Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Just Flight 146 v2 update available

Too bad for Just Flight that the V2 release coincided with a completely botched Navigraph navdata release. Did one flight from EGNM to EGLL in which no VOR station was active. Now in the A300 from EGLL to EHAM and navigation seems to have gone out the window...

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

authentic FMC

Which is what version? Classic?

had a similar experience in the modern version on my way to EGLL. AP disconnect and THEN the plane started to oscillate, trying to compensate something which resulted in continued AP disconnections. Somehow felt like the trim ran away and caused to high pitch? 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I tried 2 hours flight using authentic FMC. In the beginning everything was working as expected. About in hour or so into the flight autopilot started  pitching airplane up running our of speed (engines were set for cruise power) . I disconnected  autopilot manually establish correct power, altitude and  heading. Turned autopilot back on with ALT hold and LNAV activated. But instead of holding it airplane started descending. I disconnected autopilot again fixing altitude and heading. Set cruise power and let autopilot to turn on again. I can see autopilot attempt tracking LNAV but  cannot hold altitude. Not sure what to think I didn't not have this issue before the update

I had very similar issues about one hour into a two hour flight. Lots of alt. oscillations and finishing with AP putting plane in a hard right descending spiral at which time I gave up to try another day.

-B

Edited by btacon

16 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Too bad for Just Flight that the V2 release coincided with a completely botched Navigraph navdata release. Did one flight from EGNM to EGLL in which no VOR station was active. Now in the A300 from EGLL to EHAM and navigation seems to have gone out the window...

Yikes! Glad I hadn't yet updated my Navigraph today!

14 minutes ago, DAD said:

Which is what version? Classic?

had a similar experience in the modern version on my way to EGLL. AP disconnect and THEN the plane started to oscillate, trying to compensate something which resulted in continued AP disconnections. Somehow felt like the trim ran away and caused to high pitch? 

Sorry for my poor choice of words! I meant to write "classic" FMC

First I have experienced it everything was set perfectly for cruise all of the sudden  autopilot started climbing causing airspeed to bleed. Not sure what caused it 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

Yikes! Glad I hadn't yet updated my Navigraph today!

A wise decision! They were quick to release another revision, things seem to be normal again now. I do see some smearing on the approach plate though, which is a bit odd 🤷‍♂️

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/release-notes-msfs-airac-cycle/1755

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

4 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

Are you sure it's not your Nvidia preset 😉???

It's hard to know for sure as I was driving whilst looking at the charts 😉

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It's hard to know for sure as I was driving whilst looking at the charts 😉

🤣🤣

Driving and flying don't mix well...

• Like 1

These AP altitude / trim runaways sound like something is going wrong with the CWS mode in the plane.   I'm definitely going to leave the V2 for a week or so and let the dust settle.  If there is a bug with it, we can be sure JF will be onto it and have it patched quickly.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DAD said:

Download available through your JF account, I am downloading as we speak. file size 3.3GB, download was (still) very fast.

Screenshot-2024-04-04-172304.png

Thanks for the info, I've been checking my mailbox hourly for update available notification from JF....still waiting. Now downloading via account.

Edited by JustanotherPilot
  • Like 1

steve southey

Any idea of when this will be available from third party sellers? Purchased mine through contrail and was afraid this would happen. I've been looking forward to this one.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Any idea of when this will be available from third party sellers? Purchased mine through contrail and was afraid this would happen. I've been looking forward to this one.

Me too, none of the third party shops have it yet. I hope we can expect it today.

EDIT: Now available at the Contrail Shop

Edited by Lars-Contrail

Cheers,
Lars

Guys, third party stores have the build and assets needed so if you're lucky they'll get this live for you today.  Out of our hands now though, sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JYW said:

These AP altitude / trim runaways sound like something is going wrong with the CWS mode in the plane.   I'm definitely going to leave the V2 for a week or so and let the dust settle.  If there is a bug with it, we can be sure JF will be onto it and have it patched quickly.

That isn't an issue that we've ever encountered during the extensive testing process and neither did the many streamers who previewed the update, so we'd need anyone encountering that issue to get in touch with us via the support section of our website so that we can investigate. It sounds like a control assignment conflict rather than any autopilot logic issues.

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 1

Martyn - Just Flight