Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Ini Is Dropping The a300-600R Today (Update)

Thanks for the reply!

However, for me, the pilots are not visible at all, no matter the distance from the aircraft.

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cannow said:

Still no save and restore for those of us who cannot sit for hours on end .will keep to good developers like pmdg till the rest learn how to create an add on. Don't purchase half complete software

It’s not half complete, as they never promised that function.

And you don’t have to sit there the entire time. On flights longer than an hour I usually get up and do chores or walk the dog or just find something else to do.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Oh, and something that I've forgotten a few times now is to lock the gear after retracting. If not I'm in for a surprise on approach with the gear still up even though the gear handle on my throttle quadrant is down...

This has caught me out a few times!  😄

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JYW said:

This has caught me out a few times!  😄

Phew, I'm in good company then!! 😅

Been doing some single engine taxi (probably not standard procedure exactly). But hey, it works! I'm also starting to appreciate the ground handling more and more. Is it... better than the Fenix? She does seem very sturdy on the ground - and ground speed quickly bleeds off during turns. 

Just discovered something new: Use the GPWS flaps override switch just to the left of captain's yoke, and it's possible to land with flaps 15/20 without incessant warnings. Much like the config 3 button on the Fenix overhead panel. 

Just have to sneak in a few pictures (can't help it, she's such a great looking aircraft)

13TQunS.jpeg

Here I'm unloading 20 tonnes of mail at the cargo terminal in Nice 😎

gWwPZ6f.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I'd honestly say that, for me, the A300 is one of the nicest-textured airliner cockpits I've seen in any sim.  They really nailed the (semi-) vintage vibe!  

• Like 2

Bill

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just discovered something new: Use the GPWS flaps override switch just to the left of captain's yoke, and it's possible to land with flaps 15/20 without incessant warnings.

That's what the 15/20 Flaps switch above the Flap lever is for. That switch is the equivalent of the Flaps 3 Button in the A320 series.

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

How do I get rid of these warning messages?

Looks like it's not pressurizing as you climb, are your packs and engine bleeds on?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Farlis said:

That's what the 15/20 Flaps switch above the Flap lever is for. That switch is the equivalent of the Flaps 3 Button in the A320 series.

I think we’re talking about different switches here - I have not noticed the one above the flap lever. I’ll check when I’m back on the flight deck.

Another thing: For the last few flights I’ve completely forgotten to use trim, resulting in the airplane floating before touchdown. In fact I don’t even have any controller buttons assigned to trim (been using my Fenix configuration)

16 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

How do I get rid of these warning messages?

Did you set landing elevation? Don’t think anything else is needed for the pressurization system to work properly. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Posted (edited)

Did the LAM initial approach to EGLL ILS 27L tracking the LAM radial on the captain’s ND and the BNN radial on the FO’s ND. That was HARD, at the same time managing speed, flaps, altitude restrictions, slowing the aircraft to Vapp.

eSViJDA.jpeg

Of course I forgot to bind trim to my side stick hat switch, requiring a forward pressure on the sidestick to bring the aircraft down. Not good. Flaps 15/20 did work well though, using autobrake low and no reverse thrust as I aimed for the cargo terminal exit. 

cpgqhl6.jpeg

Spending some time at the cargo terminal getting some much-needed maintenance done. The A300 might be my favourite airliner at the moment. 

XAssF0o.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The A300 might be my favourite airliner at the moment. 

Mine too!

You just love punishing yourself with these hands-on approaches don't you? 😄

I've just flown from the handcrafted KATL Atlanda to the handcrafted KDFW (which is awful.. texturing straight from FS9!), using every bit of automation the A300 could give me!  Very immersive flight, with SayIntentions providing almost flawless IFR ATC (apart from vectors for the ILS, which it seemingly just can't get right yet). 

One of the really nice touches with SI is when you land and get a customized "Fedex 242, welcome to Dallas Fort Worth, contact ground on 122.6). 

But yes.... nothing can tear me away from the A300 at the moment. (Nothing else airliner-wise anyway). 😎

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

18 minutes ago, JYW said:

Mine too!

