Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

//42 Announcement!

April Fools is intensely irritating in the internet age 😄

• Like 1

An April Fool's 'joke' that isn't a joke at all. Just an advert for something that isn't real.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EGLD said:

April Fools is intensely irritating in the internet age 😄

Yes it is.  Childish to say the least. 

Still, at least PMDG managed to get their B777-300 out of the door today.  And the price is cheaper than I expected.  What a strange day to release it though!  :unsure:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, anden145 said:

I'm sorry but what do you mean by "calendar" ?
Could you perhaps explain it for the "slow kids" 😄

April 1st

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Posted (edited)

Ah guess I'm not really awake today.

Thanks guys! 🙂

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Posted (edited)

-Double post-

Please delete

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

An April Fool's 'joke' that isn't a joke at all. Just an advert for something that isn't real.

An April Fool is never meant to be side-splittingly funny, it is a "prank".
A prank is "a trick that is intended to be funny but not to cause harm or damage".
Humour never travels well and this topic is a perfect example of that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Reader said:

A prank is "a trick that is intended to be funny but not to cause harm or damage".

But it's not funny is it. It's just an advert for something that doesn't exist. It's like me saying there's a red van outside, and when you look, its a blue one. There's no wit or humour in it at all.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I first got happy but then saw the price and got suspicous. That was not funny at all, since now I am sad again to deal with the messy msfs camera system.

When people need to get attention... not very funny to me.

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

My god some of the replies here. Just a bunch of old cranky men. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Real Life Flight Sim Pilot

Posted (edited)

I did upvote the Chaseplane Wishlist item at https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-give-us-chaseplane/272780/27 as Paralell 42 suggested. I am surprised it only has 95 upvotes. To be honest, a wishlist item with 95 upvotes is not going to gain traction and the MSFS team (ie. Jorg), won't make it a priority.

Even though I upvoted that Wishlist item though, I really wonder if the MSFS team have revamped the camera system in MSFS 2024.  Is Chaseplane really a complicated piece of software? If Chaseplane is not a complicated piece of software, I would rather the MSFS team implement a camera system equal to, or better than Chaseplane in MSFS 2024.

Now if they did not make a much better camera system in MSFS 2024, then I really hope the MSFS team just makes a camera API, and let a 3rd party developer do it. This is my thinking on live weather and cloud variation in live weather too - if the MSFS team do a very good job for the cloud variation in live weather in MSFS 2024, there is no need to make a separate weather API for clouds. But if the MSFS team did not improve the cloud variation in live weather for MSFS 2024, then maybe it's about time that they let a 3rd party developer do it.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 hours ago, Aglos77 said:

With these people every day is a joke since I bought skypark.

And their jokes are, IMHO, profoundly unfunny. 

Posted (edited)

I personally think April Fools pranks are funniest when they're something profoundly silly (Like Got Friend's paddle boat).  When it's something that a lot of people would actually like, it transcends from funny to profoundly irritating, in a heartbeat.  I think P42 may not have thought this through - or perhaps it was just to garner attention.    Either way, in the scheme of things, it's no biggle. 😄

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)