Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Fantastic Just Flight support anecdote

Posted (edited)

I have a minor visual impairment caused by diabetes.  I bought the JF F28 and as wonderful as I can clearly see it is, it just doesn't work for my needs; the cockpit geometry is very realistic but in terms of my use, the gauges on the MIP are almost unreadable, whereas my nose is almost touching the glareshield 😄

Although I got it on sale, I was a bit frustrated at spending £40 on the F28, when I knew that after one loading of the plane (I didn't even take off), I'd never be using it again. 😌

So I emailed JF support and simply explained the above to them.   I pushed my luck and asked whether I could change my licence for the F28, over to the JF Arrow (normally-aspirated), as I have the Turbo and the Warrior, really enjoyed them, and thought I may as well see if this situation could lead to me completing my collection of JF PA28.    Knowing how hard it can be to get refunds / exchanges in the FS world, I did not hold out much hope.

In my email I said that I wasn't concerned with getting the difference in price between the F28 and the Arrow back.

I was also conscious of the fact that, from today until next Tuesday, it's a public holiday for Easter here in the UK, so I knew I'd not hear anything until the middle of next week.

I was wrong.... I received a lovely email from JF this morning (Good Friday, a bank holiday), advising that they had changed my licence over to the Arrow, and had put a credit for the difference in price, onto my account.

Absolutely amazing support that I feel goes above and beyond.  JF are a fantastic ambassador for FS developers/publishers and for British businesses in the FS market.

Thank you JF!   I am delighted and did not expect the courtesy and generousity of your actions.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 31
  • Upvote 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

They are a great bunch. Years ago I bought the wrong Twotter version. They fixed it for me- no fuss, no muss.

‘I will always support them.

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I agree, I purchased the F28 not expecting to fly it much, but more as support for JustFlight.  However as it turns out, I am flying the F28 a lot more than I thought...I really like it.   And I will buy JustFlight stuff just to support them, even if I might not fly a particular plane that much.

Bill you should set up some custom views, my vision is not perfect either and I have some "zoomed in" views I saved for the F28's gauges.  I have an old Logitech gamepad that I use to switch back and forth to those views.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Simon is outstanding in his support via emails with me about their traffic program.  I would highly recommend JF any day.

• Like 3

Jack Sawyer

Over my [all too] many years of simming, I've had nothing but great service from Just Flight. What's more - their rewards system actually works, so there's always an incentive to stay loyal!

• Like 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Yes, I have to agree that they have great support and great service overall. It is one company I do not hesitate to purchase from.

• Like 2

Dan Scott

I love Just Flight and the support they have. Only hope they release an add-on manager like Aerosoft One.

• Like 1

Alexander Colka

Top shelf company. 

Who else releases an update like the upcoming 146 for free?

• Like 3

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Posted (edited)

JF has always had great customer service. Wayyy back in the FSX days I grabbed their L1011 Pro edition which was... Well, less awesome than the stuff they're putting out now, let's just leave it at that. I sent an email asking why certain systems that worked on the non-pro version didn't work on the pro version and without even having to ask they offered a refund because "I can see you're used to a higher-fidelity than this plane offers." I almost felt bad taking them up on it, but I've given it back to them several times over the years, including the very good 146. Twice. Once in P3d and again in MSFS.

There was a consumer article today about a guy who got charged more than $500 in restocking fees for returning four defective hard drives to Amazon. That's much more typical of the kind of customer service businesses are offering today. It's really nice to see JF being consistently stand-up for many years now.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 2

Just Flight has to be one of the most upstanding and trustworthy vendors out there. Been around for years and know the flight sim business inside and out. The support has always been top notch. The guys over at FS2Crew are up there with the best too, nothing ever too much trouble.

• Like 2

I had a similar request a few years ago - they simply swapped the license to a different addon. Just Flight is Just amazing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had a similar experience myself.   I just can't rate them highly enough. 

A great bunch of people to meet at the UK flight sim show as well.  I wish we could get those shows back on again.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Not that I've ever needed to use it, but I've read many threads over the years praising the quality of both their products and support and would not hesitate to recommend them.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

On 3/29/2024 at 10:03 PM, eslader said:

There was a consumer article today about a guy who got charged more than $500 in restocking fees for returning four defective hard drives to Amazon. 

I read the entire article on LinkedIn, all the way to the end.
The customer eventually did get their money back, once Amazon had been persuaded by the author of the article,
not the customer themself, to intervene.
Almost always, going above and beyond is the result of an individual's level of commitment to customer support.
Of course, that level of commitment varies from support person to support person.
Just Flight evidently have chosen their support staff well.

• Like 1