Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

SU15 Beta Build 1.37.12.0 Released

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-15-beta-release-notes-1-37-12-0-april-5th-2024/637099

General Bug Fixes

• Memory optimization improvements

Known Issues

• In the Reno race mode, the P-51 Mustang is sometimes unable to complete all eight laps without running out of fuel.
  • The Reno race lap/time counter and instrument interface are sometimes not visible during a race.
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

22 minutes ago, Krakin said:

unable to complete all eight laps without running out of fuel

jeeze and I thought it's me! jokes aside, happy for all who are into Reno racing. I am more into the memory optimization improvements - though I would not know what else to improve on my mediocre system which just runs fine

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

42 minutes ago, Krakin said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-15-beta-release-notes-1-37-12-0-april-5th-2024/637099

General Bug Fixes

Known Issues

• In the Reno race mode, the P-51 Mustang is sometimes unable to complete all eight laps without running out of fuel.
  • The Reno race lap/time counter and instrument interface are sometimes not visible during a race.

Very odd for me. Saw your post and rebooted machine to get update. None appeared. Strange I thought. Checked version and already had it. I never saw it drop but version # and release notes say it did.  Anyone have any idea how this could happen

-B

7 minutes ago, btacon said:

Very odd for me. Saw your post and rebooted machine to get update. None appeared. Strange I thought. Checked version and already had it. I never saw it drop but version # and release notes say it did.  Anyone have any idea how this could happen

-B

same happened to me, never saw the update window neither prompt to update procedure as before.

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

Yeah, this update was about 6h ago. Quiet update.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

I just got v12. but was makes me nervous are the again updated XBOX and Live Services apps I just saw as well. wondering whether I again have to reset MSFS or delete gameservices manually through task manager. or - big surprise - MS just fixed the login issues?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Krakin said:

General Bug Fixes

Known Issues

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Out of curiosity and I didn't grab a screen shot but did anyone else have a message saying an update is needed with the update notice and download progress appear in a text box overlaid rather than the progress bar at the bottom of the screen.

I'm on PC/store version and opened MSFS by right clicking on the icon in my taskbar and selecting open as Run as administrator.

Anyone noticing any difference from the memory optimization?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Krakin said:

Memory optimization improvements

Can't wait to test this!! 🎉

EDIT: Wait a minute, I'm already on 1.37.12.0. I might even have done a flight, as it was released 9 hrs ago. Can't remember downloading anything on sim load though. Although I might have made a cup of tea or watched the grainy clouds outside the window 😉

Looks like they're gearing up towards MSFS 2024. Which they don't want to talk about. Yet 😄 

EDIT2: Ok looks like other people have also experienced the stealth update. 

5 hours ago, btacon said:

-B

5 hours ago, rutrA said:

Yeah, this update was about 6h ago. Quiet update.

Interesting. Most interesting. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

For those of us who are confused about the rollout of this update, it looks like it was small enough to be done only on the vendor side. So it was the small updated we got from Steam or the Microsoft store.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

55 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Anyone noticing any difference from the memory optimization?

Yes, a lot. When the first SU15 beta was released, performance was spectacular. I and others posted comments about this improvement. Slowly, however, update after update, performance declined somewhat, as other improvements were introduced into the beta. Now, with today's 1.37.12.0 release, the initial fantastic performance is back better than ever. I think everyone will be extremely pleased with the final release. 

• Like 11

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Yes, a lot. When the first SU15 beta was released, performance was spectacular. I and others posted comments about this improvement. Slowly, however, update after update, performance declined somewhat, as other improvements were introduced into the beta. Now, with today's 1.37.12.0 release, the initial fantastic performance is back better than ever. I think everyone will be extremely pleased with the final release. 

Su15 is good. In fact it's really good. At my end performance has been stellar throughout the various iterations. Stability seems better as well - no CTD's after the 2nd or 3rd revision (only self-inflicted CTDs due to running at TLOD 975 over Manhattan or rendering a 4K video while flying). 

This bodes well for MSFS2024. My wish: better multithreading optimization. The main thread is still too congested, especially when running AI traffic. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

48 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I have been running with two monitors side by side with MSFS stretched across one and a half screens (using NCP Surround to get the double resolution option showing up in MSFS options). Only one and half screens because fps droped way of with 2 full wide. But now suddenly I can use two whole screen widths at great fps and no stutters.

If 2024 runs even better, than some of you folks with better hardware could easily run a single double wide monitor in 4K. Or VR in double 4K.

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

10 hours ago, Krakin said:

General Bug Fixes

Known Issues

It should be added

• Reverse Thrust does not work with several aircraft (not only PMDG but also MSFS/Asobo)
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).