Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

SU15 Beta Build 1.37.12.0 Released

5 hours ago, David Mills said:

Yes, a lot. When the first SU15 beta was released, performance was spectacular. I and others posted comments about this improvement. Slowly, however, update after update, performance declined somewhat, as other improvements were introduced into the beta. Now, with today's 1.37.12.0 release, the initial fantastic performance is back better than ever. I think everyone will be extremely pleased with the final release. 

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Su15 is good. In fact it's really good. At my end performance has been stellar throughout the various iterations. Stability seems better as well - no CTD's after the 2nd or 3rd revision (only self-inflicted CTDs due to running at TLOD 975 over Manhattan or rendering a 4K video while flying). 

This bodes well for MSFS2024. My wish: better multithreading optimization. The main thread is still too congested, especially when running AI traffic. 

This is good to hear but the main question still remains; Are we back to Pre-SU14 levels of performance (or better than)?

Many of us suffered huge performance losses with that update, midway though this beta cycle I did some benchmarks (as you know) and SU15BETA was worse than SU14...so what I want to see is a return to what it was Pre-SU14 at the very least, any further improvement would be a bonus.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Update is tiny.

No perceptible change in performance for me. 

• Upvote 1

Only a 241 Mb download at initial launch, and nothing afterwards in content manager.  So very small, but as we can see, the changelog is very small also, so maybe getting close to release now.

Some factors to temper expectations though...  I have had two crash to desktop occurrences in the last few weeks while testing the beta (I can't complain as I understand what testing a beta means), but CTD's were previously rare for me.
I can only assume it is due to them tweaking the memory optimisation, as it happened with aircraft and locations that have never been a problem before.

Another one is that they appeared to tell a scenery developer that they had located the problem causing the bleed through textures at airports / airfields in DX12, and said it would be fixed.  Well, if so, that fix has not appeared in any SU15 beta up to now.  
I still saw the bleed through in the previous beta, and it isn't mentioned in the change log for this one. 

So my thoughts are there is still a bit of work to be done before release, but could still make a full release around the third week in April maybe?  In any case, best not to rush it.

EDIT:  No issues for me in this beta in a quick 25 minute test flight.  I can't tell if performance is any better as I am already locked at 4k ultra 60fps anyway (the most my monitor can do), but even though I can't see any more than 60 fps, is was very smooth in the PMDG 737-300 out of a medium sized airport.  I saw no frame drop, so no complaints from me.  As a side note, I have not seen the old 4 second freeze shortly after loading into cockpit for quite some time, so that is good as well.

@Nemo  I had to restore some control settings, but in the PMDG 737-700 3.0.92, the reverse thrust was working for me.  Not tried PMDG 3.0.93 yet, but I believe that was just an update for controls freezing after a very long flight.
So you may just want to check your control assignments.  Like some others, I have had various settings wiped or reset from time to time during updates.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Anyone noticing any difference from the memory optimization?

Yep. In Reno race mode the P51 now remembers to run out of fuel

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

The texture bleed through issue is not restricted to DX12 mode.

On a side note, another issue that I would like to see fixed is the one where only part of the DEM data for an island is rendered. A good example is the small island in the bay that can be seen directly ahead of you at the runway 19 threshold at LGKA Skiathos. Even at a TLOD of 400 (mine is set at 250, but I tested it to see what would happen), the elevation data is active for the left side of the island, but not on the right side. This results in the ridiculous situation where autogen trees are hovering in mid air over an invisible section of the island. The higher mountains way beyond this are rendered just fine.

This needs to be corrected.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I would have expected a more comprehensive changelog, considering that the final version should have been released almost two weeks ago. Surely some issues with the Reno extension can't be the reason why they delayed the final version for the second time in a row.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, outermarker said:

I would have expected a more comprehensive changelog, considering that the final version should have been released almost two weeks ago. Surely some issues with the Reno extension can't be the reason why they delayed the final version for the second time in a row.

Why cant it be?  Because you dont fly jet liners in Reno??  I would say running out of fuel is a show stopper.

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

It installed here and I didn't even notice 😁

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

Well this version is the smoothest I have experienced in quite a while. I was running AIG and Denver and smooth as silk. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

... the main question still remains; Are we back to Pre-SU14 levels of performance (or better than)?

I've personally never before experienced such smooth, outstanding performance as the latest 1.37.12.0. Another closely related issue is the previous graphics anomalies that occasionally plagued Frame Generation. For me, those pesky issues have now disappeared completely with the latest update.

While I'm sure Asobo is now devoting most of its time to '24, I find it both encouraging and admirable that the current version of MSFS is receiving more frequent, and more richly fine-tuned updates than practically any software package on the market (of any genre).

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

48 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Why cant it be?  Because you dont fly jet liners in Reno??  I would say running out of fuel is a show stopper.

That's cute, are you one of those TikTok brained 12 year olds that loves to argue about props vs jets? Moooom, flying airliners in the sim is so booooring.

1 hour ago, outermarker said:

That's cute, are you one of those TikTok brained 12 year olds that loves to argue about props vs jets? Moooom, flying airliners in the sim is so booooring.

No I'm one of those with the brain of a 6 year old but understood early in life that it's not only "me-me-me" This game is not only patched to suit your needs.

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

34 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

No I'm one of those with the brain of a 6 year old but understood early in life that it's not only "me-me-me" This game is not only patched to suit your needs.

If you think that one of the most significant updates to this Simulator was delayed by month because of the Reno expansion that ~100 people bought in total, I really can't help you with your delusions.

No update was delayed due to the Reno bugs being fixed.  There was simply a fix and they published it. 

There are still other issues that may need to be addressed, or which Asobo want to address before the full SU15 is released, otherwise, fairly obviously, they would have published it.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.