Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Ini Is Dropping The a300-600R Today (Update)

Doing my first PW flight now, no concerns on sound mixing so far.  I could hear the engines loud and clear for taxi and take off and then the sound gradually transitions to primarily wind as I climb.  Pretty much what I would expect.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

29 minutes ago, Krakin said:

What do you think of the improved ground handling on the A300? It is available if you're in the beta

I'll test this once I reach EGLL. Didn't see anything about it in the release notes though - is it mentioned somewhere else? To be honest, I'm not that familiar with the specifics of the improved ground handling. If someone could give me some background info it'll be easier to know how to test it. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

The ground handling perhaps feels a little nicer, a little more inertia but I can't be sure and it could be placebo effect!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I completely forgot to check for ground handling as I was too busy landing and taxiing the aircraft. Didn't notice any oddities though, on the landing roll or the taxi to the gate. Again - not really sure what to look for. 

The whole flight was exceptionally smooth though, now that I'm back in the beta. Probably the smoothest flight I've had into Heathrow in the sim so far. 

I had promised myself to not re-enter the beta, but as the sim CTDd on loading a flight, I changed my mind. Haven't had a single CTD in the last few beta builds, rock solid stable. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

12 hours ago, Andrew2448 said:

Sounds exactly like the classic MSFS weather switch when it decides to switch wind speeds by 100 knots instantaneously and the pressure changes as well, messing with your altitude. Really doubt this was the plane's fault.

Could well be, last time I experienced this and quite frequently was last year with the Fenix, nothing since then

6 hours ago, micstatic said:

I admit I'm not type rated in the A300.  But I think a lot of people fly it and expect it to behave like the Fenix and have a modern autopilot.  There are many threads here and other places where real world ex A300 pilots have said VNAV was used less and much differently than the modern pilots.  I guess I have a different view.  I think having to use a little speed brake and ensure my speeds/alt is on track is part of the fun.  

I did the same flight and similar weather with the honeywell fitted maddog. It was way more precise and predictable, even if less than the more modern Fenix.

Maybe after some update the A300 VNAV still need some works,  

3 hours ago, JYW said:

The ground handling perhaps feels a little nicer, a little more inertia but I can't be sure and it could be placebo effect!

They are taking advantage of the new ground friction in su15. So if you are on that it’s not placebo. They actually tweaked it 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

here is the spot in the description video about the ground handling changes. 

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I think when it comes to ground handling this is one of the best that’s been modelled. It was good before the update and even better now. The aircraft feels heavy as it should and loses momentum as you turn. You’ll have to be in the su15 beta from what I recall, to see these new ground handling effects.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, micstatic said:

here is the spot in the description video about the ground handling changes. 

Great demonstration of the updated ground handling. Hopefully more aircraft devs quickly adopt the SU15 ground handling physics improvements and FM parameters and tune them properly/optimally for their aircraft too (Fenix B2 came out early in the SU15 beta so hopefully on a subsequent update, PMDG 777 better be using this, etc). Wish Asobo would also get the updates out to more of their default fleet, especially the AAU treated ones.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

9 hours ago, rick celik said:

I think when it comes to ground handling this is one of the best that’s been modelled. It was good before the update and even better now. The aircraft feels heavy as it should and loses momentum as you turn. You’ll have to be in the su15 beta from what I recall, to see these new ground handling effects.

I agree 100%. This new ground handling model is worth the price of the entire simulator. 

• Like 1

Hello,
Request for opinion (I am not opening a discussion for what must have already been asked, thank you.)
If you "fly" the 737 pmdg and/or A320 Fenix, do you think that the A300-600 V1.1.0 is a plus to have it in your hangar as a "study level" aircraft
Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Area said:

Hello,
Request for opinion (I am not opening a discussion for what must have already been asked, thank you.)
If you "fly" the 737 pmdg and/or A320 Fenix, do you think that the A300-600 V1.1.0 is a plus to have it in your hangar as a "study level" aircraft
Thanks in advance.

Yes, it's a great addition and provides a different experience being an older aircraft, and a widebody heavy aircraft,

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Area said:

do you think that the A300-600 V1.1.0 is a plus to have it in your hangar as a "study level" aircraft

Absolutely. It's a very different airliner being much older and not having the automation of modern airliners. It's trickier for sure, but more rewarding when you get things right. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Area said:

Hello,
Thanks in advance.

Yes, definitely, it is profoundly different to those two modern aircraft. It has a 'vibe' all of it's own and in my personal opinion, the cockpit texturing knocks the other two out the park.

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)