Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

SU 15 Delayed.

10 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Meh, at this point I don't really care what they're going to do with this sim. I am more concerned with not seeing any 2024 previews. I'd think that being almost into April they'd start showing some cool stuff already. 

I don't really care also what they're going to do with this sim for quite some time now ,worried about MSFS 2024,excited for MSFS 2028.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

5 hours ago, KL Oo said:

During the last dev update Martial indicated he thought it was fixed and was surprised it wasn't pushed out by his team. Jorg indicated on camera that this needed to be dealt with promptly...

I'd highly doubt this delay would be for that. It would take 48hrs at most to implement as it was already coded and in the live production phase according to Martial.

Its most likely a boring reason like a long list of unforeseen bugs that need to be sorted through. The FSR3 shout is a good one although I'm surprised there haven't been any leaks about this happening if it were true.

• Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

MSFS will never meet the standards of the general public

The 'general public' is an appalling yardstick for anything.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Seriously I don't even know how to code but i'm not a complainer either. I enjoy it for what it is MSFS will never meet the standards of the general public and that is the nature of people and software development don't see Eye to Eye.

As someone who is a member of the general public, all I can say is that I think that MSFS is fantastic.  It runs well on my old rig and every time I use it, it makes me smile.  Plus it is so stable compared to the other sims that I have flown.

I just look forward to all the continuing improvements and I'm in no hurry to run MMSFS2024 whenever it comes out.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, regis9 said:

only real impact for me is the delay of the new flight model for the CH-47D

Yep, was looking forward to maybe having their new FM and other update-dependent stuff in place for the long weekend. Probably gives Miltech more time to tend to any back burner features though (click spot to hide the cyclic, please).

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

11 hours ago, speedyTC said:

They are churning out sceneries and aircraft like there is no tomorrow.

Desperately I would say

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, polosim said:

Not yet, I think you are one of those lucky enough to not have the issue, it would be interesting to know what the source or combination was that caused it.

Apparently solved for people in the SU15 beta. The good thing about this bug is that the spinning circle "CHECKING FOR UPDATES" is not present 😆 

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Better to get it right, imagine the uproar if it released and borked everyone's sim. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I really don't care about any delay. To be blunt and politically incorrect, I presume ,I am slightly tired of this endless flow of system updates (15 SU in 3.5 years !). Once a year would be plenty enough for me. The only thing I care is to have my favourite aircraft (pay-ware or default) work OK  and the sim run smoothly.  They can take all the time they want.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

If it is the iniBuilds NEO that is delaying it I will say I’m not surprised in the least. They have a proven track record of releasing bugged products that require multiple patches post release to get sorted. Their A300 I believe is up to 9 patches now since release just a few months ago. All their sceneries get released with terrible optimization requiring numerous patches. I hold very little hope for their A350 not needing 5 to 10 patches before it’s useable when released. They have a awful internal testing process or QA process it appears and from the outside their large growth rate with corresponding company head count has failed to be managed properly resulting in one bugged release after another.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

I have experienced multiple crashes and freezes during these latest betas, not to mention stutters, so here’s hoping they are looking into those too. I am sure inibuilds is part of the delay, too. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

7 minutes ago, B777ER said:

If it is the iniBuilds NEO that is delaying it I will say I’m not surprised in the least. They have a proven track record of releasing bugged products that require multiple patches post release to get sorted. Their A300 I believe is up to 9 patches now since release just a few months ago. All their sceneries get released with terrible optimization requiring numerous patches. I hold very little hope for their A350 not needing 5 to 10 patches before it’s useable when released. They have a awful internal testing process or QA process it appears and from the outside their large growth rate with corresponding company head count has failed to be managed properly resulting in one bugged release after another.

Fully agree.

Besides that, in my opinion, postponing the SU15 official release waiting for "another" A320 (when there are already close to four different options for this sim: A320 default, A320 lvfr, A320 lvfr + HorizonSim mod, and the very good A320 FBW) sounds unnecessary to me.

Cheers, Ed

Yeah, I don't think this is only about the a320. There's problems with stutter, freezes, CTDs, ai behaviour, ai hammering the cpu, avionics refresh rate still seems slower, etc...

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I’ve been in the beta since day 1. Performance was already great on the first build, and now it’s exceptionally stable as well, at least on my end. First build was an instability nightmare with CTDs on almost every flight - the beta forum was filling up with CTD reports en masse. 

Lately I’ve been running the sim for 24hrs+ in the Fenix with AI traffic just to see if that would “break” the sim. It didn’t. I’ve flown all around Europe several times in the Fenix until it was almost running on fumes - still the sim was stable and there was no performance degradation. I’ve flown over Manhattan at 3000ft with TLOD 600 and OLOD 900 and to my amazement I got away with it.

Eventually I ended up “breaking” the sim by thinking I could get away with rendering a video with the sim running. This foolish act brought down MSFS - and Windows 11 along with it 😆

The recent builds have not brought many changes - some minor bug fixes, avionics, aircraft… Those who are eagerly anticipating the ini Neo will be happy that SU15 is delayed. The rest of us - probably not so much. Just my 5 cents. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

34 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Fully agree.

Besides that, in my opinion, postponing the SU15 official release waiting for "another" A320 (when there are already close to four different options for this sim: A320 default, A320 lvfr, A320 lvfr + HorizonSim mod, and the very good A320 FBW) sounds unnecessary to me.

You forgot the best one by far, the Fenix.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310