Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Fenix AP disconnect is still not fixed

Twice in the last 24 hours, I've had an AP disconnect during approach: approx 3000ft, flaps 2, 180kts.

First time was into Istanbul (LFTM). Winds calm, nothing out of the ordinary.

Second time was into Heathrow (EGLL) tonight. Yes, it was gusty, but I can't believe that all these hundreds of aircraft making approaches tonight have got autopilots disonnecting all over the place...! Would be chaos. 

This issue needs to be addressed urgently. Major problem.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

first thing make sure all that assistance stuff is turned OFF !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Are many people reporting it? Not had an issue with that at all....

Strange it was on approach both times though.

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

could be a binding on your joystick or hardware causing the issue , I know with my Honycomb  have caused binding issues in the past after aircraft updates until I fingered it out that a switch on the Throttle or Yoke was the issue

Jason Richards

Posted (edited)

Not widely reported. Like others have said check bindings. Even showing a video could help. Does not need to be addressed urgently since it seems it is only you having the issue. Any movement without you realizing like touching the Joystick ever so slightly the TCA for instance is known for having issues once a bit of dirt gets into where the wires are a fix on how to fix this here even though its rudder it will fix any issues assuming you have the TCA that is.

Edited by carlanthony24

I also had this problem, and tried all the possible sensitivity and null zone settings suggested on Fenix site and other sites as well, but what REALLY fixed it for me, was calibrating the joystick (Thrustmaster TCA joystick + Honecomb Bravo throttles) from the Windows Control Panel. This solved the issue, even with the previous (before B2) version.

I haven't had it since the update. Before it I had it twice. But since I know how to ge the AP to reactivate I didn't see it as a problem.

7 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Sorry Ben, but nothing needs addressing. Seems like a hardware problem on your setup.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

You need to set up your joystick dead zones properly. If there are any inherent inputs from them the AP will disconnect as it thinks it's a pilots input. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

22 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Twice in the last 24 hours, I've had an AP disconnect during approach: approx 3000ft, flaps 2, 180kts.

First time was into Istanbul (LFTM). Winds calm, nothing out of the ordinary.

Second time was into Heathrow (EGLL) tonight. Yes, it was gusty, but I can't believe that all these hundreds of aircraft making approaches tonight have got autopilots disonnecting all over the place...! Would be chaos. 

You're always very dramatic; purporting that every issue you have in the sim is a terrible bug that must be addressed by the developers!  I've flown around 20 hours across 12 or so flights in the Fenix lately and have never had an AP disconnect.  As others are reporting the same, does it not seem likely that the issue is at your end, and not so much of a "Major problem" that "needs to be addressed urgently"?

Why not just describe the problem and ask for help?   Instead of every post being about a supposed dramatic failiure of a developer.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I can also say that I have only been flying the Fenix since it came out and have never experienced any sort of AP disconnect at any stage of flight. 

• Like 2

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

22 hours ago, Farlis said:

I haven't had it since the update. Before it I had it twice. But since I know how to ge the AP to reactivate I didn't see it as a problem.

Quite the same here. Had a disconnect maybe three or four times but not since v2 block 2. and after I set turbulence to medium

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Checked all my hardware. Not a problem. This is definitely a FENIX issue

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

50 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Checked all my hardware. Not a problem. This is definitely a FENIX issue

I would open a support case or post something to their discord.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

On 4/7/2024 at 6:03 PM, Gazzareth said:

Are many people reporting it? Not had an issue with that at all....

Strange it was on approach both times though.

G

Happened to me on latest version in cruise phase of flight. Reported it, got no acknowledgement. 

Eric