing this video I am going to dive into FBW’s A32NX now to get familiar with how Airbus does things. I will donate the equivalent funds that those two planes cost to FBW. 

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro