Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Just Flight 146 v2 update available

15 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this landing. Never thought of using the brake on final though.

It’s actually standard practice in the 146 to extend your tail airbrake before you touchdown.  I remember watching Jazz 146’s land at my local airport years ago and they would extend it just before touchdown to help settle the plane…maybe 30-40 feet AGL?  

I think they had to use air brakes on the EGLC approach due to the steepness as a standard operating procedure as well.

• Like 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

21 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just about to start a flight from Nice. Just had to share this image: 

Fp3t45z.jpeg

Stole this for my screen background. Hope you dont mind.

• Like 2

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Was the 300?

I’ve only tried the 300 so far.

1 hour ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Stole this for my screen background. Hope you dont mind.

Not at all. The sim can look really pretty, especially at dusk/dawn.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, regis9 said:

It’s actually standard practice in the 146 to extend your tail airbrake before you touchdown.

[...]

I think they had to use air brakes on the EGLC approach due to the steepness

Correct.

spacer.png

And:

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Is there any official word  on fixes for autopilot issue ?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Is there any official word  on fixes for autopilot issue ?

What AP issues?  Serious question, not a troll.

-B

47 minutes ago, btacon said:

What AP issues?  Serious question, not a troll.

-B

Basically at some point of time autopilot starts chasing altitude up/down or continuously  climb/descent ignoring autopilot command such as ALT hold. Cycling autopilot on / off while manually establishing desired speed and altitude doesn't solve the problem.  

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this landing. Never thought of using the brake on final though.

I've got this ancient (filmed 1998!), exceptionally good DVD on the 146:-

Debonair BAe 146 by ITVV

53ba7f7b4502c93b8f056da82123cbb2.md.jpeg

If you love the 146, it's a fantastic 3 hour long DVD with surprisingly good camera quality (7 cameras on the flight deck) for it's vintage.

The captain covers every square inch of the 146!

....anyway, I recall being very surprised that the speedbrake is employed in the air, but yes, on the DVD, they put it out around 100' from touchdown.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Basically at some point of time autopilot starts chasing altitude up/down or continuously  climb/descent ignoring autopilot command such as ALT hold. Cycling autopilot on / off while manually establishing desired speed and altitude doesn't solve the problem.  

Heh, then it’s not me LoL. Release day I experienced much of what you described but it wasn’t sustained so I just thought, “nube”.  I’ve not put a lot more time in the plane since hence my question.

Thanks again,

-B

Posted (edited)

Excellent Addon - so much fun to fly.

The empty weight in the EFB W&B calculator is to high (25.642 kg instead of 23.218) - that makes it a little tricky to sort out the weights between Simbrief and the EFB management. I put pax weight im Simbrief to 88 kg as a collegue here proposed and allow now luggage. So I achieve the ZFW I want to fly.

Edited by PTI139
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, JYW said:

anyway, I recall being very surprised that the speedbrake is employed in the air, but yes, on the DVD, they put it out around 100' from touchdown.

That’s interesting. I guess it would be necessary at London City. Is it standard procedure? Sorry if this was already mentioned in this thread.

18 hours ago, regis9 said:

It’s actually standard practice in the 146 to extend your tail airbrake before you touchdown

It was! I had a feeling I had read it.

Speed management is a bit finicky at cruise, finding the right thrust setting to maintain a reasonable speed. Leaving the flight deck is probably not a good idea, and yesterday she nearly stalled while I was checking Avsim. Which of course would never happen in the real world, so my point is sort of moot. 

I haven’t had the autopilot issue. Yet.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

10 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I had the same issue on my second flight yesterday on descend to VTPH, even when I switch the AP sync on, then manually trim to stabilize, and AP sync off, the pitch oscillation started again.

Another weird thing on my third flight, was on approach to WAHQ, aligned on the VOR, the plane did a continuous crab on me, roll 5-7° to the left and quite a lot of yaw to the right. Wind was calm, checked my axis in the option, they were neutral, speed was 210-200kt, all engine had equal output and AP sync was off.   

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2024 at 9:18 PM, Cpt_Piett said:

Got something weird going on with the checklist. Anyone got this? And please don't hit me with the RTFM stuff, be nice 🙂

zNOM7H3.jpeg

ysqxJKt.jpeg

By the way - has anyone got the visors to work? They seem stuck.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

ysqxJKt.jpeg

By the way - has anyone got the visors to work? They seem stuck.

WD40.

Seriously, I couldn't get them to work either.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Also I have to press buttons on the AP panel two or three times before they work. Strange.