You just love punishing yourself with these hands-on approaches don't you? 😄

Can't help it, having way too much fun! Last night I snuck into Cologne/Bonn on the shortest runway with a 11kts tailwind, just to be able to get the exit closest to the DHL terminal haha. I absolutely love testing what the aircraft is capable of. Also I think I'm drawn like a magnet both to the vintage aspect of the aircraft - and the sheer size of it. Which can be appreciated when "standing" on the tarmac looking up towards the cockpit windows. There's a sense of... power being able to handle this beast!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by this thread. I feel like I've been sitting alone in this room for the past 24 hrs talking to myself 🙂 What on earth are people flying these days? The Dukes are not even out yet! 

22 minutes ago, JYW said:

I've just flown from the handcrafted KATL Atlanda to the handcrafted KDFW (which is awful.. texturing straight from FS9!), using every bit of automation the A300 could give me!  Very immersive flight, with SayIntentions providing almost flawless IFR ATC (apart from vectors for the ILS, which it seemingly just can't get right yet). 

One of the really nice touches with SI is when you land and get a customized "Fedex 242, welcome to Dallas Fort Worth, contact ground on 122.6). 

But yes.... nothing can tear me away from the A300 at the moment. (Nothing else airliner-wise anyway). 😎

I might have to look into SI (yet again given up on FSHud, not using any ATC addon at the moment). 

• Like 1

Thank you to you all for your support, love and feedback on the PW/IDC update on the iniBuilds A300-600R airliner!

We have been working tremendously hard on fixes and improvements over the past few weeks! You will notice various changes in the product and that has come from some feedback from IRL A300-600R airliner pilots from different operators around the world.

A further note that in this update we have temporarily disabled the SEC FPLN in order to get this update out as we still have some pending work to do in this area that did not finish up in time. We did not want to hold this release up for that, and we hope to update again next week with that work wrapped up and the SEC FPLN operable once again.

Thank you for your support and have a lovely weekend!

-----

v1.1.1 of the iniBuilds A300-600R Airliner for MSFS has been released. This update fixes lots of different items from systems, to art, sounds and more! Take a read through the extensive changelog below!

This update can be downloaded via the iniManager.

v1.1.1
Systems

Fixed - [VNAV] When in the turn VDEV reporting low on path but ending high after turn complete 
Fixed - [SYS] When pressing N1 mode no ECAM is shown
Fixed - [ENG] OIL TEMP to not be based on EGT
Fixed - Double pressing +/- on IDC doesn't' switch between a + and -, just inserts + every time 
Fixed - [IDC] AOC Enroute - Pos Rpt unable to change fuel from KG to LBS, regardless of units selected on EFB
Fixed - [IDC] Squawk IDENT on ATC/TCAS CONTROL page doesn't send ident command to Vpilot
Fixed - F-PLN B page when RSK should take to VERT REV B page also
Fixed - [IDC]TCAS "TA ONLY" state doesn't show an indication in the TCAS control page
Fixed - [SYS] ECAM TCAS STBY memo does not appear when ALT RPTG ON
Fixed - [SYS] No Bleed air pressure indication with APU Bleed ON, ENG OFF
Fixed - [SYS] Bleed air pressure gauge gets stuck to last value when R ENG BLEED = OFF
Fixed - Can't step through ATLN/SEC F-PLNs
Fixed - BRG/DIST should be to 1 decimal place
Fixed - TO Config should read NORM FOR T/O
Fixed - TCAS showing traffic at wrong relative altitude
Fixed - STAR selection code crash
Fixed - EFIS dials (DH, FPA) can be adjusted with FCU off
Fixed - F-PLN B page wind format 
Fixed - [FMGS] Speeds in plan do not account for transition alt
Fixed - [ENG] N2 speed during crank
Fixed - Manual changes to INIT B should be big font
Fixed - Pressing GPWS switch when alert is active does not cancel warnings
Fixed - PACKS OFF Operations
Fixed - AP/AT Disconnect switches not animated via control input
Fixed - [VNAV] Aiming for CST too early 
Fixed - If a message is open on one idc, sending a message from the other messes with the message displaying IDC
Fixed - ORIG/DEST have no input sanitisation
Fixed - Switching panel button behaviour
Fixed - Should be possible to modify sps/alt/wind dir/temp directly on F-PLN
Fixed - Should be able to dial in a speed when in PROF like in the A320 for when you switch to LVL CHG or VS
Fixed - Unable to change LAT/LON with slew keys INIT A
Fixed - Navaid/REF pages
Fixed - MCDU F-PLN page additions and corrections
Fixed - IMM DESC is started with any right LSK on F-PLN page
Fixed - Des arrow is few pixels off again
Fixed - Wrong bearings on SID (FACT RWY19 TETAN 1A SID)
Fixed - Tiller getting stuck left when used via rudder axis
Fixed - [IDC] COM Presets not saving either Com1 or Com2
Fixed - Throttle locks to idle after turning off autothrust
Fixed - [SYS] CTD/Plane stops responding when deleting HOLD/Waypoint from PROC in MCDU
Fixed - Should be possible to modify sps/alt/wind dir/temp directly on F-PLN
Fixed - ENG 2 PW EGT max pointer needle doesn't move
Fixed - MCDU F-PLN page additions and corrections
Fixed - Wrong bearings on SID (FACT RWY19 TETAN 1A SID)
Fixed - PFD errors
Fixed - Oil level mismatch on PW variant
Fixed - FMS number rounding
Fixed - ANTI SKID release indicators in flight on the wheel page are missing
Fixed - Door SD Page improvements 

