Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Just Flight 146 v2 update available

Posted (edited)

Download available through your JF account, I am downloading as we speak. file size 3.3GB, download was (still) very fast.

Screenshot-2024-04-04-172304.png

Edited by DAD
  • Like 10

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

MSFS marketplace when?

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

15 minutes ago, Krakin said:

MSFS marketplace when?

Who knows. I’m in the same camp as you.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

23 minutes ago, DAD said:

Download available through your JF account, I am downloading as we speak. file size 3.3GB, download was (still) very fast.

Thanks, literally checked 15 minutes before that and wasn't there .. .. downloading now.

15 minutes ago, Krakin said:

MSFS marketplace when?

When Microsoft put it through !!

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Thursday evenings is usually when the market place gets updates if i recall correctly, but i would be surprised if this update was available as quickly as i think it takes MS at least a week to process these things. On the other hand ,i could. totally wrong.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

giving it a short spin from EGNM to EGLL. Flies nice (as before). There is now the toggle option between classic and modern FMS. and stupid me thought that what we had before is classic ;-). learned this now. besides that, is VNAV supposed to work now? In modern FMS? at least I still cannot activate it.

Screenshot-2623.png

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

17 minutes ago, DAD said:

giving it a short spin from EGNM to EGLL. Flies nice (as before). There is now the toggle option between classic and modern FMS. and stupid me thought that what we had before is classic ;-). learned this now. besides that, is VNAV supposed to work now? In modern FMS? at least I still cannot activate it.

Screenshot-2623.png

VNAV (as in the button) doesn't work, this is actually the case in the real aircraft (I know that sounds unbelievable, but it never did from what I have read).

Classic FMS should give you VNAV information though, you just need to manage your descent yourself.

G

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Is uninstall required for the previous version?

22 minutes ago, DAD said:

Screenshot-2623.png

In addition to what Gazzereth said, the UNS-1 can provide advisory VNAV, sort of like in the CRJ, the manual for the UNS-1 is on the 146's product page.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, dbw1 said:

Is uninstall required for the previous version?

It deletes the old one itself anyway!

Just had to copy the directory back to the addon linker directory...

G

Edited by Gazzareth
  • Like 1

still waiting for Sim Market also

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Posted (edited)

Nice!

Ironically, I've been flying the 146 (V1) a lot lately, as it regenerated my interest for it, when the fancy video of V2 came out.

So I'm going to let the dust settle and queues wane, before grabbing V2 and flying it.

As others have said, awesome that JF have provided such a comprehensive update for a product this old 😎

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just grabbed it, and a very fast 3.5 GB download too. Quality again, JF. 👍

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I tried 2 hours flight using authentic FMC. In the beginning everything was working as expected. About in hour or so into the flight autopilot started  pitching airplane up running our of speed (engines were set for cruise power) . I disconnected  autopilot manually establish correct power, altitude and  heading. Turned autopilot back on with ALT hold and LNAV activated. But instead of holding it airplane started descending. I disconnected autopilot again fixing altitude and heading. Set cruise power and let autopilot to turn on again. I can see autopilot attempt tracking LNAV but  cannot hold altitude. Not sure what to think I didn't not have this issue before the update

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

VNAV (as in the button) doesn't work, this is actually the case in the real aircraft

Thought this may fire back 😉 . Well ok. Thanks! Managed to descent via IAS hold and taking throttles back

• Like 1

Phil Leaven