Art

Fixed - Cargo compartment smoke detection switch animation issue
Fixed - APU exhaust still visible after being shut down
Fixed - Missing GPWS Landing Flaps/ Slats selector switch text
Fixed - [ART] Using the IDC panel - lose the lettering and the illumination around the ILS and VOR frequencies
Fixed - [ART][PW] Eng 2 EGT Orange Needle INOP
Fixed - [ART] Weird shadow on IGN/APU panel buttons
Fixed - EGT warning light on GE engine config lighting up at PW limits
Fixed - [ART] FO/CAPT switching lower sys indications should be boxed
Fixed - Squib emissive should be white, not amber
Fixed - [ART] FO Switching panel has red lines on buttons when CAPT side switching is set to SYS3
Fixed - Engine 1 Pylon labels mirrored
Fixed - [ART] PW Pax house livery on the nose says Freighter (600RF instead of 600R)
Fixed - [PW] Pilots Model missing from external view
Fixed - Cabin light resets when zooming out

Sounds

Fixed - GPWS test plays in C&D 
Fixed - Alt alert C chord cuts off early if you rapidly adjust the alt knob on the ground
Fixed - [SOUND] Exterior view engine sounds fade in and out
Fixed - PW sounds on fuel injection
Fixed - Increase ATC COM telex volume
Fixed - RA Callouts playing on panel state change
Fixed - Horizontal Stabilizer Trim animation inverted
Fixed - Engine sounds disappear too fast on shut down
Fixed - Sound Mix Feedback

EFB

Fixed - Pax EFB has toggle catering option avail in the air
Fixed - [EFB] On-screen keyboard only shows numbers for HOPPIE field on settings page
Fixed - [EFB] Enroute map - save/retain zoom level when switching between EFB apps
Fixed - Landing calc RWY graphic units not syncing

Other

Fixed - MSFS Checklist TOGA highlights old ATC COM button click spot
Fixed - CPT PFD brightness typo

• Like 3

I really wish they could integrate some kind of multicrew system with the A300 like Aerosoft did with the A320 back in FSX. The FS2Crew guys don't seem to be interested in supporting it unfortunately. Really adds to the immersion factor having a virtual FO running checklists and procedures. 

• Like 1

Just downloaded the new 1.1.1 update and off for a test flight.

• Like 4

Bill